Florida nude beaches

Discussion in 'Bare It! Nudism and Naturism' started by Fisherman Jim, Feb 12, 2022.

1. Fisherman Jim

Fisherman Jim Members

Does any one on the forum visit any nude beaches in Florida [Halover, Apollo, Playalidia, Blind Creek, Passage Key?

2. Laker06

Laker06 Senior Member

I've been to PlayaLinda several times.

3. DanHarvey

DanHarvey Members

God Florida sounds awesome

4. Laker06

Laker06 Senior Member

Dated, yes, but most Public parks/ beach access are. Lot13 has pit style restrooms that never seem clean and a storm ripped up several beach access ramps, as well as the beach terribly. This happened last Fall, a week after I was there. The beach always was narrow and is even narrower now. Even with these issues its a fantastic place to be.

If you go be sure to stop in at the Manatee viewing station, Its a few miles drive but worth it, and I always meet people from the beach there.

Last edited: Feb 16, 2022
    NudistTed and RBecca like this.
  5. Ace65

Ace65 Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

I spent 5 days at Haulover last June. It was my first ever visit to a nude beach. It was fantastic. I hope to go back one day but it's not looking likely in the near future.

6. Fisherman Jim

Fisherman Jim Members

• The only problem seems to be weekend parking at number 13 the nude beach. Yes the restroom is like a huge Port a John. It's still a great place to go

7. Fisherman Jim

Fisherman Jim Members

Wife and I heading to Playalinda lot 13 tomorrow

8. travelguy61

travelguy61 Members

Playalinda, and Blind creek

9. Fisherman Jim

Fisherman Jim Members

Gulf side, Passage Key, but can only get there by boat

10. Piobaire

Piobaire Village Idiot

Used to go out to Anclote Key; back in the day, on a weekday you had the whole island to yourself. Beautiful and undeveloped, and only accessable by boat. If you saw anyone, they were usually naked, too.
    Three Rooker Bar to the south was also only accessible only by boat. Often deserted on weekdays, it was too popular on the weekends with textile folk.
    Honeymoon Island was undeveloped north of the last parking lot; if you got there when the gate opened on a weekday, you had 4 miles of beach to yourself. The beach was OK, but often rocky, especially towards the south; leftovers from an ill-advised and poorly executed attempt at erosion control. The northern tip had a rep for Gay cruising; more mythology than fact in my experience.
    The key just north of Fort DeSoto, accessable only by boat, was colloquially called "Beer Can Island", and was used by a lot of St. Pete folk as a nude beach.
    Back in the day, the Pinellas County coast was a great place to have a 17' centerboard trailer-sailer with a 6" draft. Last I was sailing there twelve or more years ago, it seemed that you could often as not walk the length of Saint Joseph's Sound on the fiberglass without getting your feet wet.
    Those were the days. Red Tide wasn't even much of a thing back then.

nicetan and RBecca like this.
  11. Piobaire

Piobaire Village Idiot

Sorry; spent most of my time in Pinellas county.

12. DonJ

DonJ Senior Member

We have frequented Playalinda and Apollo Beach many times.

nicetan likes this.
  13. The Shark

The Shark Members

I've been to Apollo Beach a couple of times. Actually the first time was when I introduced my wife (then GF) to nude beaches. She had never been before and wasn't sure what to expect. Well, after one nice day, including a few naked strolls along the shore, she was hooked. Neither one of us wanted to put out clothes back on and all these years later we are still nudists. Due to having kids, we don't get to go to nude beaches or resorts as much as we like, but still manage a visit every now and then.

Haulover is on my bucket list of places yet to visit. I told my wife that I want us to go to Miami for a weekend, so we could spend a day at Haulover, and another day at South Beach, both of us in thongs.

Very Fast Car and Todd56 like this.
  14. Daretobare

Daretobare Member

I spent two years in the area of playalinda. I became a daily visitor. Probably did a dozen trips up to Apollo and one to Haulover during that time. Now that we live more inland and next to a nude resort we only do an occasional visit to playalinda when asked by friends to come along.

15. DonJ

DonJ Senior Member

We have been to Playalinda and Apollo Beach many times. We have found that arriving very early in the morning, we can usually find a parking spot. Later in the day it becomes quite crowded, and parking is a major problem.

16. Armondo

Armondo Members

We are frequent visitors to Blind Creek Beach and Passage Key. I have been to Apollo Beach in the past. They are all wonderful but there isn't enough parking at Apollo

17. Granite69

Granite69 Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Bay Bares Park on the eastern part of the panhandle is pretty 10/10. Not so massive as some of Florida’s nudist areas but a super great vibe. Spent some time camping there this summer.

Last edited: Jan 28, 2023
  18. Fisherman Jim

Fisherman Jim Members

Hi, we have moved to Port Charlotte, we would love to entertain non swinging couples. We have a beautiful private backyard with a 6 person hot tub. We also boat naked if you are interested pls, reply Age does not matter

19. DrewS_aka

DrewS_aka Newbie

Have been to most all on the Atlantic , Apollo , playalinda , blind creek and haulover. Personal fav is Apollo on the canaveral seashore . Parking is limited so keeps the crowds down. It is vast and easy to spread out. Patrolled by rangers on atv’s and can hear them coming a long way off. Same at playalinda , but seems a little more crowded. Haulover way to busy for our liking, and blind creek is just to regulates with the ambassadors .

20. Intrepid37

Intrepid37 Banned

Do the police ever lay charges at any of these beaches?