Federal government calls for special treatment of immigrants

Discussion in 'Latest Hip News Stories' started by Beach Ball Lady Balls, Sep 28, 2018.

1. Okiefreak

Okiefreak Senior Member

Islam is a religion, of considerable diversity,not a political ideology. Characterizing it that way is absurd. As for racism, you're right. Islam isn't a race, so Islamophobia can't be racism. But it's similar: religious bigotry. Because we don't have a special word for that, people often use the term "racism" imprecisely to characterize both phenomena, just as you use "fascism" imprecisely to refer to leftist authoritarian movements like Antifa. But really, you have no reason to feel superior, just because you're a religious bigot instead of a racist. They're equally as bad and stupid.

Last edited: Oct 8, 2018
    scratcho and stormountainman like this.
  2. Okiefreak

Okiefreak Senior Member

The Alt Right/AltLite defenders of western civilization strike me as pretty uncivilized. They might as well be savages with bones through their noses. The Visigoths and Vandals aren't at the gates--they're in the Oval Office, the halls of Congress, and now the Supreme Court. The values I associate with western civilization--the rule of law, due process, the Bill of Rights, separation of powers, equal protection of the laws--are the ones they want to roll back under the guise of protecting us from hijabs and burkas. The lumpen proletariat of unemployed gamers, trolls and other millennial male misfits who flock to the banners of Milo, Gavin and Jordan haven't a clue about the values of western civilization. I'm reminded of line from an old skit by Jonathan Winters, courtesy of my late father, describing an evening serving Nazi guests, where the character Mad dog says:"The Nazis are having a little banquet ...The usual thing, a little chamber music and then they kick the waiters to death." It's About TV: This week in TV Guide: February 17, 1968 The Wacky World of Jonathan Winters | TV Guide

Last edited: Oct 8, 2018
    scratcho and stormountainman like this.
  3. GuerrillaLorax

GuerrillaLorax along the peripheries of civilization

This all just proves my point, which I presume was unintentional on your part. The first Unite the Right 'broke the back' of the fascist street movement. Anti-fascists snuffed out their movement to the point where it's now once-again mostly underground. I'm glad I don't have to explain that further for you. But you think these neo-nazis just came out of nowhere for this one rally and all those other rallies being protested with the exact same people were somehow non-fascist/racist/xenophobic/misogynistic? That doesn't make much sense.

"Some fascist organizations disintegrated after the debacle in Charlottesville, and many still haven’t recovered. Patriot Prayer was in disarray; Richard Spencer scaled back his efforts to speak on university campuses; the Traditionalist Workers’ Party collapsed. A few months after “Unite the Right,” some anti-fascists felt confident enough to declare a provisional victory. However, a year later, fascists are reorganizing and trying new things.

Discouraged from pre-announced mass actions like Unite the Right, the explicitly Nazi organization Patriot Front has demonstrated a new pattern of surprise attacks via their appearances at the Houston Anarchist Book Fair and the San Antonio Occupy ICE camp. Thus far, these appear to be chiefly aimed at producing video footage with which to make advertisements for fascism, but the model could be used for much more destructive means.

Meanwhile, Joey Gibson of Patriot Prayer has figured out that if fascists can just hold off on publicly murdering people and deny having ties to overt white supremacists—however dishonestly—they can resume slowly building momentum while letting the police do most of their dirty work. He’s working with a volatile sector of the population—Proud Boys in Pinochet shirts—but he seems to be making his approach succeed where other fascist organizers have failed. We will surely see more groups like his attempting to rebrand fascist politics under the umbrella of patriotism, Christianity (or atheism), and other anodyne façades." - The Lessons of Charlottesville, a Year Later

"Without question, Unite the Right was a huge turning point for the various autonomous antiracist and anticapitalist movements. Both in terms that our side won the day, although we paid heavily for it, but moreover because we gained the respect of a large amount of the people that were both on the streets and beind their screens."

"Charlottesville broke the fucking back of the Alt-Right; a victory that we earned in blood, sweat, and hard work. Soon after Unite the Right, the Alt-Lite faction attempted to distance themselves as much as possible from the Alt-Right proper, while the militias gave stand down orders to not interfere with solidarity demonstrations happening in the wake of Heather Heyer’s murder. Soon after, the few Alt-Right rallies that were called for were either cancelled, or were drowned in a sea of massive resistance. Soon, even The Daily Stormer was saying antifascists were making it impossible to organize, and declared that the Alt-Right should return to the shadows.

In Boston, a handful of Alt-Right supporters led by Kyle “Based Stickman” Chapman, were surrounded by over 40,000 counter-demonstrators. Several weeks later, tens of thousands took to the streets of the bay area against two Alt-Right rallies, as labor unions organized support contingents and walked off the job in San Francisco. The next day, a black bloc of over 200 marched within the larger demonstration as the crowd cheered it on. “Welcome black bloc!,” came cries from the sound truck, as non-masked people cheered on those carrying anarchist flags and banners.

A month later in Gainesville, thousands likewise converged and successfully disrupted a talk by Unite the Right organizers Richard Spencer, Mike Peinovich, and Elliot Kline. Moreover, after the successful demonstration, supporters of Spencer that had been part of groups that were tasked with organizing the event, opened fire on a group of protesters and were arrested for attempted murder. This act only further cemented the public’s view of the Alt-Right as a group of murderers." - 2017 Capacity Expands, the State Responds, Full Steam Ahead

The fallout from Unite the Right was swift and intimidate. Militia members, especially in the Three Percenters issued “stand down” orders to their chapters to not get involved in demonstrations that exploded following the death of Heather Heyer.

