Fighting?

Discussion in 'U.K.' started by L.A.Matthews, May 13, 2007.

1. L.A.Matthews

L.A.Matthews Senior Member

So, has anyone been involved in any fights?

What was the cause and story?

2. fountains of nay

fountains of nay Planet Nayhem!

When I started secondary school I was so fed up with people thinking that it was acceptable to call me racist names, so I just used to smack them out. :)

I'm much more of a pacifist these days though ;)

3. CrucifiedDreams

CrucifiedDreams Members

Yeah, I used to get in a few fights when I was younger, I thought it was fun, and I liked fighting with the boys, becuase I felt like I had something to prove. I'm much calmer now though, I do love rough housing though, it's the boy in me. I can't help it.

4. Peace-Phoenix

Peace-Phoenix Senior Member

I've punched a guy for being racist before. I've also punched a guy who was attacking a girl in the street. I'm not a pacifist and will hit someone if necessary, though I'm rarely ever sufficiently provoked to do so....

5. lithium

lithium frogboy

I've never been in a fight. Not one. I'm a firm believer in the strategy of running away:tongue:

6. dapablo

dapablo redefining

I've never been in a fight, apart from a push and shove with me father.
    I also developed legs for running, trained every day on my way to school. :)

7. phoenix_indigo

phoenix_indigo dreadfully real

I've never been in a fight either.

Now verbal altercations however ... that's another story.

8. lithium

lithium frogboy

This would be my technique for getting out of school bullying, it's so much better if you can resolve a situation with a witty put-down:D

9. xZx

xZx Member

I've never been in a real fight...but then again, I'm all of 5'3" so I'm not much of an opponent.

10. L.A.Matthews

Saturday night this stupid idiot down the pub was in the girls toilets and looking over the cubicles. He's a twat who thinks he's a big drug-dealer, but he's nothing more than a middle-man who rips people off; he's looking to get shot, due to his £4K debt to a coke dealer. In this cubicle is my ex-girlfriend. She gets upset so her boyfriend, our friend, goes over to this prick and starts talking to him. We're all stuck within this narrow corridor - people on this guys side, and on my friends side - when finally a punch is thrown from their side. So, as a retaliation I swing for this fucker and smacked him clean in the socket between a crowd of people. It ended with my friend getting sucker punched and the bouncers dragging them away and kicking them out of the pub.

11. L.A.Matthews

Okay, this is a long story, but I think it's a good one.

I was at a disco that my school held about a year back. I was pretty drunk, but sober enough to stabilise myself and talk clearly. As we - me, plus 5 other guys - were about to leave we sat on a wall outside the venue, just outside a police station. My friend needed to ring his father for a lift home. So we waited. Then, out in the distance, fifty yards or so, a guy shouts with his four friends, 'Oi, boys! Want a fight, or somthin'?' We ignored it at first and carried on, because it's the same usual drunkard talking shit. Eventually they come over and start talking to us, with the intention of fighting. This short bastard pointed to this 6 foot 3 guy and said to me, amidst the talking, 'you know what we call this guy?'

'No, what?' I reply.

'The animal.'

'Do you know why we call him the animal?'

'Because he's an animal?' I smirk and lightly chuckle; trying to get casual and comfortable with them and the atmosphere.

'It's not funny, butt' ('butt' is Welsh slang for 'friend', but used to often to actually mean it)

'No! I know it's not. I can see he's an animal' I get defensive.

Eventually, some guy starts squaring up to my best friend so I get on my toes and asses the situation. He then swings for my friend and so, with a pint glass that I kept from the party, I smash it over the side of his face and it shatters. Everything kicks off. The 'animal' power walks towards me and swings like a monkey; full round-house jabs. It was so slow that it made it extremely predictable when and where it would land on my face, so I duck on reflex. I swing back and land a nice uppercut on his chin. He tries again, but drops on my second smack.

Then, as the animal writhes on the floor, I see this other guy on the floor. So I run up to him full force and kick him clean in the face - I wasn't entirely sure who's side he was on the next day, but it didn't matter, because it felt good at the time (I don't want to know and be left with guilt if he was on our side).

I then find a shoe in the middle of the road. I pick it up and smack it on the back of this guys head, who's pounding the shit out of my other friend on the floor. Then more people in cars start turning up. So I figure out the best thing to do, as a last resort; don't forget, this all happened outside a police station.

I run to the copshop and start pounding on the windows. It takes a good 5 minutes before they notice me and come running like the cavalry of pigs that they are; slow and stupid as fuck.

In the end they get arrested and a night in the cells. The guy I hit with the pint was covered in blood and still managed to start mouthing off to me whilst in cuffs. Stupid cunts.:)

12. ripple

ripple Member

Ive never been in a fight, suppose its a good job as I stand a whopping 5'0" tall. Ive almost been in two though. Looking back one of them I should have just left as it was about absolutely nothing, just kids stuff.

The other one was with a couple of guys who thought they were well though, they still do actually. Just the town bullies I suppose. I think one of them has an asbo and a is tagged now. They came down to 'our' end of the town and started on me and a friend for no other reason than they could. We got away and phoned all our other friends who joined us that evening as we knew they were going to come back down again. Anyway, we bumped into them again, this time 3 of us to the 2 of them and a fight started, they ended up worse off but I didnt even get a punch in. Looking back I should have charged in fists swinging and tought the bastards a real lesson.

13. Peace-Phoenix

In retrospect, do you feel using a glass was fair? If you could have beaten them without it, was it necessary?

14. paulfreespirit

paulfreespirit Senior Member

firstly WHAT IS THE POINT OF THIS THREAD ?..........secondly PEOPLE WHO USE WEAPONS WHEN NOT CONFRONTED BY WEAPONS SUCH AS GLASSES ARE FUCKIN SHITHOUSE COWARDS WHO NEED TO BE GLASSED THEMSELVES ( instant karmas gonna get yer ) BRUISES HEAL SCARS DONT .

15. Peace-Phoenix

Maybe he should have given the guy a left jab, swiftly followed by a right cunthook....

16. paulfreespirit

the only left jab he knows has probally got a needle sticking out of a syringe ......think he"s hard glassing people dear oh dear .

17. Peace-Phoenix

Yeah, I can only see the point of fighting in exceptional circumstances and where it is necessary for self defence. Even then the use of violence should be to end the situation as swiftly as possible and with minimal harm to either sides. That's one of the main benefits of martial arts I think, you can use them to disarm/disable an attacker without causing them too much harm. The use of weapons can only serve to escalate the situation. In a reverse of the popular idiom, don't bring a knife to a fistfight....

18. paulfreespirit

their again it could be a jackanory .........I MEAN HE SEEMS TO REMEMBER TOO MUCH DETAIL FOR SOMEONE WHO SAYS HE HAS BEEN INVOVLED IN A FIGHT LIKE THAT .

19. paulfreespirit

totally agree

20. L.A.Matthews

First of all, the pint 'glass' was one of those cheapy plastic ones. If it had been a real solid glass I would've been in the cell with them. Secondly, if someone punches your best friend, you aren't going to think about trivialities over what's 'fair' or not. If they they were in my position they would've done the same thing, if not worse.

Also, don't even try and call me a liar just because I can remember it in detail. Obviously, if a fight happens and something as poignant as what happened happened, then it's going to stick in your mind in detail.