fish eaters

Discussion in 'Vegetarian' started by ginseng23, Apr 7, 2007.

1. ginseng23

ginseng23 Member

I am wondering what they call someone who gives up all meat except for fish?

Isn't there a word for that?

See i don't consider fish as other land animals.

Heck if u wanna look at it in a religious aspect the bible says its ok to eat fish.

Fish were made for people to eat them.

I couldnt give up fish because i like sushi too much.

Hamburger is ok to give up since it isnt healthy to eat anyways.

saying all animal products are unhealthy isn't accurate.

It is like saying all plant products are, which isn't true either.

As with alot of things there are exceptions.

Most plant products such as nuts are low in saturated fat but coconuts arn't

Also most animals are high in Saturated fats except for fish, and i guess white meats are ok too.

I dont agree that being a vegeterian is exactly healthy.

Vegan is alot healthier or being someone that eats fruits/vegetables and no red meat is just as healthy.

Eating no fish and tons of eggs and cheese isnt any healthier than not eating much dairy or redmeat and just eating white meat with alot of fruits and veggies.

I dont agree that all meat is bad. Hamburgers yes, but fish um no.

2. homeschoolmama

homeschoolmama Senior Member

Yep, it's called pescatarian.

love,
    mom

3. ginseng23

ginseng23 Member

so pescatarian means u only eat fish for meat?

4. Willy_Wonka_27

Willy_Wonka_27 Surrender to the Flow

yes. pescatarian means you only eat fish meat, and assorted vegetables.

5. 3littlebirds

3littlebirds Member

please explain why...I'm curious why you would think that.

I am a vegetarian and don't eat "tons of eggs and cheese" (were you saying that in reference to vegetarians?). I don't drink milk ever, and mostly avoid dairy products.

I also don't look to the Bible for what I should and shouldn't do.

6. Avocado Noni

Avocado Noni Member

The fat in coconuts is great in moderation. It's good for building pregesterone and certain other hormones, which would make sense since it resembles certain hormonal by products ;P ;P You can over-do them, but you can over-do anything.

Some people say you need to eat fish for omega-3's but really there's only 3 fish with omega-3's left that arent contaminated with mercury, PCB's, or other pollution.

The only one I know of is wild alaskan salmon, and they could very possibly be over-fished..so I really don't feel like fish is a great health food it could have been a long time ago...and a lot of it is actually very dangerous to consume.

You can easily get omega-3 and good fat and protein from hemp seed(complete protein+omega3), flax seed(complete protein+omega3), and even blue green algae... which is basically what the fish eat that make them so healthy and rich in the right omega 3 fats.

It's also a complete protein and great for proper brain function(as all omega 3 is) - one of my favorite vegan omega 3 products is found on my site here - http://174486.amazonherb.net/Group06_Aquazon.aspx