For people who need a sense of humor to interprete the bible

Discussion in 'Christianity' started by Kharakov, Aug 30, 2005.

1. Kharakov

Kharakov ShadowSpawn

"A Churchman has accused one of his flock of lacking a sense of humour after she took offence at a leaflet saying sandals were banned at his church. Sandra Ounsworth, of Romney Avenue, Lockleaze, has vowed never to go back to St James' Church, also in Romney Avenue, after being upset by the leaflet mailed to houses in the area.

On part of the flyer for the free church it says "the management reserves the right to refuse entry. No sandals. No beards. No tank tops. No dodgy perms."

Mrs Ounsworth said that, even if the line was intended as a bit of fun, she did not find it funny."

from: http://www.thisisbristol.co.uk/displayNode.jsp?nodeId=145176&command=displayContent&sourceNode=144906&contentPK=13088493

2. MollyBloom

MollyBloom Member

I just think the use of the word dodgy as an adjective is funny...and the word wicked.

I also find it peculiar that both Southerners and friends I met in Scotland say "I reckon..." all the time. hmmmm

3. mynameiskc

mynameiskc way to go noogs!

there's a heavy irish population in NM, a lot of the same words are used.

4. ryupower

ryupower NO capcom included

Your pal, Kharakov? ;)

If not, I say you should invite him for a beer or something...:p

5. Kharakov

Kharakov ShadowSpawn

I already like the guy because of his sense of humor. OMFG! A priest who jokes with his flock... that'll be the day.

Hey, don't sin....