few q's with pics

Discussion in 'Dreadlocks' started by 80mg OC, Feb 12, 2009.

1. 80mg OC

80mg OC Guest

I think my hair is long enough to dread. Does it all need to be the same length? My sides are long and the back and top or pretty long but the front is shorter then the rest.

Think bout getting dreadhq kit

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Spookytheferret

Spookytheferret Member

oh...no to the dreadhead kit.

3. spirit of the night

spirit of the night Senior Member

any specific reason you blacked your face out?

I mean I am unsure of pics of me too, so If it's for the same reasons as me I understand. Cool hair, go for dreads too if you want, they are awesome.

4. marysoul

marysoul Member

I love your face, its unlike anything ive ever seen

5. Spookytheferret

Spookytheferret Member

i agree. your face is beautiful.

6. 80mg OC

80mg OC Guest

its not cuz im Hideous, im just extremly sexy and dont need any stalkers hahaha....

y no to dread head kit and is my hair good and ready??

7. marysoul

marysoul Member

i think so

8. Spookytheferret

Spookytheferret Member

well...dreadhead kits are pretty much..peices of shit. sorry.
    :D
    but, uh...no seriously. DHHQ will wax up your hair, make it sticky, make it...nasty...i mean think about it. it's...wax. and since it ain't water soluble, it'll be in there forever. trust me, anyone here can tell you this, DHHQ will make you regret ever backcombing your nonsense.
    anyways, your hair looks like a decent length to start. you just gotta wash with residue free soap, backcomb if you want, and rip to separate if you don't want them to congo.

9. hax

hax Member

you wanna see hideous check that out \/

10. soaringeagle

soaringeagle Senior Member

mine was abouit your length and i started naturaluy ..no probs but natural is slow in shorter hair usualy backcomb or better yetr twist n rip would be faster
    as for the kit
    its a 70 dollar scam, the only useful thing if u could call it useful is a 1 dollar flea comb anda pennies wort of sea salt
    oh yea and a video on how to fuck it up bad
    ignore all dreadheadhq lies and u cant go wrong
    hair will dread itself..case closed
    ifg u inmsist on forcing it just backcomb or twist n rip..once anbd only once then leave it alone
    u may wanna let it grow a bit tho, so ...begin the natural process now till u gain 2 inches, if its not behginning to dread then choose wether or not to backcomb
    if u backcomb now expect to spotrt the antenae look a good while till they grow some

11. raz5

raz5 زینب

you have an amazing face <33

12. soaringeagle

soaringeagle Senior Member

hahahya yea by hiding youir face u got 10 times as many peiople payinmg attention to it..lol

but by the hairstyle im guessing your 14ish, so your just being careful on the net, makes sence but dont worry were a pretty gentle family here, not too many stalkers (mostly just people hoping to be stalked one day..hehe)

but backl to the hairstyle, looks long from the top but very short underneath?
    if u alow it to dread narturaly the longer parts will dread 1st the shorter parts as they catch up in length.. the very front wont dread till it reaches your eyes
    this is just fine it wuill gain a very organic look
    if u b ackcomb, there will be areas that are too short to even backcomb at all and will have to go natural anyway

13. raz5

raz5 زینب

^ i love this guy.

14. Natures Love Child

Natures Love Child Member

My hair was really short when I started. If you go natural it will take much longer, I'm about 3mnths in. Like SE said it's really pointless to backcomb at this point.

15. turnipgranola

turnipgranola Member

Stay away from DreadheadHQ. I personally sectioned and backcombed and it worked well for me. Gave my hair the head start it needed. Other than that, just leave it alone. Wax will trap oils and dirt which can prevent natural knotting. Yeah a lot of people say I'm not natural because I backcombed loosely once. Whatever. It's up to you. I just reccommend staying away from wax and rubber bands as it can really mess up your hair.

16. Luxiebow

Luxiebow Senior Member

I think whatever feels natural to you is natural! It wouldn't feel natural for me to have left my hair and waited for it to do it's own thing. It felt natural putting it in place first and then letting it do what it wants:)and dang your paint job on your face scared me!

17. Luxiebow

Luxiebow Senior Member

forgot to say though, do not buy any products! total waste of money, such a scam!

18. Hippified_RCer

Hippified_RCer P.L.U.R.

cept for bronners ;)

19. Luxiebow

Luxiebow Senior Member

I've never seen bronners,just heard of it from here. Is it especially made for locks?

20. Hippified_RCer

Hippified_RCer P.L.U.R.

nah its not "made" for dreads. its an organic company that makes really nice liquid soap and bars residue free.