First trip - unusual?

Discussion in 'Magic Mushrooms' started by svrart, Jul 19, 2013.

1. svrart

svrart Member

Hi,

This happened about 10 years ago. I bought Cube spores over the net and grew the mushrooms. They started to sprout but were still tiny, about an inch in height with a small head. I was curious, so picked a couple of them and ate them.

Nothing happened. So after about half an hour I ate another 5 little ones. Again waited for something to happen. Nothing.

Then I went to the store to buy something and small, unusual things happened (i no longer remember what). The message was clear - get your ass back home.

I drove back home and closed all the windows.

Then suddenly I came to. I was in the toilet taking a dump, with absolutely no idea what had happened since I came back home. It was very scary. Perhaps I had killed someone. Perhaps I had done some other stupid thing. But I just could not remember anything.

Then I sat in the living room for a while. Many hours had passed. I looked at the watch, but found that only 5 minutes had passed. I checked again. Yes, only 5 minutes.

An old, religious Indian song started playing loudly in head. I thought I could understand what the writers and singers of the song meant. I thought I understood what mysticism was all about.

Then I started to feel very hot. I started removing my clothes, till I was in my underwear. Then I turned on the AC (cold). Then slowly I started getting hot. I turned off the AC and started wearing more clothes, till I was wearing everything I had. My heater was also turned on. I could hear my heart beat and I was very uncomfortable. I thought I was going to die.

Then I woke up the next morning and I went into work and looked at my coworkers, my thought was "You guys have no idea where I have been to and back".

It was a very scary trip. A few days later my house broken into and I decided to throw out all the mushrooms and growing stuff. Have not tripped since.

Is this a normal first time trip? I am very sure I was on a very low dose, but it scared the crap out of me.

2. *MAMA*

*MAMA* Perfectly Imperfect

Being able to hear your own heart beating while tripping is pretty scary. I think because it's a sudden reminder of our mortality. It's a shame this experience ruined tripping for you. It can be such a great life tool.

3. guerillabedlam

guerillabedlam _|=|-|=|_

Time distortion, connection to the mystic and body temperature fluctuations are 'normal' experiences elicited by magic mushrooms.

You seemed as if you were very ill prepared for the trip being that you were out driving around during the onset and chose a day to trip where you had work the following day. Psychedelics generally require time, energy and a certain amount of respect to be devoted to the trip, as they dissolve normal perceptual boundaries and work on current mental states.

4. *MAMA*

*MAMA* Perfectly Imperfect

This. :thumbup:

5. falconer

falconer Member

They sound impossibly potent. Sound. Ive eaten one fresh mid sized fully grown mushroom before, and had a great time, so i wont doubt you.

Ive known people that tried to grow them with a lack of lnowledge of molds and they had blackouts from time to time on low doses too. Perhaps contamination was a factor in part?

6. NoxiousGas

NoxiousGas Old Fart

Not at all.
    Mushrooms will reach a certain size at which they reach a max level of psilocin and psilocybin. After that they just gain size and bulk.

If you notice any of the traditional methods employed by native peoples and curanderos always dose based on number of shrooms, not necessarily weight.
    I have eaten 1.5 grams of "pinners" and gotten significantly stronger effects than twice as much weight of the same batch, but larger shrooms.

7. falconer

falconer Member

You should read my post more carefully. I wasnti in disbelief. Im well aware of potency in mushrooms. Been rather serious about them for several years now, eating the weekly, usually twice weekly.

Natives didnt have any scales either. If youre going to use only aborts, a gram will usually be more potent that a gram of fully formed mushrooms. There are anomalies, of course.

8. svrart

svrart Member

Hi,

Thanks all for your input.

It was not my intent to trip. I just wanted to try a very small amount to see what it was like - like a sip of beer. The mushrooms had not even finished growing, so my plan was to wait at least 2 weeks before trying.

I had followed the instructions rigorously and there was no contamination. It was all fluffy white inside the jars, like the photos on shroomery. There was a wonderful smell of mushrooms. Later I read somewhere that the pins are very potent. FWIW, I am a big guy.