FIFA Football Game series - Has it lost its appeal?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by 45lstreetcourthouselanerd, Jun 21, 2020.

1. 45lstreetcourthouselanerd

45lstreetcourthouselanerd Members

I ask the above question because since 2013, the FIFA football game series has become too complex with attribute masking and the enjoyment factor gone. Having said that, when it initially began IIRC in the mid 1990s, it wasn't straightforward and didn't have the fully licensed jerseys etc with the manufacturers and sponsorships until the 2001 version.

Ultimately, the FIFA football game series was at it's best from 2001-2013, and anything before/after 2001-2013 just isn't worth devoting one's own time to a frustrating game series that has proven to be hit and miss at times.

In addition, they did the same thing with the Football Management series and making them too advanced and complex instead of straightforward gameplay.

2. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

I don't play it but I'd say yes. Every year another Fifa. It's just soccer. It's just a roster update for 100$

3. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Not that I can talk because I buy the new Madden every year which is in the same boat.

4. r0llinstoned

r0llinstoned Gute Nacht, süßer Prinz

FIFA games have been the same since like 2007. Only thing different now is the rosters lol.

5. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Yup a roster update and a fancy new EA sports power move play that turns a simulation into somewhat of an arcade game. Typical EA sports.