First time trying this! Had a really weird time

Discussion in 'Cannabis and Marijuana' started by The_Santos, Jun 11, 2022.

1. The_Santos

The_Santos Newbie

I have never had weed or anything like that before. I started smoking cigarettes but never got addicted to it and I do love my alcohol (I am still a lightweight even though I do drink often).

So here's how it went. A friend of mine gave me cookies (edibles) and said to give it a chance. I have always been kinda scared of bad trips (my sister had one even with just cigarettes -don't ask me how, no idea- and it seems like it was awful. Hallucinations, freaking out, anxiety... There was one day where I had auditive hallucinations out of nowhere and I didn't want that to happen again.

I thought maybe a little bite wouldn't hurt. I didn't know how much of the 'stuff" was in there but I took half a cookie.

1 hour goes by or so. I actually don't know, I was watching a movie and it was all good. When I ended, I got up from the sofa: something is weird now. I feel weird. Ticklish. Numb. Vertigo. My eyes spin a little. I've had episodes of vertigo before so I thought this was another one. It was different though. The back of my head, my neck and back felt incredibly numb.

I had a friend with me that took the other cookie. He was feeling the same but "accepting it" as he said. He told me to relax and let it happen. He said my eye pupils were incredibly huge.

The feeling got incredibly worse. I couldn't think. I couldn't remember what I was doing 5 seconds ago. I couldn't recall anything. I just couldn't "remember". It's like I was literally just living the moment. I had a weird sense of perception of reality as well. Like anything that wasn't on my vision just didn't exist. I kept realizing that my friend did exist and that he was there. If he was in another room I felt like I had no idea if he was there or not. I couldn't remember if he went in there at all. Only the room I was in existed.

My thoughts were going at full speed. I didn't know what to do so I sat down and played music. For some reason, singing and moving my body to the beat of the song made these thoughts "slow down" and I felt like I could think properly again. But just while I was singing. The moment I stopped, the moment my reality was fucked up again.

My perception of sounds was weird too, I feel like I heard things that were weird but I barely remember.

Closing my eyes and trying to fall asleep was super scary as well. I was aware of everything. Of how my mind was fading away. It felt very scary but I ended up falling asleep somehow and here I am. I still feel a little numb but I guess it's way better.

Is this what people call a bad trip? Should I even try having some more of the cookies again? Maybe less? I truly have no clue and what I felt yesterday was something I've never felt before.

~Zen~ likes this.
  2. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

You got really high... No tolerance and you don't know how much you took. Slow down, take less next time. You will be alright.

Edibles can be very strong.

scratcho and The_Santos like this.
  3. etherea

etherea mother of the idiot children

They can! Best to make you own and then you will have some control over strength

The_Santos likes this.
  4. The_Santos

The_Santos Newbie

How much should I take next time? As I said, I am a lightweight with alcohol and get tipsy fairly easy.

I've heard that is not that easy to make edibles but I wonder if that is true. Any advice?

5. Tyrsonswood

I don't do much with edibles. Some guy gave me some brownies once... I ate too many. lol

6. The_Santos

The_Santos Newbie

Yeah! Some of my friends said they ate too much because the edible's effect isn't instant so they thought they were okay... Until it hits you all at once. How many brownies did you eat?

And could you taste the weed in the brownies? I don't know, the taste was okay but the cookies were pretty sweet and then I'd have a sudden taste of weed in my mouth.

7. Tyrsonswood

I ate one... tasted okay, got stoned, got the munchies... ate the rest of them.

Smoked some bowls on top of that, too...

8. The_Santos

The_Santos Newbie

You did eat a lot! I can't imagine how I would have felt if I ate that much.

9. ~Zen~

~Zen~ Dreamer Administrator

Sounds like a bit much for your first experience!

Sorry you did not enjoy it so much.

Some people are just not into that, as you say you are also a ightweight when it comes to drinking... so I think a very small dose would have been better for your fist time...that half a cookie must have been very strong.

Home made edibles are risky like that, dosages are uncertain, sometime too much, other times not enough.

Cannabis is not for everyone...

10. scratcho

scratcho Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

I ate a handful of edibles. Did not do anything at all. High tolerance I guess, although I haven't smoked any weed for a few years. Your experience seems more like a psychedelic than mere weed.

11. etherea

etherea mother of the idiot children

That's what I thought!

scratcho likes this.
  12. The_Santos

The_Santos Newbie

You think so? Is that psychedelics do to you? I seriously can't stop thinking about how weird that sensation was.

scratcho likes this.
  13. scratcho

scratcho Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

I think that there are some generally known effects of psychedelics that could be said to affect most people that take them. However, what is inside one--good experiences--bad experiences----life experiences, in other words--and / or just strange or perhaps wondrous experiences may manifest. It is being said these days that weed is much, much stronger than in "the old days." So I'm just guessing here that perhaps being much stronger than before---you could or might experience a much stronger reaction than say---a person taking it in the 60s--70s might have. I took "plenty "of LSD and smoked my share of weed--hash back "in the day"and sometimes--even back then, one could experience being too stoned and feel some panic or unsettled feelings.

I had a friend that wanted to try weed one time and he kept saying to me during his first try--"man, when is this going to be over!" Almost in a panic. He hated it and never tried it again. Your friend told you to relax--that was good advice and if you try anything --weed or anything else that may change consciousness---it's very good policy to be with someone--particularly if they are experienced in these matters. Good luck, friend.

14. The_Santos

The_Santos Newbie

I did say that at some point! It became almost unbearable but it got better soon after. It was very scary for a moment.

15. ~Zen~

~Zen~ Dreamer Administrator

I have seen this happen to a lot of medical patients when first using large amounts of cannabis when in advanced stages of cancer. They all described it pretty much that way but built a tolerance after the second or third smaller dosage. It's always tricky trying to get the dose right with home made edibles.

scratcho likes this.
  16. The_Santos

The_Santos Newbie

I've heard about people building tolerance but I thought it took way more, maybe months of usage. I guess I am still learning a lot!

17. The_Santos

The_Santos Newbie

I forgot to say that my friend talked to the guy that made the cookies. It turns out they were made with hash, lots of it. He wasn't surprised when he told him about how I reacted to it.

scratcho likes this.