forums gathering!!!

Discussion in 'Old Hippies' started by dilligaf, Jun 1, 2004.

1. dilligaf

dilligaf Banned

As we had posted on the old forums,,,, We are having a forums, family gathering the first week of July , 2004....

Yes we know it is also the week of nationals, however many can not make it that far west so we are havin one here in the kudzu patch.....

We are located in central north georgia just off the appalachain trail and the cohutta wilderness.....

that being said,,, we hope anyone and everyone can put all differences aside and come spend a day or two or a week with us, angelgodiva and hubby who will also be here the entire week... boooooooooooooooshnoogs who will be here atleast part of the time, and i still believe sweatin in the south and family,,,,, so come on out to the kuzduz patch n get lost in it with us for a bit :)

directions...

we are in central north Ga, gilmer county,,, find a map and get to ellijay or chatsworth:p

you will be coming into the kudzu patch off of Ga state route 52

from ellijay

From ellijay you will take 52 west about 5 miles out of town (at approximately 3 miles you will see new hope grocery on the right) pass mile marker 8 Gates Chapel road will be on the right. turn onto gates chapel and go about a mile to mile and a half, you will pass pickett mill subdivision on the left and then dover falls on the right, Zion hill road is on the right directly after dover falls subdiv.. follow Zion hill for about a mile or there abouts, ,, on the right hand side will be douglas mountain trail,,,,(dirt road) follow the main trail up to the left will be paved drive but contnue on up the hill to top,,, where the nasty sign sayin no trespassin , no turn around, no parking etc, veer to the left and go thru the gates and continue following this path (errrrrr trail) on up to the homestead ...

Again from chatsworth you will be coming in on Ga state route 52 east... continue east on 52 for approx 15 miles. pass mile marker 9 and sumners grading and hauling on left... Gates chapel road is on the left just before mile marker 8.... (iffin ya go too far,,,, new hope grocery will be on yer left, turn yer butt around n back track then follow directions from ellijay),,,, turn onto gates chapel .. and go about a mile to mile and a half, you will pass pickett mill subdivision on the left and then dover falls on the right, Zion hill road is on the right directly after dover falls subdiv.. follow Zion hill for about a mile or there abouts, ,, on the right hand side will be douglas mountain trail,,,,(dirt road) follow the main trail up to the left will be paved drive but contnue on up the hill to top,,, where the nasty sign sayin no trespassin , no turn around, no parking etc, veer to the left and go thru the gates and continue following this path (errrrrr trail) on up to the homestead ... hope to see yas here....

Rsvps would be appreciated but not required:)

2. sweatininthesouth

sweatininthesouth Member

hey dilli and hippiehillbilly.... we'll probably pop in for a day but most likely won't be able to stay overnite, as I got a job a few weeks ago and can't take any time off just yet.....so, my time is pretty sparse these days.

Will you still be roastin' a piggy? where has hillbilly been? haven't seen him in here much lately??

3. teepi

teepi living my dream

I'm so sad I won't be there, Larry can't take off work and I don't drive.

But I will be there in spirit and thinking of you all,there are so many here i would love to be able to meet and hug.

teepi

4. hippiehillbilly

hippiehillbilly the old asshole

TIS PROBABLY GONNA BE A CHICKEN ROAST,,, BEIN THE 20 EXTRA ROOSTER THAT WAS SENT WITH OUR BROOD A FEW WEEKS BACK...:p

I BEEN AROUND,,WE GOT ALL INVOLVED IN GETTIN DILLIS TRAILER,, AN GETTIN IT SET UP,, AN NOW I SPEND HALF MY TIME DOWN THERE,, AN WE AINT GOT PUTER DOWN THERE,, SOOOO ,, TIS WHY I AINT BEEN ON MUCH LATELY,,...

BUT THINGS ARE WELL,, AN EVERYONES FINE,, COME SEE US YA HERE?/?:)

5. hippiehillbilly

Well we are less than 4 weeks away now...

Hope everyone is making there plans to attend...[​IMG]

Hope to see you all here!!![​IMG]

6. Dakota's Mom

Dakota's Mom Senior Member

Looks like we're not going to be able to make it down. I was looking forward to it. But family stuff is getting in the way.

Kathi

7. hippiehillbilly

No Worrys,,,:sunglasse

Be it 5 or 50 or 500,, or hell just angelgodiva an bob,,,
    It will still be a success...

Hell 2 is better than none...;)

Yall come see us when ya can ya here???

8. angelgodiva

angelgodiva Senior Member

Nothing short of kicking the bucket will keep me away...I will be fresh out of surgery, but I will be there!
    I was talking to Sam a while back and she said she really wanted to come but animal problems got in the way, one of her younguns broke his leg.

9. Claire

Claire Senior Member

Oh my!
    I would have loved to come to this gathering... it would have been great to meet up with you guys from the USA!
    I will have to keep my eye out for the next one and take some time off work:)
    I hope you all have the best time:)
    Love, Learning and Freedom Clairexxx

10. angelgodiva

angelgodiva Senior Member

Oh, I would love to meet you too, Claire, and so many of the UK folks...you are so lucky to live so close to one another. This country is so freaking huge we never get to all meet like that. One of my lifelong dreams is to make it to England, though, and when I do, I'll time it for one of your gatherings. You are one of the sweetest people on the boards.

11. dilligaf

dilligaf Banned

for those that cant come this year,,,,

we are planning on making this a yearly event ,,, same time frame same place each year and hopefully with each year it will grow ..:D

12. teepi

teepi living my dream

Thanks Dilli,

Happy to know I still have more chances,

teepi

13. steffan

steffan puffin

wish i would have known of it, me and momchild woulda sure been there,, a gathering with adults!! that woulda been chill. we will be there next year for if it if it happens.. dang dang dang

14. steffan

steffan puffin

maybe this hasnt accured to ya'll but thats a tough week to excape the slavething,, maybe the second week next year?

15. abudman

abudman Member

Wow! I just posted a message on Old memories of back in the day :p check it out. I think I will try to make this thing sounds like fun. Will try to make it for part of the weekend. I'll bring my sleeping bag....

Steve in Virginia
    AKA White Rabbit (that was when I had hair)

16. abudman

abudman Member

Sorry guys. I spoke too soon. Just looked up on mapquest and its over 500 miles. I'm afraid my back wont let me take that long of a bike ride. Just tooooo damn freaking old DAMMIT DAMMIT DAMMIT!!!!!!!!

17. hippiehillbilly

500 miles aint far,,,

we have a early arrival who just got in from northern california,, and angel godiva is comin from conneticut fresh off knee surgery...

So 500 miles is no exscuse....;)

18. homebudz

homebudz Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

Damn HB & Dilli,I would love to come to your gathering.My wife unfortunatly can't do much in the way of traveling anymore.We even sold our motorhome this year.It sux man.I will however dedicate several bowls of th' kind in your honor.Best I can do nowadaze.Peace,

george

19. dilligaf

dilligaf Banned

awwwwwwww;) thankies much homebudz.... n we will pass da same kind in your honor as well:p and be with you in spirit at the very least,,,, n next year hire a lear jet or sumthin so you n ya lady can zip on out supadupa quicklike and be with us :D .... damn 420 came an hour early today..... aint dat sweeeeeeeeeet dude,,, after four months of being hair follicle pissass straight....

20. homebudz

homebudz Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

4 MONTHS WITHOUT DA KIND?????????????????Oh man that sux.I'd be blind by then,or at least not able to drive or work or nuthin.