First time coming out as Bisexual

Discussion in 'Bisexual' started by EricaMG, Mar 6, 2022.

1. EricaMG

EricaMG Members

First time coming out as bisexual was nervous.I was 7 months into my transition and it was after getting intimate with another pre op transsexual MTF.Knew I was bisexual after that liking men,pre op transsexual women and women.Finally one day visiting my parents,luckily my family was there.I looked at them and came out as bisexual.I was glad it was taken very well.Was told I am still loved no matter what

2. Windman

Windman Members

Im glad that went well for you. I will always be in the closet. Being a husband, father and grand father there are too many it would affect.

3. slayer3737

slayer3737 Members

Congratulations for having the courage! I'm so glad it went well and you have such a loving and supportive family. All the best in your life of truth moving forward.

I've decided myself not to come out while my bisexuality is just sexual so far, and not romantic. If I meet the right guy and fall in love, and we become boyfriends, then I will come out to everyone. For now, I'm only out to my now ex-girlfriend, a few mutual friends that she told, and two therapists. I came out to my ex before we had sex at the beginning of our three year relationship. I was sure but she would instantly drop me, but she didn't; she understood and accepted, for the most part. But it was a very rocky relationship with many breakups, perhaps partially because of it, though I never cheated on her, at least not with a live person.

SpankedMale64 likes this.
  4. GrayGuy57

GrayGuy57 Members

.......coming out as either bi OR gay in today's too-bigoted society is NEVER easy.

It requires not only GUTS, but, also, a great deal of discretion and common sense.

And, very importantly, just because you have a close STRAIGHT friend (who does not know of your true sexuality) is a "nice" guy, is NO GUARANTEE of how he'll react if you decide to open up to him honestly.

Being gay or bi is NOTHING to be ashamed of, but, again, it pays to have discretion when "coming out" to others.

jmadre and dd788snipe like this.
  5. LowHangers

LowHangers Members

I'm happy for you. I've never felt the need to inform others of my sexual preferences as they are mine and mine alone to partake in. The individuals with whom I have sex with know, and sometimes they will inform others close to them with the same preferences but informing my family is not a priority for me.

FriendlyCock, Tower69, jmadre and 4 others like this.
  6. dd788snipe

dd788snipe Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

You and I are in the same boat.

Windman and SpankedMale64 like this.
  7. GrayGuy57

GrayGuy57 Members

............truly sad that in this "enlightened" age that so many bi/gay men have to remain in the closet.:(

Also sad that so many closeted bi/gay men find their families to be loving, caring, and supportive, BUT.....have NO idea how the family would react if they decided to "come out", and not to hide their true selves.

"Resilience" and guts indeed are truly the bywords here.......

thepapasmurph and Suburbanray like this.
  8. Carrack

Carrack Members

Came out recently in my mid-30s to my wife first. She's been very supportive, but it's still quite the journey of exploration and navigating together.

9. SantaCruzRob

SantaCruzRob Senior Member

Never felt the need to tell anyone. My girlfriends and eventually my wife knew. Also the guys we had MMF's with.
    Probably missing something, it seems like a lot of stress to tell people.

Suburbanray and dd788snipe like this.
  10. dd788snipe

My wife knows but it stays in the closet. None of my friends know.

11. LowHangers

LowHangers Members

I've always felt the same way. Why stir the pot? I've had a couple people ask what my sexual preferences were and I provided an honest answer.

12. GrayGuy57

GrayGuy57 Members

I think that is a wise choice my friend; sadly, you might have other guys who you THINK are your friends....that is, until you "come out".

THAT'S when you find out who your REAL friends are (or aren't)

These days, too many people are NOT what they seem; it ALWAYS pays to "play it safe"........

dd788snipe likes this.
  13. bigfella

bigfella Members

when me and my best friend were sat watching Baywatch and Pammie was doing one of her slow motion montages and my friend told me to take his dick out a masturbate him while he kept rewinding and playing the scene.

14. Saggen

Saggen Members

Here I am at 74 and reading, talking about "coming out". I never dreamed I would be in the circumstances I am now. I never thought about my ancestors (alive or dead) having a sexual life......and then having that sexual existence taken away. Nor any of them in circumstances like mine. I have always loved pussy........fucking, eating it, masturbating it, what ever. The juices flowing from my partner tasted soooooo good. So did guy's juices, I discovered in the beginning of my bisexual life. I never was bi-active in my adulthood. But an accidental (for me) bi-event occurred during a very rare "wife-swap", during my previous marriage, changed my perspective about same-sex activity. I found I liked male fellatio, both giving and receiving. After the divorce, I actively searched for play partners who were married and looking for the same. And so, here I am now reading, looking, posting and searching some websites for one (seriously, I really am monogamous) long-term FWB.....AGAIN! My wife has become frigid. I'm too old to chase women, and I dont want to. But I need sex; to exist, no, not to just to exist but to have a pleasant, happy, rest of my years.

15. Captain Scarlet

Captain Scarlet Lifetime Supporter

16. JeffT

JeffT Members

I've never felt compelled to advertise. My wife knows and of course those we have sex with.

FriendlyCock and SpankedMale64 like this.
  17. Saggen

Saggen Members

Soooo........which of the "connection" sites would work best for me......assuming you've read my "Coming Out" post above. I'm very cautious about who I connect with AND the wife has got to be "O.K." with whom I choose, particularly since I'll be hosting in our sun room, which is the back patio that was glassed and weathered in.....she won't have to see or hear anything if she doesn't want to. I'm hoping she does, even though she's not the type that would join in.
    Also, my playmate would have to be close and in easy driving distance, for convenience. There's an old drive-in theater near that has had the concession area turned into an indoor XXX movie viewing theatre. Makes for very "intimate" meet-ups . However that won't work for me because I have to know who I'm dealing with, not just "in the dark". Same goes for Craigslist and Doublelist. Any suggestions from out in the "nether"?

18. dd788snipe

My thoughts exactly.

SpankedMale64 likes this.
  19. dd788snipe

The older I get the less people I trust.

20. GrayGuy57

GrayGuy57 Members

I could not agree more.

In my younger days, I trusted more people, far more than I do today.

These days, it is quite the opposite.

I'm the kind of fellow who'll risk his life to help a stranger in need, but don't ask me to trust anyone.

Even if you are in a strictly platonic friendship, there is no guarantee that the other guy won't suddenly decide to up and stab you in the back, for no good reason.

Trust me, I know........

William89 and dd788snipe like this.