Flowering newbie

Discussion in 'Cannabis Pests and Problems' started by Ancient One, Oct 1, 2011.

1. Ancient One

Ancient One Member

My mmj grow is entering day 55, a mix of indicas, sativas, and hybrids. In, say, the last 5 days my Willie Nelson sativa has undergone rapid change, clearly deteriorating well before its 70 day flowering time ends, almost all the hairs have turned brown, starting with the top and moving down the bud leaves are turning yellow, with a sickly vaselined look, curling down and around. Some of these yellow leaves are turning brown. Two top colas collapsed, not breaking free, but the stalks have folded over so that colas no longer stay upright, one last night, and one a few days ago. Clearly the plant is finishing, but in scoping trichomes, i cannot seem to see amber trichomes really, and even milky seems ambiguous. Trichomes not thick and furry like on several other plants, so not easy for my beginner eyes to interpret. The plant looks finished; I want to take it down to prevent it going to seed and taking out the other plants with any hermaphroditic shenanigans, but I dont want to take it too early so as to have an ineffective plant. This plant is out of sequence, I have 45-50 day, and 45-55 day plants which look nothing like this plant. Does my description of the plant give any experienced growers enough of a heads up to determine its status, without my having the experience or eyes to read the trichomes? Thank you!!!

2. Ancient One

Ancient One Member

If im not able to read the trichomes, whats the maximum amount of time I can give this sativa? I can still find a few white hairs on the buds, and most of the yellow curling ugly slick looking bud leaves are towards the top...

3. RiversClearwater

RiversClearwater Member

If it's a pure or close to pure sativa you're looking at well over 70 day flowering time...upwards of 12-14 weeks (though not familiar with that strain, some sativas have been designed specifically for indoor with shorter flower times...cindy99 comes to mind). Sounds like your plant is tanking from a pest/disease...checked for spidey mites? Also keep in mind that advertised flowering times are usually a marketing ploy; I've found that adding a week or two to any advertised time frame is usually more realistic.