Fleeing our Orwellian State...

Discussion in 'Amsterdam' started by ShuggaMagnolia, Mar 26, 2006.

1. ShuggaMagnolia

ShuggaMagnolia Member

We are considering moving to Holland, we have never been there but feel it is the best place for us to leave to. We would just like to know some things about the country before we embark on our journey. What is the hippy scene like over there? What is the crime like? How easy is it for an expat to obtain citizenship? Do you feel a vibe of impending doom from your government? What about tolerance of different or alternative types of people? Does Christian extremism have a strangle hold on main stream society or government? How's your mom?
    And the kids? How hard is it for an english speaker to obtain a job and housing?
    Any anti-americanism that would make it extremly difficult for my wife,and I?
    And finally, how difficult would it be for me to bring my ferret and rabbit?
    Thanks a lot,and I hope to see your country soon,
    Dale and Taylor.

2. furball666

furball666 Member

I understand it's not very easy to move in or get a working visa permit if youre american. wich i presume you are. if youre part of the eu doesnt matter what country (just not the new one's) you dont need a working visa and you can stay in the country as long as youd like

3. jasonspaceman

jasonspaceman Member

hilarious. thanks, i needed a laugh.

4. mopperm1

mopperm1 Member

oh please flee from the midwest with your rabbit and ferret.....oh how I miss being young and dumb like you.

5. ShuggaMagnolia

ShuggaMagnolia Member

I'm very educated, obviously more so than you for you to make the mistake in assuming that I am dumb, you pension drawing old fool. You have made it perfectly clear that my country isn't the only country full of jackasses...If you don't have something useful to contribute then don't post on this thread, thanks.

6. koopa

koopa De Kuil Krue Hipster

I'm by no way claiming you are ignorant, but on the flipside just how educated can one be at 19? Your obviously not smart enough to respect elders Shugga (and I don't mean that in a "pension drawing" way Mopperm. Anybody who has met you knows your young AND the life of the party my man!)

7. ShuggaMagnolia

ShuggaMagnolia Member

Well, in my years of education I have never failed any portion of any class, which is a mighty task here in the States, not to mention my honors science classes, and my certifications in metalurgy, welding, hazmat safety, pressure vessel safety, welding and high voltage machinery repair, and a reasonable grip on the german language. I also know an extensive amount of US law, being a repeat offender of our drug laws I took the time to learn all the loopholes and defenses and what have you in my spare time, that information however wont serve me in the Netherlands, but it does go to show that I am not dumb.

8. koopa

did apex tech remember to give you your toolbox? Your supposed to get it after you graduate ya know....LOL

seriously though its great that you have trade knowledge.

9. mopperm1

mopperm1 Member

young and really really dumb

10. guest1234

guest1234 Visitor

Your wife?? Err.. youre 19

11. furball666

furball666 Member

so age doesnt realy matter i have a friend (female) who married at 17 and now she's 18 turning 19 and they have a child. her husband is 21 i think

it's pretty hard to get a job in amsterdam without speaking dutch.
    and as i said before you need a working permit if your not eu-citizen.

12. guest1234

guest1234 Visitor

I just dont see it happen a lot you know

13. ShuggaMagnolia

ShuggaMagnolia Member

Hey furball, thanks for your creative and positive input,also thanks for being the only one to stick to the topic thus far. You have been the only one smart enough to follow the very simple rules on hipforums, mainly the sticking to the topic thing.(See where it says "travel and make friends" and not, "Run your dick sucking mouth, old man"?) I guess being an old lazy piece of trash gets you confused and bewildered. You can be married at 19, weve been together for four years. And one more thing, I asked for information on moving to Holland,(apparently the land of the retards), not your opinion on my life or intelligence. I guess europeans wouldn't understand the american peace movement (hippies, not silly old european men, and not cocky trendy little fucks like the rest of you.) as you have not displayed any characteristics thats are common to
    the real hippie folk. I advise you to do your research about our uniquely american sub-
    culture before you yourself claim to be a part of it. You are giving real hippies a bad name.I suppose the reason you're such assholes is because of drug tourism, but I don't want to live there to smoke weed, because drug enforcement here is a joke, and it might as well be legal, I wanted to move to Holland because the word is that it is the most progressive country in the free world, you've made it abundantly clear that it is not. Just a country full of stuffy, snobby,foggy headed fools. So you can take your pseudo hippie,dutch coffee shop culture, and shove it directly, and firmly, up your ass.
    Thanks but no thanks,
    Dale

14. mopperm1

mopperm1 Member

Go back in your trailor. Your nothing but a young dumb ass want-to-be hippy dreamer. Have you even graduated from high school yet? Doesn't sound like it. Probably don't even have that degree of education. Try traveling out of your state before making the big leap out of the country fool. Go move in with furball who sounds about as bright as you.

