Fender or Gibson??

Discussion in 'The Hip Polls' started by ~SgT.PePpEr GiRl~, May 24, 2008.

1. ~SgT.PePpEr GiRl~

~SgT.PePpEr GiRl~ Member

Let's settle this. At my school, people are always feuding over which is best. personally, i love Fender. vote plz i must know! :D

2. pizzicatofive

pizzicatofive Member

I love old school gibsons, and I really really want a firebird bass, but I own a fender P bass and a squier strat and they work for me, so I voted fender. The grass is probably always greener on the other side, I think if i played gibsons, I would really miss the cool classic shape of my P bass.

3. MotherLoveBone

MotherLoveBone Member

depends what style you play and what products you're talking about. Gibson makes better hollowbodys, jazz guitars and the like, and probably better acoustic guitars as well. I like the feel of a Gibson neck better. I also love me a tele though, and of course Fender makes some of the best tube combos in the world, with a clean sound out of this world.

They both also have some really shitty products as well.

4. Celtic Hippie

Celtic Hippie Member

I play fender and I like the weight better than Gibson. The Gibson's are very nice as well.
    Peace

5. deleted

deleted Visitor

I have at least four Fender Stratocasters and teles combined. A Ibanez Standard strat and a dinky Jackson..
    I think Im stuck on strats, but gibson are cool..

6. Beckner420

Beckner420 troll

Orison kudos on the Jackson, your the only other person i know to have one, besides peeps on the jackson forum.

I like my jackson better then any fender or gib. I do want a tele though.

7. deleted

deleted Visitor

Jackson, Metal cant be played wthout it.. its like being a Roofer without a hammer..lol

8. psychodelic17

psychodelic17 Member

i own an american fender strat and could not be happier with it, nice neck, soild body, decent pickups and bridge, so i vote fender...but both are amazing companys for guitars

9. Beckner420

Beckner420 troll

i dont even play metal on my jackson. I just love its feel and tone. Ill put my hands on a 57' strat and ill still rather be playing my jack.

10. Captain Cannabis

Captain Cannabis Banned

I love Gibson guitars, SG's would have to be my favourite.

I have an epiphone sg though lol. Surprisingly for a beginner guitar it plays like a pro.

But it's my backup, thanks to my ESP Explorer :D

11. emelia

emelia the resident gangsta

Gibson fo sho

12. Oneness

Oneness Dead

I had a 69' Fender strat reissue with a maple neck, and a 60s reissue Les Paul.

I gotta say I liked the Strat more but, the Gibson was not far behind.. I loved playing both but the strat beat it.. so, sexy. It was just sex pouring out of my amp

13. neodude1212

neodude1212 Senior Member

14. jrnyman

jrnyman kermit

I've played both and own neither. I really do love the 24-3/4 scale vs. the 25-1/2. I currently own a westbury (24-3/4) and a carvin (25)

my amps are both all tube, one's an ampeg and the other's a peavey. I tend to like the more obscure stuff. gives a more unique tone and you tend to pay less for it.

back to the original topic though I find that older gibsons are amazing but the consistency off the line isn't what it used to be. it's hit or miss with them lately it seems. fender seems to have more consistency but I've only really enjoyed playing their very expensive american models at least for strats... and I really don't like the huge baseball bat necks on some of the strats. I dig the tele's though

15. Suib

Suib Musical Journeyman

I have an '03 american fender standard and love it.

Def. fender imo

16. thinkfloyd07

thinkfloyd07 Senior Member

gibson is just better all around....cause really lets admit it we all want fenders just cause they are more popular....really the only one worth buying is strats

17. Captain Cannabis

Captain Cannabis Banned

yay gibson is winninng

18. Fellah

Fellah Member

A good vintage Gibson from the 60's-70's is my type of jamming guitar.

19. themnax

themnax Senior Member

moog

=^^=
    .../\...

20. Markymarkuss777

Markymarkuss777 Visitor

Hey Pepper girl. I can't send any Private Messages yet. How old are you? Where in Washington state are you from? Do you have myspace or anything?