Filmmaker Living In A Van

Discussion in 'Camping/Outdoor Living' started by cinemaphonic, Jun 9, 2015.

1. cinemaphonic

cinemaphonic Members

Hey guys,

I just wanted to share my story. I'm really not trying to solicit for donations to this, I just wanted to share for anyone who might be interested.

A Lot of things led me to this decision, but when I finally read Walden on Wheels I truly began to have faith in the van dwelling lifestyle. I thought it would be impossible to live this life as a filmmaker, but where there's a will there's a way. At the end of the month I'm leaving Milwaukee to begin my life as a filmmaker while living in my 96 Dodge Ram.

You can check it out here: http://igg.me/at/thevanchronicles

If it is inappropriate to post this link let me know and I'll remove it, but I hope you enjoy the project either way and the fun little video I made. I'm so damn excited for this. My first stop is the 2015 Rainbow Family of Living Light Gathering.

2 people like this.
  2. Ashalicious

Ashalicious Senior Member

Have a ton of fun :D

3. Flagme15

Flagme15 Members

With the costs of renting, or owning a place nowadays, you seem to have it on something. I may be going that route in a couple of years.

4. thefutureawaits

thefutureawaits Members

Very cool. Enjoy your time in the van. I lived this lifestyle for a half of year and liked it!

5. peacemonger84

peacemonger84 Members

Sounds like a fun. Make sure to let us know when you get it going. :)

6. Ernesto Apocaloptimisto

Ernesto Apocaloptimisto self-banned

Neat project for sure. People that are out there living minimally and doing films about others that are thriving outside of the unsustainable consumer paradigm are doing more to lessen the negative aspectsof the coming collapse than they can imagine.

If you want to do a story about an eccentric, home free, money free, green tech inventor who's really been struggling to find help and community, I might know a guy. ;)

7. Varmint

Varmint Member

I've checked your link from time to time and was unable to view it. Have you gotten any traffic on your site at all?

8. Ernesto Apocaloptimisto

Ernesto Apocaloptimisto self-banned

Did you ever pull off the documentary? I'd be interested to see it.

9. Alanaw

Alanaw Members

me too ))