Finally some good news! Ford doesn't need bailout.

Discussion in 'Politics' started by gardener, Jan 25, 2009.

1. gardener

gardener Realistic Humanist

My family have been huge Ford fans for years. I am happy to hear it. I drive an 1986 Ford Ranger. She has her problems but with over 300,000 miles I would too, and do. The first vehicle I ever owned was a 1957 Ford 1/2 ton, I bought in 1972 for 400.00 used from my best friend's dad, with money from my very first real job. Had had part time jobs up until then, but I went to work for the county and had a monthly income. I could afford my gas, oil, parts and insurance. Never really needed much for parts. She ran good. And my Pop knew that engine and taught me every thing he knew to keep her running prime.

This Ranger I drive was his, his last vehicle. I intend to keep her road worthy for as long as I can. When I am working on her he's there with me. That's one of the things about made in America...it's famiy!

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2008/12/10/ford-bailout-money-unnece_n_149824.html