For people with schizophrenia?

Discussion in 'Mental Health' started by zeppelin kid, Jun 29, 2006.

1. zeppelin kid

zeppelin kid Member

I just wanted to ask those out there if the voices and delusions are exaggerated on the definition of schizophrenia and its not as bad as it may seem or is it exactly that and worse. And also did you have no idea you had it until a friend or doctor mentioned it, in other words did you hear voices or see delusions and really not notice them at all because at the time you didn't think you had schizophrenia. I'm just wondering.

2. Danishbuddha

Danishbuddha Member

i got my scizophrenia defined 5 years ago.. back then it was a living hell, but now i have learned to live with my "new friends"

3. zeppelin kid

zeppelin kid Member

Can you describe one day with this disorder to me or explain what you dealt with on an every day basis?

4. guest19

guest19 Member

i actually have just been diagnosed with schizoaffective ( which is schizophrenia with major depression)... and yes hearing voices and noise all day long is as bad at it seems.... once i started hearing the voices , i knew no one else heard, i knew there was a problem

5. spooner

spooner is done.

it varies.

6. SunshineChild

SunshineChild Mad Scientist

Um, well it was real at first.. I was the messiah, yadda yadda yadda, but then when I was diagnosed I quit believing.

7. SunshineChild

Eh.. I doubt that.

8. SunshineChild

Well, schizoids who think they are normal are just lieing if you ask me. Or it's some sort of motivational saying, inside they know they are crazy. I will say sometimes that there's nothing wrong with me, but really I know, as well as the person talking to me, that I'm lieing.

9. zeppelin kid

zeppelin kid Member

Then let me ask you sunshinechild, can you describe how you classify yourself as "crazy", in other words can you give me an example when you are at your craziest point in your head or what is your thought pattern like.

10. spooner

spooner is done.

people refuse to take anti-psychotics because of unpleasant side-effects and long-term problems. its not as if they do anything for negative symptoms, anyway.

there is no easy answer to schizophrenia.

11. zeppelin kid

zeppelin kid Member

But there really is an easy answer to schizophrenia. And the answer is for a person who has the disorder to describe one day in their lives when they are off meds and tell us how their mind works or how their thinking patterns are. What are their thoughts and emotions during a normal day.

12. SunshineChild

I don't take antipsychotics, I never trusted the doctor. Or really never trusted anyone who tried to help me. Heck, everytime I am at the doctors and get a shot I start having panic attacks, thinking they are trying to "poison" me or something. I've woken up very lightheaded, thinking aliens or someone is just borrowing my brain and if I go back to bed, they'll give it back. If I ever got in trouble in middle school they'd send me to ISS for the rest of the day, sitting away from everyone in fear I would "hurt" someone. Meds didn't help, when I briefly did take them it made me wanna kill myself or someone around me. Since I couldn't really kill myself or someone else I made up imaginary friends and killed them all. One time I woke up in the middle of the night with a strange feeling of numbness, and couldn't move at all, I was convinced there was a demon or something lurking around in me. When I could finally start moving again, I thought I could pick up a knife, stab open my stomach, and pull him out from my insides. I couldn't trick him without him knowing what I was gonna do and he wouldn't let me pick up the knife. So I just went back to bed hoping he'd leave sometime during the night.

13. zeppelin kid

zeppelin kid Member

Interesting.

14. falsereality

falsereality Member

im pretty sure the night u described was just sleep paralysis. if u dont know what that is, ur body (normally) puts its self in a paralysised state when sleeping, and sometimes people regain consiousness before the return from the paralysised state, typically people think they are being abducted

i am curious about beginning stages of schizophrenia, ive been hearing vioces for about a year, only a handful of times tho. most oftenly before i go to sleep. at first it was distant conversing sounds,then actual comments - one that i found interesting "Your fat!" because im not at all selfconsious, i also recal visual distortions throughout my entire life - like sudden distortions of depth perception, [real]objects appear 2D tho in a 3d plane. and i dont feel at all threatened by these things, if anything i feel lucky to experience these.
    it seems like i have control of seeing distortions that are like wut u c the day after tripping, by concentrating on certain patterns

15. guy

guy Senior Member

take some berrocca dissolvable vitamin C and multivitamin B not more than recommended
    don't smoke pot or take lsd they are well known to trigger your problem
    stay away from caffeine or any stimulants
    no fizzy drinks or any food with food colouring in
    couple of teaspoons of cod liver oil a day
    and some chelated minerals with manganese and zinc

16. falsereality

falsereality Member

good advice... but im not yet sure if of all problems, schizophrenia is the answer... also these possibly unnatural feelings(?) do not trigger any negative emotions, only interest
    btw im pretty sure that people can experience hallucinations w/o useing drugs or havng a "problem" but actually a gift, such as S. Dali