Flying into A'dam

Discussion in 'Amsterdam' started by Ganja Goo Ninja, Jan 20, 2005.

1. Ganja Goo Ninja

Ganja Goo Ninja Member

Hey all! Well, like everyone else, I decided to take advantage of the relatively cheap plane tickets and am going to Amsterdam from the 14th of February to the 24th.

I've been to Amsterdam twice before, but both times I had been else where in Europe while backpacking and just taken a train there. This time it's a little different as I'll be flying into Amsterdam and spending all glorious ten of those days within the city.

I was wondering.. since I have no idea where the airport is in relation to the city - do you think it would be better to take a taxi from the airport to our destination (the Bulldog Hotel)? Or would it be better to try and catch a train to central station and than start from there?

Thanks so much!
    Ganja_Ninja

2. NEMISIS

NEMISIS GONE

The easiest way is to get the train.
    The train platform is under the same roof as Schipol airport.
    It costs a few Euros and takes about 15 to 20 mins to get
    to central station and they leave every 20 mins or so.
    If there are loads of you and have lots of luggage
    then get a taxi, probably about 25 to 35 Euros, all in.
    Train is the best way, IMO.

3. Griffster

Griffster Member

Its proberly closer to 50 euros for the taxi Nem.

4. dmgreen

dmgreen ~Hugz 4 All~

The train is by far the best way to go. You just by a ticket (3.50 euro i believe) and then hop on the train....you'll be there in 15 min's! And the Bulldog is not hard to find! Have fun man! I spend 9 days there over new years and still wonder why I ever came back to the states!!!!

5. Ganja Goo Ninja

Ganja Goo Ninja Member

Thank you guys all so much for your help. I did some research and you guys are totally right! We'll be taking the train :) It's only going to be two of us, so it's not like we'll have loads of luggage or anything. We're looking to save all the cash we can when it comes to expenses like these, so you've all been a HUGE help.

Many thanks and much peace,
    Ganja_Ninja