~*~ FiMo InCeNsE bUrNeRs ~*~

Discussion in 'Home Decor and Household Tips' started by cerridwen, Jun 9, 2004.

1. cerridwen

cerridwen in stitches

I have often found myself in this dilemma: I don't have enough incense burners; I often give gifts of incense to people who don't have a burner, and nice ones tend to get expensive.

So, I started making some out of fimo! If you collect 2 or 3 different colours, and take a bit of each colour and roll them together, so there's a swirly ball that's multicoloured, flatten it a little and cut it with your favourite teeny cookie cutter, it makes a campy incense holder! With the end of the incense stick, poke a hole in the middle and bake the fimo according to its instructions on the package... TADA! new incense burner!

2. Lilyrayne

Lilyrayne Chrisppie

That's a cool idea... does that mean the incense stick is sticking straight up in the air then?

3. HappyHaHaGirl

HappyHaHaGirl *HipForums Princess*

You can poke it at an angle....can't you???

4. borut16

borut16 Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

If I understood it right, then I don't think so, but I might be wrong.

Love,
    Borut

5. HappyHaHaGirl

HappyHaHaGirl *HipForums Princess*

Well...you could always poke a couple of those tiny little staples in there that carpenters use and then just lean it up against them...??? I've never done it, so I don't know.

6. Alomiakoda

Alomiakoda Boniface McSporran

My friend did this when she made clay ones...she pressed into it with her finger to make a sort of well for the ash to fall in to then put a hole in the middle for the insense stick...This stopped ash flying everywhere :)

7. Dilapidated

Dilapidated Member

That's how I made mine. I only have one burner and I didn't feel like buying it so I made it out of purple and orange clay. It looks like one of the long wooden ones only cheaper. My mom makes them too, she's a bit more talented at clay than I am.

8. day_tripper77

day_tripper77 Member

thats a great idea... i never would have thought of making my own burners.. and i just happened to find some clay laying around when i was cleaning the other day.. i think im gonna make myself a cone incense burner because the one i have is really crappy..

thanks for the neat idea! :D

XoXoX - <3 always, stykz

9. cerridwen

cerridwen in stitches

Well, the ones I make are sticking straight up, but you can poke the hole at an angle too if you wish... works either way!

10. IvSeenTwilght

IvSeenTwilght Member

cool cool, i never thought of that, i usually just stick em into a big candle i have, but ima try that. Peace! :0)

11. cerridwen

cerridwen in stitches

:) I love working with fimo... many neat and colourful things to make with it...

12. badwolf

badwolf Member

Sweet. I'm going to do that once I get paid and maybe sell some.

13. knittin.pretty

knittin.pretty Banned

it certainly is a good idea! :)

14. organic.psychonaut

organic.psychonaut Member

fimo is great! i made some sweet beads a while back, and i've been trying to think of other things i could make with it. so thanks for the idea of making incense burners!!

15. campfirejam

campfirejam Something-Something

i don't have much luck with fimo, especially if a fimo item has been placed by the window in the sunlight. the dream catcher in my car has a fimo ring and it's all bent out of shape because the heat from the sunlight shaped it that way. i stick to wood or glass incense burners. my favorite one is this stone cabin with a hole in the chimney so the smoke comes out of it. it's really cool. what kind of incense do you burn?

dannayelli

16. cerridwen

cerridwen in stitches

wow, I can't believe this thread is over 2 years old! sheesh...

I don't have a brand, really of incence, campfirejam, but the incense I usually burn is either nag champa or lemongrass.