first barefooter of the season (besides me, I mean)

Discussion in 'Barefoot' started by whatnoshooz, Apr 10, 2006.

1. whatnoshooz

whatnoshooz Member

I saw a guy walking around town barefoot today. First one I've seen so far this year!

Mark

2. Barefoot-boy

Barefoot-boy Member

It's always a good feeling when seeing someone barefoot after a long period of everyone being shod.

3. TrippinBTM

TrippinBTM Ramblin' Man

i never see anyone else barefoot, besides little kids

4. Cool Spruce

Cool Spruce Member

I do see others barefoot. But never people much past their mid 20's or at most 30, and almost never little kids. And certainly no one else in my age group. NO way. It's been trained out of most.

College students and any high schoolers who can get away with it. I keep saying, there are just not enough of us.

Only good improvement I've noticed in the past decade, a step in the right direction, is sandals generally, hiking sandals replacing hiking shoes for certain trekking, and of course, most lately, the new preponderance of flip flops! It shows there's something in a large portion of us that wants to be free.

5. cantgobarefootenough

cantgobarefootenough Member

Hi Everyone,

Here on the east coast the weather is about thirteen degrees below normal for this time of year. Needless to say, I haven't seen any barefooters here. Of course that didn't stop me from venturing barefoot out to the bank, cable company and later the local convenient store today. Hopefully, somebody saw me and decided to scrap the footwear in favor of barefeet for another day!

6. Cool Spruce

Cool Spruce Member

Normally, I'd say you should try being up here! But we've had the warmest spring in a long time. There's always the evening fire, for several more weeks, to soothe the feet by! I decided to move this pic from one of the long superthreads of posting pics, to here:

7. badwolf

badwolf Member

I walked a block barefoot in the monsoon like rain yesterday, it was wonderful.

8. TreeHugger15

TreeHugger15 Member

Wow, they actually let you? Or did they not notice?

9. txbarefooter

txbarefooter Senior Member

I've been in my bank (Citi) barefoot with out any trouble, the Cox cable doesn't care and the only convenient store I had trouble with was oddly enough, in Florida. :)

10. cantgobarefootenough

cantgobarefootenough Member

I would have to go on record as saying they didn't notice because nobody said anything to me. :rolleyes: