Firefox and hipfora

Discussion in 'Computers and The Internet' started by boringtree, Jan 29, 2005.

1. boringtree

boringtree Custom User Title

k. why does my firefox fail to load the hipforums and hipgallery homepages?

it just leaves me on a white screen. i always have to find a random history link to get in. i figure its some sort of weird HF scripting or something because i dont experience the problem anywhere else.

2. Trotsky311

Trotsky311 Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

I use firefox, have no problems.

using version 1.0?

try clearing out all your cookies, history, etc.

3. soulrebel51

soulrebel51 i's a folkie.

You should download 1.0, I've had no problems so far... tho with IE I get an 'illegal operation' prompt whenever I come here.

4. boringtree

i have 1.0, i also checked for updates just there an stuff. no luck. i tryed the cookies an catch, didnt work either. i guess il just have to live with it

5. Bilby

Bilby Freerangertarian Staff Member Lifetime Supporter Super Moderator

Have you tried running spyot on your PC.Also a scandisc or better still a defrag.

6. Shockw4ve

Shockw4ve Member

I've had this problem before. An easy way around it is to type http://hipforums.com/forums/ and then bookmark that url instead of http://hipforums.com. If you do that or bookmark the url of a thread then you shouldn't have any problem getting access to the forums.

7. boringtree

makes sense, thanks

8. Midget

Midget Senior Member

I'm using FF, and that happens to me sometimes...so I just go to another website, and go right back to Hip Forums...seems to work. :)

9. nimh

nimh ~foodie~

i bookmark to my usercp and never have the problem you're describing.

10. jamaica

jamaica Member

i use ff and this never happens to me

11. Trotsky311

Trotsky311 Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

i just have this guy next door yell real loud whatever's being posted. and then i got this mouse, that i write down whatever i want to post back, and he runs it all the way to my neighbors carrier pigeon, who then flies to xaos, and then he takes out this real small pencil, and writes it directly to the server.

/that's how it feels atleast when i'm at home with dialup.

12. drumminmama

drumminmama Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

I feel your pain. I just graduated to DSL because it was cheaper than dial up and a second line.
    I got firefox because of some raves on here and I have no problems AFTER I trouble shot the preferences.

13. NEMISIS

NEMISIS GONE

Sometimes ''Firefox'' plays up with me on other web sites.
    Just can't get in no matter what I try and do.
    However, I've had no issues with Spyware or Adware
    since being converted to Firefox, but I still have to use
    I.E. for those annoying sites that Firefox won't let me see.

14. boringtree

I managed to get around it. i disabled my 'hosts' file(renamed it just incase.(HOSTS XXX)).

it also sped up my firefox in general, quite a considerable amount. no more slow page load

C:\windows\system32\drivers\etc

15. gdhmomchild

gdhmomchild Duct tape abuser

ditto, np for me either. tring to get as far away from winblows and ie as possible.