Finally got my barefooter feet built back up

Discussion in 'Barefoot' started by TheGreatShoeScam, May 15, 2020.

1. TheGreatShoeScam

TheGreatShoeScam Members

We had winter and I had lots of lifes stressful nonsence was wearing shoes and the usual results.

I think what I should do get some pictures of my feet now and instead of before and after I will have after and before.

Hope not but if history repeats I will fall off again and have shoe feet again.

I should even do it on purpose. The internet is so vast usually anything you type in a zillion results but their is really nothing on foot changes from going barefoot. Lets try it

foot changes from going barefoot - Google Search.

Nothing really.

I should do it. Build up my feet really well and get "after" pictures then wear shoes and socks for a month and show the change. Before after or after before same thing.

There realy is now thousands of web pages on the benefits of going barefoot but pretty much nothing that those of us here know about how your feet change from it.

Anyone up north reading this still in shoes just going back to barefoot you can help too. Get those before pictures build up add to the science of this too.

Sucks I should have got a before picture before I built up this year.

Nudegardner likes this.
  2. Ya know, with all the barefooting I've been doing, when I slip on my loafers (say, for a doctor appt, but never socks) my heel rubs against the back of the shoe, which is a recent development. I've sort of outgrown my shoes.

BarefootedBoy likes this.
  3. jagerhans

jagerhans Far out, man. Lifetime Supporter

I have some old boots and I walked in them for more or less 13 years. Then I started going barefoot and went on 17 years shoeless and now it is impossible for me to fit back in them. My feet didn't just get wider but their top grew higher too. And I tried wearing them without socks too, I always used very thick ones. With socks it would become even harder to fit back in.. Bare Feet get more muscular; their bones and toes , when free from constraints, slowly return to their natural arrangement and then there are those 5 mm of extra skin thickness under the sole to take into account.

Nudegardner likes this.
  4. TheGreatShoeScam

TheGreatShoeScam Members

I am kinda drunk but no problem on the roads that usually hurt padding so nice and built back up. No go zones no problem again. did that road no problem.

Bare footing is a sport just like building up to a 300lb bench press making those feet tough same thing !

Nudegardner likes this.
  5. Nudegardner

Nudegardner Members

Did a three mile hike today barefoot. Walked on gravel with not much effort.

bft4evr likes this.
  6. Nudegardner

Nudegardner Members

Hey y'all,did 4.5 miles barefoot today for a total of 6.8 miles. Freaked people out flying by on gravel! A little cringy but nothing real painful.

jagerhans likes this.
  7. TheGreatShoeScam

TheGreatShoeScam Members

Wow that was only 10 days ago May 20 I was still on that alcohol bender.

That nightmare seems like months ago now. I had to taper down over a few days and push through nasty withdrawals to get back to normal.

It sucks how you "pick up right where you left off" That hurt . Oh well I will never learn.

8. BareyMommy

BareyMommy Members

Living barefoot definitely allows you to run over some really rough stuff like gravel. running barefoot on gravel

I remember I think 2018 when my kids were having trouble going barefoot for longer periods of time because they'd been cooped up in the house for so long, they did jumping jacks on the gravel in the back. Soon they had their feet built up again and even stronger than before.

9. TheGreatShoeScam

TheGreatShoeScam Members

upload_2020-6-25_17-44-30.png

Attached Files:

10. TheGreatShoeScam

TheGreatShoeScam Members

weeks without shoes. Being terrible too drinking too much lately. Real beach bum. Actually lost my shoes for a few days.,

Coming up next I am going to clean them up. I am crazy kind of dont want to ruin my barefooter dirty tough feet but I am going for a swim .

Will they look all lame like shoe people feet afterwards ? I will do after photo.

I really toughened up. That one street with the lager rocks making up the pavement was no problem yesterday. I was surprised I had no problem and did not need to retreat to the sidewalk.

Barefooting really is a sport like weight lifting. You build up and get better.

Last edited: Jun 25, 2020
  11. TheGreatShoeScam

TheGreatShoeScam Members

All clean they look terrible

Flakey shin and shit.

upload_2020-6-25_19-24-42.png

And this blulshit big toe nail seperating from the bed

upload_2020-6-25_19-32-52.png

I don't know how to fix that.

Think I better just go with rugged dirt feet this clean up job didn't come out so well.

Nail seperation pisses me off. Think I might have to go to a foot doc.

Camera is awful feet dont look that bad in real life.

12. TheGreatShoeScam

TheGreatShoeScam Members

They dont look this bad in real life !!

13. TheGreatShoeScam

TheGreatShoeScam Members

No fair you all that get to paint your nails !

My social group would be like wtf and be wierded out if I did that.

I go to stop buggin, Nails dont look that bad in real life. that camera flash just brought ot the worst.

Need to cut that nail way back even if it does look shitty for a few months , I think that is how you fix that.