Feelings of Joy. Feelings of Panic.

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by Peanuts, May 10, 2007.

1. Peanuts

Peanuts Nutz

I know I'm a nut but my emotions are all over the place. One moment I'm in the here & now enjoying feelings of joy that are well deserved and then I have moments that hit me like a ton of bricks...worry and panic. (maybe manic)

Do you have trouble with staying happy for a certain length of time without finding something to worry about? Do you feel you deserve to have happiness?

2. KozmicBlue

KozmicBlue Senior Member

I don't think happiness really has anything to do with one either deserving it or not deserving it... Happiness just is, and sometimes isn't. Just like any other feeling. If that makes sense..

3. alex714

alex714 To the Left

What do you tend to worry about? Is it little things, big things or, is it nonspecific panic (like an unexplainable wave of the feeling)?

And that is a "yes" to your first question, and an "I don't know" for the second.

4. myself

myself just me

Happiness is about feeling it. Deserving it or not... Can't control the feeling of happiness...

5. mynameiskc

mynameiskc way to go noogs!

happiness is just one emotion in the entire spectrum of human emotion. not being blissfully happy all the time is very very normal. being blissfully happy all the time is abnormal.

6. LuckyStripe

LuckyStripe Mundane.

idk, I get too up in my head sometimes and experience some anxiety. Sometimes I'll be perfectly content and then a bad mood will hit me. I don't much like it.

7. Hari

Hari Art thou Art

It depends on what you are drinking...

8. iloveu

iloveu Member

i think i have the same problem,it's so weird,sometimes im really happy
    and then all of the sudden i get this really pesimistic toughts..driving me crazy cuz i know there's nothin to worry about still i find myslef thinking about bad things might happen...

9. Peanuts

Peanuts Nutz

Hi Alex!

I'm in the process of buying a new home and selling the one we own. One second I'm thrilled and the next I'm in a panic that something is going to go wrong. I realize it's probably a "defense" mechanism but come on...I want to do kartwheels. Not stop before I'm ready to fly.

10. alex714

alex714 To the Left

Hey L.!

I think that is completely normal then. The stress and responsibility would make me anxious as well, where as the excitment would give me breaks of happiness. Are you moving far from where you are now? All I can say is try your best to be positive and expect positive rather than negative things.

11. Peanuts

Peanuts Nutz

Thank you Alex.

We are moving an hour away closer to Bill's family and some of mine. Our friends are all there though. It's a very positive move for our family. Such huge deals are very stressful.

Tonight we've had moments of happiness. Talking and planning is making me excited. Our buying deal is done but our selling deal just got started.

How have you been?

12. LuckyStripe

LuckyStripe Mundane.

Haha. Butting in .. I've realized that. How we really do deserve happiness and to achieve that there may be pan... but we all should be happy.

Wow, i have double visoin.

13. neponiatka

neponiatka Senior Member

man...i just feel the same
    good that i'm not alone at least:p
    i can be haay in one moment and totally sad the next one...that's sucks...

14. crummyrummy

crummyrummy Brew Your Own Beer Lifetime Supporter

maNY people wanna be happy on their own terms.

15. Peanuts

Peanuts Nutz

In my original post I said my happiness was deserved. I have to clarify something. I didn't mean that to sound stuck up or anything like that. I do think most people do deserve to be happy. (When I think of rapists and killers I have a hard time thinking they should be happy for robbing someone else of their happiness. however that is another topic)

Bill and I have really worked so hard for this future change of events. We sacrificed a lot moving to where we are now. I raised two babies by myself for 8 years with very little help other than Bill's help. We budgetted HARD to make this move happen. I want to shout from the roof tops! (after I check to make sure the roof is safe)

16. themnax

themnax Senior Member

emotions, i will grant, give a certain amount of depth to the experiencing of life.
    i have never found this sufficient reason however, to trust them any further then i could throw!

and i am sorry, but i refuse to tell myself the lies, that would make me what others might consider, more "human".

=^^=
    .../\...

17. Freekowtski

Freekowtski Member

Maybe bipolar disorder? hahaha! Just kiddin', man...

18. Peanuts

Peanuts Nutz

Yes. It's possible mixed in with some mania.