Finally ordered a vap

Discussion in 'Stoners Lounge' started by Brady_to_Moss, Apr 7, 2013.

1. Brady_to_Moss

Brady_to_Moss Member

About time i got one.

I got the Magic Flight Launch Box Portable Vaporizer for $120. Gets great/amazing reviews and is small. Really looking forward to vaping rather than smoking. Looking to save a lot of bud!

2. unfocusedanakin

unfocusedanakin The Archaic Revival Lifetime Supporter

Your wallet and lungs will both thank you.

3. jo_k_er_man

jo_k_er_man TBD

i would've sold you mine for $50

That holds for anyone else... TYD $50 PP only :mickey:

4. jo_k_er_man

jo_k_er_man TBD

PS: Welker is a bronco now ;)

5. Brady_to_Moss

Brady_to_Moss Member

I know..i gotta change it

Question guys...i know vap can still produce smoke and smell..is the smell as bad as out of a pipe..or a lot less noticeable

6. Hedgeclipper

Hedgeclipper Qiluprneeels Nixw

Nice. I love the MFLB. So simple yet effective. It doesn't stand up to big wall-plugged bag vapes and stuff, but it's the best portable vape I've ever tried -- better than many more expensive ones like the iolite and stuff.

7. unfocusedanakin

unfocusedanakin The Archaic Revival Lifetime Supporter

There is still a smell but it's not quite as intense as a pipe. Allot of people say it smells like burned popcorn.

8. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Oh, I have been thinking of trying a vap but I do not really know how they work.

9. SunLion

SunLion Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Look up the MFLB on Youtube. Lots of demos. We have three of 'em! A good product.

10. TopNotchStoner

TopNotchStoner Georgia Homegrown

I've been smoking for almost 15 years and, believe it or not, I have NEVER used a vape.

11. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

That's easy to believe, it still counts for a lot of people (including me :p).

I have thought about vaporizers as well but even though it might be cheaper in the long run I am not willing to spend a lot of money on it and I wouldn't settle for a crappy one. And as I stated in other threads I love smoking on itself too much.

12. TopNotchStoner

TopNotchStoner Georgia Homegrown

Same here. Also, if have money to buy a vape, I'm just gonna spend it on weed instead. lol

13. Popularity

Popularity Senior Member

I too have the mflb and love the hell out of it. As far as the smell goes, there is very little. A slight burnt smell, but nothing like a smoke smell. It stays in a small area too so you could stand at one side of a bedroom and probably not smell it on the other end.
    I recently vaped inside a movie theater and blew it in my shirt. My friend beside me never noticed.

14. jo_k_er_man

jo_k_er_man TBD

if it's producing smoke... you're getting it too hot....

Smoke != Vaping

Vaping = Water vapor = steam

To keep exhales and smell at a mimimum... hit the box for shorter periods so that you don't exhale any vapor

15. Sleeping Caterpillar

Sleeping Caterpillar Members

If the vape does smell as strong as a pipe, good indication to turn it down!
    some people want to see smoke, because thats what theyre used to, but thats the whole point of a vape, is to not smoke!

228 is a good temp, varies from each machine, but low 200s is good

16. Brady_to_Moss

Brady_to_Moss Member

got it last night and tried it out..messed up the first time as it was a very harsh bowl like hit. 2nd and 3rd one was better.

but still can't get it down right...The bud isn't burning and has a light brown look like it should so maybe i am doing it right? but still a lot of smoke and bud smell

17. jo_k_er_man

jo_k_er_man TBD

To minimize smell... take smaller hits... don't heat the vape up as much... the browning means you're doing it right... but smaller hits or holding the hit longer will help limit smell.. and "smoke" which is really vapor... and exhaled vapor is wasted vapor...

18. ☉rtus ♉

☉rtus ♉ Waffle

How do you mess it up? there are no settings or anything, you just push in the battery lol

I like to hold the battery down for 5 or so seconds, take a hit while still holding it down, hold it in, exhale, then release the battery and take another hit, inhaling whatevers left in it... then its like you get two hits in one really quick

19. Brady_to_Moss

Brady_to_Moss Member

You can mess it up by letting it reach a temp too high and then it combusts. If the bud is black or burnt like the last 2 times i did it..i did it wrong. They were both harsh very smokey and smelly hits. I tried drawing it faster and slower but that doesn't seem to change much..oh well. I will get it sooner or later

20. TheHipstar

TheHipstar Guest

I know lots of people that vape, but then go back to glass. I never vaped personally so dont know if it is better or worse.