feeding my fish

Discussion in 'Pets and Animals' started by RainbowCat, Jan 16, 2005.

1. RainbowCat

RainbowCat Senior Member

how often should a feed my Beta fish Ziggy? i feed him once in the morning, but that's it. i give him like 20 pieces of the flakes. is that enough or too much? a few time he ate his crap, but i've heard it's because he doesnt know better, but im not sure if i trust that because people always underestimate animals brains. i've heard some fish just keep eating, even if they're not hungry. hm... anyone else have a beta, or know how to feed it?

so, pretty much, how often sohuld i feed my beta and how much?

2. meishka

meishka Grease Munky

3. RainbowCat

RainbowCat Senior Member

i would feel wierd feeding it a dreid worm. i like to stick to flakes or pellets or such things.

4. Elle

Elle Senior Member

I saw a show about pet keeping the other day that was talking about how much to feed your fish. He said to put a *teeny* pinch in and watch the fish eat, once he has finished all the flakes (so none get left over and sink to the bottom thus making the water dirty) you can give him another pinch. I believe he said to do this for 30 seconds....? I could be wrong on that. But he said it is also good to watch your fish eat to get a good feel on how much they usually eat so that you will be able to tell if something isn't quite right with them should they stop eating altogether. Google "pet keeping with marc marrone". Thats the website for the show I saw, maybe it will have some info???

5. RainbowCat

RainbowCat Senior Member

i usualyl watch my fish eat because i think it's interesting. thank you. any other suggestions?