Feeling Depressed

Discussion in 'Mental Health' started by BakeDaily, Jul 16, 2013.

1. BakeDaily

BakeDaily Member

Alright so recently my parents caught me with a little over an ounce of pot so they can figure i was selling some also (i was some). Anyways now theyre making me quit and drug testing me and threatening me with sending me to a "Teens at Risk Program" which is basically where a bunch of kids are sent that have fucked up before. So I told them I wont smoke anymore so they wont have to send me there (I have actually quit for about a month now which is when all of this went down). Now Im not allowed to leave my property or go hangout with anyone, and no one really wants to come over that often since they basically are on lock down with me if they are at my house. You might think that my parents are going to get better as time goes on but my brother had almost the same thing happen when hew was my age and they never stopped treating him badly until he finally moved out after turning 18, when that happened my dad figured he fucked up with the first son so hes gotta "save me before its too late" so now my parents are being even harder on me than they were to my brother and I dont have anyone at all, where my brother had me when he had to deal with everything. Im 17 right now and have a half year till im 18 and can move out (my dad actually took all of my money saying he wont give it to me even after i turn 18 so he could try to make it impossible for me to move out, but luckily my cousin said he'll let me move in with him after my birthday and he'll let me get a job and everything before i have to start paying rent). The problem is now ive been gradually feeling more and more depressed but I cant do anything about it, i just have to wait another half year. Im never gonna be suicidal because i know that whatever anyones going through wont matter after a year or however long so why bother ending life when you still have so much ahead of you and anyone can make that rest of their lives happy and worth living. So yeah i think suiciodes staright stupid and would never even think of it but I just cant figure out anything to do to keep myself from getting more and more depressed, I know Ive only got 6 more months but its still so hard waiting 6 months as you slowly get more and more depressed. I was wondering if anyone knows anything I could do to feel a little better and anything I can do to help me deal with this shit for another 6 months?
    Sorry this was so long btw I just wanted you guys to understand the whole situation, so yeah any advice or tips for going through this would be awesome and very much appreciated.
    Thanks! :D

2. Volupta

Volupta Member

Why are you waiting to get a job??

Here's a crazy idea: get a job, save up money and show your parents that you can be independent and responsible. Then you'll actually be able to afford to move out and live your own life.

3. porkstock41

porkstock41 stay positive and love your life ~311

i agree. get a job now and save your money.

4. BakeDaily

BakeDaily Member

I already saved up like 4000 dollars and my parents took that money. They said if i get a job theyre gonna take that money too and not let me have it even when i turn 18 :/

5. porkstock41

maybe that's just a threat and they are holding onto your money until they know you can be more responsible with it.

i can't imagine your parents taking your paychecks and NOT giving the money back to you at some point.

6. eggsprog

eggsprog anti gang marriage HipForums Supporter

tell them that you'll call the cops if they don't give you your money back

7. BakeDaily

BakeDaily Member

I mean yeah theyre not straight up stealing my money but they said they were gonna try to make it impossible for me to move out by keeping it when I do turn 18, and my dads also signed onto my bank account so if anything goes into it he'll just take it out, and i cant open a different one cuz id need a parents signature also. Its fucked cuz i wasnt even spending the money I had, I was saving all of it so I could get an apartment the day I turn 18. Anyways thats not really a problem anymore, I'll be able to live with my cousin and not have to pay rent right away so that I can make money first, cuz basically Ive gotta wait till im 18 till I can make money to use after turning 18 haha
    I was more looking for ideas of what I could do to help get me through the next half year because its depressing being stuck at my house with my parents yelliung at me all the time even though ive made sure not to do anything agaisnt them like smoking again or anything. They just wont let it go and are gonna keep treating me badly, it happened to my brother and he was never able to get them to stop, hes even told me the only thing that got him through when he had to deal with them is that he had me and his girlfriend who he could talk to and we would support him. I dont have a girlfriend (cant really work on getting one while im on lockdown) and my brother lives a few states away. my cousin wants to be able to help me but my dad said im not allowed to see him at all anymore :/
    sorry again for the long post :b

8. FlyingFly

FlyingFly Dickens

They can't take your money when you are 18 and theres just few months till you reach that age. Don't smoke through this time and if you want to, try to rebuild their trust

on a side note,
    how exactly do they think locking his son for a year or so will fix whatever is wrong with him in their eyes?

9. porkstock41

if you get a job you will spend more time out of the house and away from your jerky parents. they should also become less jerky since you have a job.