15. furball666

furball666 Member

ShuggaMagnolia you should visit the country before making up your mind.
    and you shouldnt base your opinion some thread on a forum. just go there see whats it like (outside the tourist areas)

16. natural23

natural23 Senior Member

17. guest1234

guest1234 Visitor

That was one of the most stupid posts ive ever seen for so many reasons that i wont even bother listing them.

18. koopa

I'm so glad you wrote that myrtje, now I only have to type ditto!

P.S. the pseudo hippies were your parents generation shugga, and the real hippies turned to yuppies so YIPPY for Hippies!!!!

P.P.S. I realize people were rude with you Shugga and could of been more helpful without giving you attitude, but hopefully YOU will also realize that you are being naive, presenting people with a pipe dream they hear all the time, and then being quick to insult the people you turned to for help IN THERE BACKYARD when they were less than cooperative initially. Thicker skin and persistance will do you alot of good in this world. Don't forget that!

19. JO420

JO420 Member

1. no dutch=no job

2. Do reasearch on Holland, there is tolerence true but there is also intolerence

3. Anti-Americanisim ?? not a whole lot,most Dutch people ive met are rather nice.

4. pets hard to bring

5.Kids typically learn other langauges easier.

6. Finally getting citizenship is damn hard unless you have a Dutch sponsorship from a Dutch company.

20. ShuggaMagnolia

ShuggaMagnolia Member

For one, I don't live in a trailer, we own 2 houses that we live in during the off season, and travel in our rv during the summer,I have graduated from high school and technical school, competed in vocational competition, Im the best welder in Indy according to my aptitude scores, and I believe I have traveled more in my short life than you have in all of yours old man. Enjoy the rest of your retirement father time.
    myrtje, you wont list it because you don't know of anything, and you are just some little euro trash nonsense, worse than anything we have here. Koopa-My parents were the original hip generation, are you stupid? The 60s didn't happen in the 20s, which is what you are claiming if you think my parents were psuedo hippies. Also you are confused, hippies didnt turn to yuppies as a yuppie is a urban professional and not whatever you think it is, you are thinking of yippies, and and hippies didn't turn into anything, the yippie movement was the counter part of the hippie peace movement durring the 60s but the yips were violent protestors, ever heard of the "weather underground" or "Students for a democratic society"? And to address the "pipe dream" theory,we have the ways and means to travel, buy a place to live, and not want for anything while we live in Holland. I only wanted to know what it was like from a resident, but you all have made it abundantly clear that you are rude and mindless.
    Anyways, I'm tired of arguing with simple minded, hard headed, egotistical fools.
    And its silly for you all to act like you know whats up with the hippie scene when its an american thing, you dont hear about the great psychadelic bands of Holland do you? We got the festies, we got the bands, we got the venues, and all you got is OUR fashion, our tie dye is pretty neat huh? pretty colors huh? The real movement fosters a global community,which is something that you Dutch folks seem to be fighting tooth and nail. It is absolutly preposterous that you people would treat the folk with such indecency,and unkindness, we asked for help and you had the audacity to attack us.
    What comes around goes around and you will all reap what you have sown. None of you that have attacked us have anything to do with the peace movement and you should all be ashamed at your actions. I'm done with you, enjoy your self delusions and poor actions, may you recieve the same treatment you have shown us. Maybe one day you will all grow up and understand the reasons why people lead this lifestyle, as everything that all you pessimists have said proves that you are truly clueless. Here is something to get you started down the right path.
    Hopi Indian philosophy - the driving force behind the rainbow family
    Albert Hoffman and Tim Leary's works - the catalyst behind the psychadelic culture
    Weather men and the weather underground - our sentiment towards babylon
    Alex Grey - a man whose art inspires us all
    Alan Ginsberg - a great poet of the 60s
    Ken Kesey - The Kese, the man who started it all
    Electric Kool-aid acid tests - a book that will get you started
    anything by the late "Grate" Hunter S Thompson - a little gonzo journalism will help you understand
    The Dead - thats pretty much a given
    and go to an American festie - you will understand what the movement is all about
    Well, Peace and Love, and Im sorry that you people want to be mean to someone in need, but thats ok, Ill stay on this side of the water if thats how you want to treat people. bye