found this and its a quite interesting statement

Discussion in 'Cannabis and Marijuana' started by BudBomb7, Jan 30, 2005.

1. BudBomb7

BudBomb7 Member

i was researching Texas House Bill 254(decrim. of an ounce or less)

and i found this qoute

"According to the Marijuana Policy Project, marijuana use by teens in the Netherlands - where marijuana is regulated much like alcohol and tobacco are in the United States - is less than it is in the United States "

so according to the MPP if it were legal the usage wouldnt go up so i dont see what the hell the govt is bitching about....lets organize for legalization. who's up for a non-violent stoned sit-in or something?

2. StonerBill

StonerBill Learn

it wont work if it was legalised today in our current culture. the culture in netherlands has been developed over a long time, with respect to casual substance use

3. element7

element7 Random fool

yeah, I have this picture of a floodgate effect if it just suddenly hapenned. Funny though thinking about all the stoners that would just be chillin' for a few days wondering if it was real or just some trick. lol.

(off topic though: bill is that the actual size of that mantis? ... that's cool )

4. StonerBill

StonerBill Learn

hehe perspective plays tricks :p though the photo hasnt been modified, the fingers below the mantis give scale, not my eye. still, the biggest male ive ever seen even though its small.

5. BudBomb7

BudBomb7 Member

if it were legal, id definetley go on a cross country trip and stop by like everyones house who lives in the US on here to smoke out, and save up some money and get a plane ticket to visit the euro's and aussie's!
    that would be so much fun

6. mebesideme

mebesideme Member

Yeah, if pot were suddenly legalized in the US, it would wreak havoc for sometime on our culture. For the first week, there would be a grey cloud over the continent visible from space. The second week would ring in with a lawsuit about somebody getting denied a job because they tested positive for thc, even though its legal. The third week, the owners of all the fast food chains would become the richest people in the world and die from cocaine overdoses, and microsoft would go under, cause, honestly, what stoner cares about the pc? Then, the iraqi's would realize we're all stoned, and they would infiltrate the country en masse and take over. Then one morning we'd wake up with sand on our lips, and our hands would be missing cause its like a crime to be american or something. I would rather have it stay outlawed anyway. Cause I know my life would go to shit if I could get stoned. Fuck it.

7. BudBomb7

BudBomb7 Member

wow, that was really depressing.....

i dont think any of that would happen besides the cloud of smoke(considering all of us stoners would be outside enjoying nature instead of hiding away in our rooms toking like we are some kind of freak)

8. PianoB12388

PianoB12388 Member

I am all for a stoned sit-in, I'll even help organize it. I've always wanted to organize one.

9. Eugene

Eugene Senior Member

I think most of the worlds problems if you could get all the world leaders to sit down and smoke a hookah, afghanistan can bring the hash, canada has the best buds, and we'll even smoke some of mexicos shit so they don't feel bad.
    There would be no more war, until tanzania starts bogarting the joint, fuckin tanzanians. (kidding, yay tanzania)

10. StarFaerie

StarFaerie Member

i'd participate in a stoned sit in lol

11. High Guy

High Guy Member

hahaha bogart... yeah well the illigalisation of marijuana is based solely on racial prejuduce against mexicans and african americans. the thing is if it were legalized today alot of people would lose jobs, you know the "drug polics" i cant remeber what their called though... yeah i read an article and it says that when marijuana was once said to be the most voilent casuing drug in teh world:confused:
    there would probably be a bunch of religious retard going around protesting or some shit it's pretty sad and are they ever going to legalize gay marriage? what up with that? you can't expect a society that wont let homosexuals exchange vows to legalize a drug. I'd say the people in jail would be pretty sad casue there wouldn't be anymore cute little stoners to pass around.:p

12. BudBomb7

BudBomb7 Member

LOL

i highly doubt weed was made illegal for rascist reasons. maybe that contributed to it but im sure it would be a very minor thing. i believe the story of William Randolph Hearst doing back alley and under-the-table deals to get it outlawed. My mom read a book about him recently and she said he was in to some pretty heavy criminal shit(extortion, murder, bribing).

13. hallowedbethyname

hallowedbethyname Member

It doesn't seem like that quote really touches on a possible legalization or decriminalization in Texas, except that it possibly is the "for" side's arguement. Legalization in this country won't even come up for at least 50 years, as this country is too resistant to change and tolerance. Europe is many years ahead of the US in terms of foriegn policy, business, and government. What will end up happening is that states will start to bring up medicinal marijuana related bills and then pass them, and other staes will follow, and soon at the state level there will be almost all states will have medical marijuana laws, and a few states will have decriminalized marijuana (I think the closest state to decriminalize is California, although i could be wrong). This is a possible scenario, as I am sure it will not be legalized in the near future (unless there was some sort of war or revolution or something).

14. snelio37

snelio37 Member

wow. i never realized stoner bill was even remotely cute. new sig pic...newfound hotness. hm.