Flaming Lips

Discussion in 'Stoners Lounge' started by gratefulvegan, May 23, 2007.

1. gratefulvegan

gratefulvegan Member

I do realize that this is technically music, but it is best to be done high. Honestly, I would really recommend going out to get The Soft Bulletin by the Flaming Lips, I truly think that cd was made for people that happen to be stoned, with each song taking you to a different place and each and every note playing with your mind. I am a huge Grateful Dead fan and I have to say this is a much more interactive experience than listening to them high...it's almost as if thoughts are being planted in your mind by the lyrics, harvested by you and your creativity and then further embelished by the music...the combination just plays games with you all together.

It's about an hour + long experience and it was simply one of the best times I've ever had (mainly due to the music.) Back on the Grateful Dead note: Terrapin station is insanely interactive as well...and I also have found Blues for Allah to be extremely uplifting if listened to at the right time. But I would really consider trying this out if you have the cash to spare...it really is something else...

2. bbbeccaaa

bbbeccaaa 12345678910

There was a thread exactly like this a few weeks ago ;) But anyway, the Flaming Lips are great. The first album I heard by them was Yoshimi and whew, it blew me the fuck away. Soft Bulletin is just as great, I just have a soft spot for Yoshimi for some reason :) I wanted to see them at Bonnaroo so bad, but I can't go...hopefully they'll be there next year or go on tour soon. I'd love to see them live.

3. Donkey

Donkey Member

i have not heard much of their stuff, but i shall youtube them now and give them a listen

4. Donkey

Donkey Member

meh, i didnt like the songs i just listend to, Phoebe Battles The Pink Robots , and Waitin For a Superman, but that just my opinion

5. swazo

swazo i am amazing.

flamings lips are fuckin amazing!

6. gratefulvegan

gratefulvegan Member

It's just one hell of an experience when you are blazed...interactive as hell. I really do love Yoshimi too but have yet to listen to it high...have to try that soon. What a greatttt band!

7. kar33m

kar33m Member

yeah I checked them out after reading about them here. They really rock. my personal favourite is yoshimi Vs Pink robot, really good song to listen to when stoned.

8. gratefulvegan

gratefulvegan Member

Yeah man...and if u listen to the whole cd thru, it is like an all around journey...it's just a perfect atmosphere created for you.

9. nirmalamaya

nirmalamaya Member

I just downloaded some...definitely not my style and not something i really liked..
    the only song i ever liked by the flaming lips was "tangerine" (i think) that came out way back when in the 90s.
    My favourite thing to listen to stoned is anything with a sitar in it, preferably anoushka shankars new album "rise."