Flowers in Hair

Discussion in 'Fashion and Crafts' started by uozumi, May 23, 2004.

1. uozumi

uozumi Member

Hi.... I try putting real flowers in my hair but by noon they all die. Is there some way to slow it down....i always feel i should use fake flowers but they're not as pretty and don't smell as nice. They just don't make me feel as good as live flowers. I don't really like killing the flowers though. They look really nice in my garden. Is there anything out there anyone else knows or does about it? Any fun flowery hairstyles besides "daisy chains"?

2. NatureFreak412

NatureFreak412 Art of Balance

Ur not killing flowers, the flowers are part of the plant, and by picking them ur probably helping the plant out a little bit, and you wont be able to keep them in there for long, just a short amount of time, i wouldnt wear fake, id stick to all natural, ha i use to stand out by this azelia(ap?) and pick flowers and hand them to my lady friends and they would put them in their hair and i got called to the office because some ass hole said i was jumping on the plant when i would never do that, i didnt get in trouble the principal knows me and i think he knows i am a nature freak, ha

3. xdancingbarefootx

xdancingbarefootx Member

i wuv flowers

ya know what...

i got a secret shh dont tell

if ya get some of that crap from hobby lobby.. that stretchy clear string (fishing string or whatever)

and ya get a needle...

and ya put the string thru the needle..

teehee..

then ya get a flower head..... and stick the needle thru it.. and then get lots more and string them all on it..

they look so cool when they dry...

tee hee dont tell:p

4. sunskysea

sunskysea Member

Could you try and press the flower? I'm not sure as I've never tried but I know what you mean about them dying! I used to sew flowers to my hair band but then they always died.

I'm not sure if pressing would work but you could give it a go!! :)

Hope this helps

Charlotte
    x

5. xdancingbarefootx

xdancingbarefootx Member

hmmmmm... shit... you just made me remember i pressed some clovers a while ago... i completely forgot!

but yeah that is a good idea... i like the way they look when they dry.. they curl up and stuff... i did this to lilacs when they were in bloom... smelled yummy

and wildflowers are great for this.. those ones um... the big fat purple ones... those are cool ima try those

6. snelio37

snelio37 Member

if you braid a crown around your head its realllly easy to tuck things in. even silk flowers look nice in a crown like that. not to mention taller flowers and feathers sticking straight up.

pssst dried flowers (specially smelly good ones) are pretty when you tie them to your ponytail and let them hang down. you smell good alllll day.

7. gdhmomchild

gdhmomchild Duct tape abuser

Use hardier flowers like mums or carnations. They all are going to wilt though.