For my wife

Discussion in 'Parenting' started by HippyLandscaper, Feb 1, 2009.

1. HippyLandscaper

HippyLandscaper learning a new way

I was cleaning the house this morning, when I found a photo album from a couple of years back, when Skye was just a tiny little thing. I was looking through the pictures. Smiling and giggling to myself on all of the cute things he had done, the happiness while getting photgraphed with the Tibetan monks, his first little halloween costume. I came across a note that I wrote for my wife when I gave her the photo album for her birthday/Valentines day (same day). It is a good reminder of how we feel about each other. I thought I'd go ahead and share.

I went to the malls, and a bunch of other stores. I walked around the old market for hours, searching for the best gift I could possibly give you. Everytime I would get somewhere, I would take our son out of his seat, put him in the carrier, and tell him we gotta find a gift for Mama. He'd smile and coo, and do his little booty dance. Toward the end of the shopping experience, frustrated that I couldn't find the perfect gift, I stopped at one last place. I put Skye into the carrier, he was tired now from a long day. He smiled at me and layed his head down against my chest and snuggled in. At that moment I realized that our son, and my love was the best gift I could ever give you. This gift is just a little reminder of the love we share, and of what our love has created. Happy Birthday, and happy Valetines day.

It is funny that sometimes when I feel down or stressed out or just plain upset. I find little things like this. I am so very blessed for what I have, and though times are tough, the love will make us prosper. The love continues to grow as we wait for the arrival of our third little joy. Thank you for letting me share.

2. Dragonfly

Dragonfly Senior Member

that's beautiful, and isn't it great how when u take the time out to look at the little things the big things just melt away even for just a moment of pure happiness and joy.

3. mamaKCita

mamaKCita fucking stupid.

awwww. that's wonderful.

4. hippychickmommy

hippychickmommy Sugar and Spice

That's absolutely beautiful. Thanks for sharing that.

5. Wild Mountain Dave

Wild Mountain Dave Rainbow

6. Wild Mountain Dave

Wild Mountain Dave Rainbow

I need to remain strong and stick to my usual card that says "sooo... happy valentines, then" and a Hershey bar. I cannot succomb to the evil ways of romance. Must... fight...

7. mamaKCita

mamaKCita fucking stupid.

hahahaha.