Fitness

Discussion in 'Stoners Lounge' started by BlazingBizzle, Mar 15, 2008.

1. BlazingBizzle

BlazingBizzle Member

Hey. This is my first post and everything so yea.

I play football quite alot but have found the love for weed. Lol i want to know, how badly does weed effect your fitness. Because even the i love weed i dont want it to ruin me playing football and make me really unfit. my mate smokes Cigs and weed al the time but is always running?

Thanks

2. Tommy1The1Cat

Tommy1The1Cat Senior Member

Cigs and weed would not be good but just weed wouldnt be bad at all. I have a bunch of friends who smoke everyday and play lacrosse everyday and they are some of the best people on their team

3. mr.greenxxx

mr.greenxxx Not an Average Bear

well if you mean which is healthier?then first guess would be weed over ciggs, but its not a legit case.

most people smoke around a pack of ciggs a day, most stoners smoke a few spliffs a day. san you see 2 and 20? im pretty sure 20 spliffs a day might give you cancer and all other things.

both of these things are unhealthy, just like most foods and beverages and fun activities, but its not a so manner of avoiding, but balancing.

for eg. if your fit right now, then try smoking without changing anything major in your lifestyle, see the effect for yourself on your football. and almost everything goes back to normal anyway incase you quit (well unless you smoked for like 20+ years), similar ith ciggs, youll be deffo in better shape.

but thing is, once you get high, you might find a bunch of people chasing a worthless ball for hours rather pointless ;)

4. BlazingBizzle

BlazingBizzle Member

yea im quite fit now so id guess if i carry on smoking up the weed but playing football and exercising i shouldnt feel the effects?

5. mr.greenxxx

mr.greenxxx Not an Average Bear

depends, as i said balance, some people can handle more then others. i guess its not so much as in physical condition, as it is in just wanting to do it.

you know the saying weed makes you unmotivated and lazy? SOMETIMES its true

but if you smoke allready,and dont see a noticable difference, them maybe more wont do anything either. none can say 100%, it depends on you. billy bob could get high all day long and still run faster then a cheetah, while someone else smoking that much wouldnt do near as good

6. Mother's Love

Mother's Love Generalist

get a vaporizer, they're easier on the lungs, but expensive. if you work out, munch on healthy snacks, and drink water instead of soda, it will help.

but if you find your performance slipping, then weigh your priorities.

7. guest432

guest432 Visitor

just don't smoke it with tobacco and try not to do it everyday.

sometimes i work out while high, it helps me focus properly on areas that i want worked

8. aesther

aesther Member

I knew a kid who smoked before football practice.

I feel kinda nice when I'm high, football practice used to involve my being dogged around by men. I was basically a body that did what they wanted.
    and so when I was high I saw through that pretty quickly .

In fact, after smoking for a year I quit playing football!
    LOL, so watch out your priorities may change.
    But like the first sentence states I had a friend who toked before practice.

I also took Varsity wrestling and stuck with that.

Bud made me feel really peaceful, the smoking effect on my body wasn't overly noticeable as long as I continued to work hard in practice.

Football and weed don't mix just as love and violence don't mix. But if it makes you enjoy go for it! I have a difficult time being in the gross reality when I'm high I choose to enter in the more subtler aspects of the world.

9. Popularity

Popularity Senior Member

I see no changes when using weed.
    Now, if you get high daily and sit around eating junk and not exercising for your sport, id say it slows you down.
    Dont fret.

10. Jimmy P

Jimmy P bastion of awesomeness

I don't think you'll be very affected physically if you have one or two doobies a day and keep up your exercise. it might affect you in the sense that you'll skip training sometimes, and if you do weight training, you'll get lesser quality sleep when you smoke so your muscles won't restitute as well.

11. st. stephen

st. stephen Senior Member

weed and cigs both had really no effect on me and if u want to do cigs just dip i guess. i didnt really see a change in my physical stature untill i started using opiates, but i digress. i think ur probably over worring, if u smoke a couple bowls ur not going to the next day wake up a weezing coughing smoker.