For anyone sad over a relationship. . .

Discussion in 'Relationships' started by turtlefriend, Jan 26, 2005.

1. turtlefriend

turtlefriend Member

My boyfriend just broke up with me yesterday, and I thought it would be great if everyone who are having relationship angst could share stories and help each other out, give advice, whatever. I think it helps.

Anyway, Ted broke up with me over a few things, none of which I'm resentful toward him for. He really wants to be an actor on the stage, and he's busy with that. Plus we've been good friends for about a year before, so to him, the relationship felt more like an extention of our friendship than an actual relationship.

I'm not mad at him for feeling this way, because I've broken up with people, and. . .it happens. There's not much anyone can do about it.

I still feel sad that it's over, but I just keep remembering that, like falling in love with him, the sadness I feel over losing him is only for now. One day, things will be better. It will just take time.

2. ZePpeLinA

ZePpeLinA Jump around!

I'm sorry you're not with your guy anymore, but i'm glad that you're taking it in a mature way, but it hurts a bit doesnt it? but as you said, it only takes time. I've been through several break ups and fucked up relationships, but even thoughI felt in so much pain at a particular moment, right now I feel somehow grateful of having had those experiences as I am able to understand more about others as well as about myself, and what i want out of life and relationships in general...I just think everything happens for a reason.
    anyway, hope you are ok...take care ;)

3. Elle

Elle Senior Member

I think you have a great outlook, turtlefriend.

4. Sunny Afternoon

Sunny Afternoon Member

I broke up with my boyfriend about 2 months ago. And I'm having relationship angst.

Y'see he broke up with me twice and both times we got back together. And it didn't feel the same, he didn't seem as involved.. it was weird.. I kept waiting for him to end it again, and finally I gave up. And here's why.
    He didn't trust me, and on the day I broke up with him he read my diary. I felt violated, he'd read my personal thoughts and used them against me.. he started an arguement about it. I just lost trust and felt betrayed. So I ended it. Not because I didn't care, not because I didn't love him anymore.. but because trust is a main factor in a relationship and there was no trust left between us.

So anyways, 3 weeks later he started going out with someone new and then a meer 3 weeks after he started going out with her he took her somewhere he knew I would be..
    And everyone expects me to be over him just because I ended it, and they think I'm wrong for feeling uncomfortable around his new girlfriend. But no one ever stops to consider WHY I ended it.

:'(

5. turtlefriend

turtlefriend Member

You should be uncomfortable for a while! I mean. . .It's weird, yanno? I mean, even if you broke up with him. . .I guess it's hard to explain.

Maybe he's making a big show about having a girlfriend to let the world know he's over it, weather he really is or not.

It was good that you let him go when you realized the trust was long gone. Some people aren't as wise - no trust, no serious relationship. That's just how it is.

:) Good luck! <3 <3

6. Carlfloydfan

Carlfloydfan Travel lover

yeah, I have a long story but I can't type it out again or it may hurt. Its on these forums and I think its at the bottom of page one, or maybe the top of page two. Anywho, it is a long story and I can't type it or go and paste it and read part of it in the process. So def go and read it, it is long.