First time tripping/Grateful dead bears

Discussion in 'LSD - Acid Trips' started by Phishman95, Jun 18, 2013.

1. Phishman95

Phishman95 Guest

The other night me and my friend tripped for the first time. I only took 1 hit and it took about half an hour to kick in. Throughout my trip I kept seeing the grateful dead bears? It really weirded me out. They were everywhere. I saw them outside on the grass, and inside on the walls etc... I'm a huge dead fan but I wasn't listening to them or even thinking about the dead until I saw the bears. Is it normal to see familiar objects/characters when tripping? Also ever since that night i have been uncomfortably warm, especially my face. I feel fine everywhere else but my head is really really warm. Is this normal and will it stop? Does it even have anything to do with the acid? Some answers would be nice, I know everyone's different but it just really weirded me out.It's been 2 days since the trip.

2. Mr.Writer

Mr.Writer Senior Member

it is normal to see familiar things when you trip just as it is normal to see familiar things when you dream, imagine or remember :) As for the warmness, if what you took was LSD then it's unrelated. You sure you didn't just get overexposed to the new spring sun and have a light sunburn? It can make your skin feel hot.

Did the tabs have a strong taste? Did they numb your tongue or cause strong tingling in your mouth?

3. unfocusedanakin

unfocusedanakin The Archaic Revival Lifetime Supporter

Sounds normal to me, just be sure it was acid.

As Writter noted, the taste and numbness will be a big hint. If it was acid it would have neither.

4. Phishman95

Phishman95 Guest

It tasted horrible and made most of under my tounge go numb, does that mean it wasn't acid?

5. unfocusedanakin

unfocusedanakin The Archaic Revival Lifetime Supporter

Yes it does.

You got NBOME, still gives a trip as you saw, but it is not near as safe as acid. It may explain your side effects too, good acid should not really give you any sort of physical hangover like the hot face you mentioned.

6. gendorf

gendorf Senior Member

I used to see skulls everywhere. it ended when I had a realization : "the skulls will always be there".

and they are . i just don't notice them anymore.