Flight of the Navigator

Discussion in 'Movies' started by Flutterby, Aug 19, 2004.

1. Flutterby

Flutterby Member

This was one of my favorite movies growing up, I had a big crush on Fred Savage...before the Wonder Years, or did this come out after?

2. Epiphany

Epiphany Copacetic

I LOVED this movie!

3. OUTCAST

OUTCAST Member

I dont' believe Fred Savage was in Flight Of the Navigator. thats if you talking about the movie with the boy who traveled eight years into the future without aging.
    That movie came out in 1986 and starred Joey Cramer as David Freeman. A good movie all around.

Dude111 likes this.
  4. Flutterby

Flutterby Member

oh my gosh! you're so right!!! That kid looked a lot like Fred savage, geez i feel like a putz now!

5. MattInVegas

MattInVegas John Denver Mega-Fan

Please, Refresh my memory.Was THIS the one Disney made? About the little kid flying the UFO?
    I liked it when I saw it...

6. Bassplayerjojo

Bassplayerjojo Member

Wow I totally forgot about that movie! Woohoo, yeah he went flying around in the silver saucer. Great flick.

7. Guitar_god_

Guitar_god_ Member

Oh, I lOOOOVE Flight of the navigator. When I was like 8 or something it was my favorite movie of allll time. Sooooo good, I have to rent it or download it now..

8. OUTCAST

OUTCAST Member

I hada dream a year ago that was similar to the plot of "Flight of the Navigator"
    I had a dream that I was seventeen again and playing hide and seek with my now husband and a few friends. Like the boy in the movie, my husband ended up fallinga few feet and thought I woke up a few minutes later However it was ten years later. It was weird. He didn't age or nothing. I hadn't seen the movie in over five years at that point.

Yes Flight oF the Navigator is a Disney movie.

9. FrozenMoonbeam

FrozenMoonbeam nerd

lol, I think I saw that movie but didn't get it at first - was that the one where he falls down a hill and then when he comes to, everyone else has grown up? I was really sort of upset by that, that all your family could move one without you. It freaked me out as a kid. :)

10. sweet_mama

sweet_mama Member

I was so excited when I saw this thread!!! I used to watch that movie all the time! As a matter of fact, my mom taped it off the TV for me when I was little and I still have that tape!!! You can all come over and watch with me if you want. The tape is kinda warped now, but I'll make popcorn....:)

11. yovo

yovo Member

haha, I might have to take you up on that offer

ya, definatlely one of favs as a kid growing up, I watched it so many times that I think the tape (if I could even find it now) is unwatchable now.

What about the princess bride and never ending story? any big fans here?

12. FrozenMoonbeam

FrozenMoonbeam nerd

oh yeah - go look in the princess bride thread - quite the fan club.

Also, no discussion of childhood favoruites is complete without tribute to the Goonies. :)

13. yovo

yovo Member

that goes without saying of course

14. Jennifer19

Jennifer19 Senior Member

I love that movie.. I have not seen that movie in a long long time.

[​IMG]

15. Flutterby

Flutterby Member

Thanks for the pics, what a walk down memory lane, i'm getting all misty eyed for the nostalgia... awwww!

16. Style

Style Member

I used to rent this movie all the time as a kid, it was cool, and that part when his family doesnt recognize him also freaked me out as a kid. I think I was 4 when I saw that one.

17. sweet_mama

sweet_mama Member

Do you remember that little tiny alien that he got to keep at the end of the movie? I used to want one of those so badly!!! It broke my heart that I couldn't have one! Do you guys know the thing that I'm talking about?

18. matthew

matthew Almost sexy

even though the lickle lad needs a slap .... i do like the film. my brother goes weak at the knees when i even mention this film. its alright ,but pee wee hermans 'navigator' gets a bit erm shit.

19. Guitar_god_

Guitar_god_ Member

Ohh boy, all these memories coming back. Hahaha, Princess Bride is amazing, Never ending story 1 AND 2, and has ANYONE here seen Wizard of Oz 2???

Very good movie, in the same fantasy vein as Neverending story.

20. matthew

matthew Almost sexy

never ending story *sigh* i might just go misty eyed....