Fishing

Discussion in 'Stoners Lounge' started by Rugor, May 14, 2007.

1. Rugor

Rugor Senior Member

Who else loves to go to the mountains get in a boat drive it to the middle of a lake blaze a couple of bowls then start fishing? I live in california so I always go up to the sierras and it's really nice up there.

2. young_deadhead

young_deadhead I Love Lucy

fishing is fun but only up in canada where you dont sit around for 3 hours without a single bite.

3. Bud_Man

Bud_Man Member

I use to go fishing out in the gulf here and Tampa Bay area, but its overcrowded now and less fish, ah fond memorys of my childhood fishing, relaxing and more.

4. digitalldj

digitalldj Canucks ftw!

cant remeber ever fishing high, but i would love to

i've got a 600$ fly rod i've only used twice :(

5. hippieatheart

hippieatheart vagina boob

i looove fishing.
    me and my friends go down to the river all the time, blaze, drink beer, and fish all day
    at the end of the day we build a fire and smoke more.. its so chill and relaxingg

6. jo_k_er_man

jo_k_er_man TBD

I love fishing.. and i love fishing when i'm stoned...

"Fishing is a time for forgetting"

7. darkain

darkain Member

God, I hate comments like this. Up in Canada? You realise Canada is HUGE, and I've fished places where you can't keep your line in 5mins without a fish, and other places I've fished 4 hours before anything bit.

8. vactom

vactom Fire on the Mountain

QFT!

9. young_deadhead

god so sorry. Sunny bob lodge in ontario about 40 miles north hawk junction i believe. Are you happy now?

10. hippy i am

hippy i am poppy seed bagels

Haha, sarcasm. Lovin' it. I fished once when I was little and felt so guilty that I've never been able to do it since. I was like 8 in the middle of Mobile Bay. I do remember sitting on the pier at night and staring at all of the electric eels down below circling the pier's stilts (legs), supports. It was cool.

11. young_deadhead

well i only fish for fun i dont eat them, so all the fish i caught were released except for one cause my dad really wanted to try walleye. So that guy was cooked up.

12. hippy i am

Cooked up in a vat of grease?

13. young_deadhead

dunno i didnt cook them, but i did clean one and it was fucking nasty. I hit the fish on the head like 3 times and he was still moving around. The bastard was making it really hard for me to clean him.

14. hippy i am

That is really grody. I hate hurting things. It always ends up crushing me.

15. gaum

gaum Elephant Orgy

when i go fresh water fishing, its only for large mouth bass. but when im out in the ocean, we either go out to the gulf stream or flounder gigging in this one marina or sitting on a boat next to the jetty wall drinking and smoking, sometimes well go spearfishing at the jetty

16. digitalldj

digitalldj Canucks ftw!

nice.

17. digitalldj

digitalldj Canucks ftw!

a fish's memory span is like under a minute, i doubt it really has the comprehension to even know whats going on before it's in the frying pan

18. Willy_Wonka_27

Willy_Wonka_27 Surrender to the Flow

I'm not here to argue, just to correct....
    but that statement is completely untrue. there is no need to debate, its a fact that fish have both short term and long term memories.

19. jo_k_er_man

jo_k_er_man TBD

for those who don't know.. this is a quote from a BBC documentary called "The Last River Rat".. it was aired on the Discovery Channel awhile ago... its about a local guy that lives completely off the mississippi river.. its a great doc.. you should check it out sometime.. some of the shots of the wildlife they capture is absolutely amazing from start to finish.. plus to see how one lives completely off the river is amazing too.. but anywho.. when i heard that quote i was like too true!

he also has 2 books...
    The Last River Rat: Kenny Salwey's Life in the Wild
    Kenny Salwey's Tales of a River Rat: Adventures Along The Wild Mississippi

20. jo_k_er_man

jo_k_er_man TBD

oh yea.. you obviously havent fished minnesota before then.. some of the best fishing in the fuckin world! We have one of the best stretches of the mississippi.. yea nothing like having a 40lb catfish on your pole at 10o'clock at night.. or pulling out bass by the dozens.. or going up north and fishing some of the best muskie waters.. or catching some massive 'eyes out of the mississippi in the early spring... I'm lucky to live in south eastern minnesota where we have some of the best trout streams known to man.. and it only gets better year by year because minnesota puts a shit ton of money into DNR to keep our habitats in prestine conditions... canada has nothing on minnesota buddy