fishing

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by cynthy160, May 19, 2013.

1. cynthy160

cynthy160 Senior Member

Does anyone here fish?

I don't think I've seen a thread about fishing here in a long time.

2. skitzo child

skitzo child PEACEFUL LIBRA

I used to in darby creek when I was young

3. FlowerMama

FlowerMama Member

I love to fish, though I do need help getting fish off my hook.
    I find it extremely relaxing and peaceful.

Anyone watch the show "River Monsters"??? I ate that series UP. My husband would laugh and say..."Not another fishing show jen...." :D

4. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

off and on. it's probably been over a year at this point.

5. deviate

deviate Senior Member

I go offshore occasionally. Not a fan of shore fishing though. I like going for shark and big fish off a boat, much more exciting.

6. Pressed_Rat

Pressed_Rat Do you even lift, bruh?

Even when I am at my parents' cottage I never fish. I just find it boring. I was never into fishing.

7. deviate

deviate Senior Member

Have you ever trolled in a boat and chummed the water? Shark fishing is super fun. But I agree, sitting on a pier or dock is super boring to me.

8. Mike Suicide

Mike Suicide Sweet and Tender Hooligan

My kind of fishing always involves a 12pack of beer and big sack of greens.

9. bird_migration

bird_migration ~

I enjoy river and lake fishing, but sea fishing bores me. One of the best fishing experience was when I spend a long time in the Amazon area and catching piranhas and catfish. It was a tasty supplement to the plain rice that we carried with us.
    Piranha fishing in itself is boring once you attracted a school of them, just throw in and pull out and you got one.

In Australia I used to fish in a not so big river and there was some kind of fish that I was unable to catch, even when I brought stronger and stronger fishing lines. Got it to jump up once and I could see it was some kind of huge eel. Never landed it though, kept breaking the line.

When I was in Borneo I went deep in the jungle with some people and spend some days on the shore of a massive river. The wildlife was amazing, but the fishing was just plain weird. I never caught any fish on that river, whatever I tried. And I knew there was plenty of fish around, because there was plenty of wildlife that lives on fish. Why I didn't catch any fish? Because every time some huge ass shrimp was on the hook. And by huge ass I mean huge ass, think 2x the size of a grown man's hand.

Been travelling all around the world and always carried some fishing line and hooks with me. Usually cut some bamboo to use as a fishing rod, or any wood sticks that were available. Yeah, I love fishing.

10. cynthy160

cynthy160 Senior Member

The Amazon sounds quite good.

Fishing from a kayak is interesting. The bigger fish pull your kayak around until they get pooped out. Then you reel them in.

11. Frieden

Frieden Senior Member

Nah, I dont fish. Of course, I'm a chick, so it comes as to no surprise. Before leaving Hawaii, I meant to go deep sea fishing, but it was kind of expensive unless you had a lot of others going out with you.

12. bird_migration

bird_migration ~

I never liked fishing from a kayak, especially with caymans, stingrays, agressive pink dolphins, anacondas etc. swimming about.

13. deviate

deviate Senior Member

Yeah going offshore is really expensive to charter. The only reason I go is because all I do is throw down for fuel and beer.

14. deleted

deleted Visitor

[​IMG]
    2mins from downtown pittsburgh.. yes I fish..

15. AmericanTerrorist

AmericanTerrorist Bliss

Fished when I was little. Prolly gonna take up fishing again when Cason is older.

I go crabbing on the bay every summer tho. That's fun (altho it was always a bit more fun w some bud and a 6 pack but yea...)

16. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

Still have my gear but I haven't fished in more than 20 years.

17. cynthy160

cynthy160 Senior Member

Something like kayaking would likely not be good for that. I was referring more to 2 to 3 foot trout and things like that. They will pull you around more gently.

18. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

Same here haha. I don't even take a rod or any equipment with me since I don't care for sport fishing at all. I'm getting more interested in how to prepare properly dead fish into a nice dinner. I like to chill by the water though and let my friend do the fishing. He's quite fanatic. It's always fun hanging near the water with a beer and some weed :2thumbsup:

19. LetLovinTakeHold

LetLovinTakeHold Cuz it will if you let it

That River turns into The Ohio, which Louisville is nestled against. The waterfront IS considered "down town." Yes, I fish

20. Sig

Sig Senior Member

Yep, I do. Typically on Lake Mille Lacs in Minnesota.