First timer - Open relationship...

Discussion in 'Free Love' started by MamaPeace, Jun 2, 2013.

1. MamaPeace

MamaPeace Senior Member

Background - I'm looking for someone to have fun with, no serious commitment, more experiences and just to feel mutual attraction.

I have found someone, who I am starting to warm to quite a lot. We get along pretty well in lots of different aspects of life. He told me that he is polyamorous. I totally accept this but now find myself questionning my own stability to be sexually active with someone like this. He is a nice guy, we have met up a few times so far, mutual locations just for drinks and chatting and click very well, we share many of the same views. He says he has never met anybody quite as intruiging as me and wants to know more and take it further. Me too. But, he is polyamorous and I have never had any experience with this. He explained it as 'full of love and respect' and that right now he has not got anybody else that he cares for. Both of us are equal in that we don't sleep with people that we don't care about, although I have only ever kept it to one at a time, even if they were only a fuck buddy.

I am willing to give it a go. Casually, for now.
    Maybe just looking for some advice/tips before heading in to this, as I have no clue what to expect and I am not sure that it will totally be my thing. Thus far, I would not be jealous of another lady, as we have not gotten that close yet or really experienced eachother enough. Do you think jealousy is a common thing for first timers?

I just really want to get to know this person more and more, everything he says draws me nearer, I am definitely not looking for commitment beyond sex or casual meetings, but I also feel that the extreme connection we have already felt shouldn't go to waste.

2. Aerianne

Aerianne Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Have a look at some Polyamorous sites and, if you can, I highly recommend reading the book "The Ethical Slut". It covers absolutely every scenario...lots of stuff you haven't thought of yet.

[​IMG]
    http://www.amazon.com/The-Ethical-Slut-Infinite-Possibilities/dp/1890159018/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1370212734&sr=8-2&keywords=the+ethical+slut"]The Ethical Slut: A Guide to Infinite Sexual Possibilities: Dossie Easton, Catherine A. Liszt: 9781890159016: Amazon.com: Books

3. Si69

Si69 Senior Member Lifetime Supporter