framing pictures from books and magazines

Discussion in 'Fashion and Crafts' started by cerridwen, Feb 1, 2005.

1. cerridwen

cerridwen in stitches

I've a couple books that have been falling apart, so I tore out some of the neat pictures and framed them.... They're hanging around the house and are so original! There's one book I had where you paint your own fingernails, and there's a pic of two hands holding a fishbowl... that's hanging in the bathroom....

2. Faerie

Faerie Peachy

Good idea... I love doing that with old magazine ads from the 60's... There so cool looking.. I Love the old Life savers ads.. I have many of them framed and hung in my room..

3. Angel of Rock N Roll

Angel of Rock N Roll Member

Another Good source of pictures for framing are old text books. The info is so out of date it can be funny, but the pictures can be cut out and framed. You can find old text books at yard sales for almost nothing. :)

4. granola.kiss

granola.kiss Member

That's really cool...I have a lot of framed old VW ads. I've also framed a bunch of pictures from a book of mendhi. My favourite, though, is b&w pictures from an old old book about cheerleading from the fifties that i got at a library sale...

xoxo
    cortnee