Festivals In Virginia

Discussion in 'Events and Festivals' started by Orsino2, Jan 18, 2005.

1. Orsino2

Orsino2 Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

So is anyone planning to go to anything in VA as far as festivals go, for 2005?

2. makno

makno Senior Member

floydfest in agust .

3. Orsino2

Orsino2 Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

Hmm... didn't know they had one in VA. Always looking for something to go to... There was a festival in Spotsylvania that K-Dub played at, last year. I'm waiting to see if he'll do it again this year.

4. Jerry's B-Day Bash should be happening as well. That's a pretty fun Fest to go to :)

5. amberfilter

amberfilter Member

floydfest.com

Floyd county, near blacksburg, alot of homesteaders out that way too. It has a good reputation of being a chilled out good time, not too many young kids just there to party madly.

the sooner you buy your tickets the cheaper they are. It's the last weekend of July.

Peace :)

6. dmgreen

dmgreen ~Hugz 4 All~

I will be going to "allgood" this year! It's one weekend of music and getting fucked up!!! I wouldn't miss it for anything!

7. fee

fee Member

8. AT98BooBoo

AT98BooBoo Senior Member

Check out Trail Days in Damascus VA. Its usually on the third weekend in May. About 4,000-6,000 current and former Appalachian Trail hikers take over the little town of Damascus VA. Do a search on Damascus VA and you will find more info. Moonovermtn has been there before and will tell ya what a great time it is.

9. Love113

Love113 Member

check out haymaker, should be great again this year

10. sm0key42o8

sm0key42o8 Senior Member

Haymaker is always a great time-just watch out for all the fucking crooked cops...

11. Love113

Love113 Member

I heard about cop bullshit at haymaker, but i had no trouble, i hope its the same for me this year, and i hope its chill for everyone else too. Good Vibes:)

12. Cornflakes

Cornflakes Member

awesome! i've never been to a festival unless you count large outdoor raves

13. Cornflakes

Cornflakes Member

does haymaker have a website?

14. Love113

Love113 Member

yes www.haymaker.net I posted info about it somewhere in the events and festivals forum. tix are $55 while they last, then $70

15. AT98BooBoo

AT98BooBoo Senior Member

If you live in Northern VA go check out the weekly Bluegrass shows at the Lucketts Community Center in Lucketts VA. I saw Bob Paisley there. The shows are usually on Saturday nights. Tickets are usually just $10.

16. Cornflakes

Cornflakes Member

some of these events seem a bit country or too rural for my taste

17. Love113

Love113 Member

country? not at all, they are indeed in rural areas, but that makes them twice as good.

18. gdhmomchild

gdhmomchild Duct tape abuser

http://www.sunshinedreams.com/
    Trip and Emily's place has fests all summer. Jerry's b-day bash is here along with alot of others
    http://www.walther-productions.com/
    another one, Tim Walther has been doing All Good for some time now, usually all weird, hehe
    http://www.jambands.com/
    A great place to look up all kindsa happenings in yer area.
    And yeah, if they are out in the countryside theres a reason.Hard to find a venue willing to take on a few thousand hippies.....

19. HipRenGirl

HipRenGirl Member

I live near Floydfest, this will be my first year going to it... moved here last year. There's going to be a little Rainbow Gathering in Blacksburg in June too. Keep in touch you guys, would love to meet some of ya'll.

:) Peace!

20. Cornflakes

Cornflakes Member

which is better Haymaker or Floydfest??? and why