Alex Jones, which like the Proud Boys had at times flirted with and ridden the wave of the Alt-Right, advanced the standard theory that the events in Charlottesville were completely staged, that the neo-Nazis weren’t real, and that it was all a setup by George Soros to create an excuse to clamp down on conservatives. Of course, the clampdown never happened, but Jones used his popular formula of claiming that a tragedy was in fact staged by conspiratorial forces, all to attack people just like Jones himself, especially at a time when his platform was receiving widespread support, even from the State.

Unite the Right killed the growing momentum of the “big-tent” far-Right coalition that had been on the rise since the clashes in Berkeley in April, 2017. Rallies organized by members of the far-Right were quickly surrounded and opposed by tens of thousands of people. In Boston, over 40,000 showed up to confront Kyle Chapman and others. Before the rally had even begun, Kyle Chapman kicked Augustus Invictus from the bill, for fear of being seen openly with him after his name had become so associated with Unite the Right, despite the fact that he himself was so deeply connected to it. Then a week later, tens of thousands more showed up to confront Chapman and Joey Gibson in San Francisco and then Berkeley. Again Augustus was scheduled to speak; again he did not even show. Soon, Chapman and Augustus were at each others throat on social media, with Augustus claiming that Chapman used the movement for drugs and women, and both accusing the other of being a white nationalist.

In many ways, this was just the tip of the ice-burg. Across the US, members of the far-Right and Alt-Right that were tied to the Charlottesville demonstrations were fired from their jobs, outed in their neighborhoods, and protested against at their schools. Journalists released hard hitting exposes ranging from white nationalists in the military, to Milo singing to Richard Spencer who gave Nazi salutes.

A dark cloud hung over the Right, and to cope, websites like InfoWars and The Gateway Pundit began a new strategy of trying to link everything from train crashes to mass shootings to antifascists. - Unite the Right, Patriot Prayer, Joey Gibson and the Proud Boys

"We approach the anniversary of August 11 and 12, 2017 with complicated feelings. As some Charlottesville residents have already written, the events of last summer left many scarred, both psychologically and literally. Sometimes it can feel like the car attack carried out by the fascist James Fields overshadows a very real victory that was hard won in the streets.

Since Charlottesville, we’ve watched fascist movements in the US fragment and collapse. The street power that the alt-right and other fascist groups had been building in the months leading up to August 2017 has disintegrated. Fascist spokesmen like Richard Spencer face resistance everywhere they go; Spencer has complained that doing public events and demonstrations “isn’t fun anymore.” Many of the fascist groups that went to Charlottesville have split up. While the white supremacist right is not defeated, they are weaker, and we can trace their decline to the fights of August 11 and 12." - Remembering Charlottesville

Yeah isn't that amazing! A glorious day after 2 years of excruciating work. Seeing the fash get run underground.

"On August 12, Charlottesville fascist Jason Kessler attempted to hold the sequel to last year’s “Unite the Right” rally in Washington, DC. It did not go well for him. In the end, 2000 police struggled to protect two dozen fascists from thousands of anti-fascists and other foes of tyranny."

The US government spent $2.6 million to force the fascist rally upon the people of Washington, DC. Let’s do the math: that’s over $100,000 per fascist for a rally that lasted an hour at most. Would the US spend anything like that to protect a rally organized by any other sector of the population? On the contrary, when anarchists and other advocates of liberation organize public events, the government usually spends millions of dollars to repress us, often breaking its own laws in order to do so. This shows what a farce the “free speech” defense of fascist recruiting drives is—this is not an abstract question of rights, but a concrete matter of the US government asymmetrically investing resources in promoting the spread of fascism.

To put a number on it, then, the kind of “free speech” that enabled Kessler and his like to recruit someone to murder Heather Heyer is worth $100,000 per hour per fascist to the US government.Those are your tax dollars at work. - Perspectives on the Aug 12th Mobilization in D.C.

Okiefreak likes this.
  4. 6-eyed shaman

6-eyed shaman Sock-eye salmon

If I recall from an old post of yours you said this:

Maybe we should ask our friend @GuerrillaLorax which right wing entity he's working for. Hey man, are you working for Breitbart? The GOP? Or maybe the Koch Bothers?

As long as a faction of the left supports political violence, resentment will be headed your way. I think there's still time for them to improve themselves and regain the image as the party of peace once again, but first you're gonna have to purge yourselves of your violent goons who use McCarthyism to smear innocent people as white supremacists and fascists.

What Brandon Straka is doing, is he is creating a focus group for the Democrats to research and get a full examination as to how they can keep their loyal party voters from leaving and going away. In other words, "How do we keep our slaves from running off our plantation?" They could use this as an opportunity to work out all the weaknesses and strengths in their marketing campaign. But instead, people like you are dismissing all these people as fake ex-liberals and Russian bots. What a shame.

5. 6-eyed shaman

I would argue that those who mischaracterize Islam as a race, by assuming that all Arabs, Persians, Western Asians, and Northern Africans, are all Muslim, is borderline racist.

At what point do you feel that criticizing a religion becomes religious bigotry? Does harassing the westboro baptist church with a counter protest constitute religious bigotry?

6. Okiefreak

Okiefreak Senior Member

Last edited: Oct 9, 2018
    stormountainman likes this.
  7. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

It has been explained several times on this forum already, often in threads you were active in as well, so i have a hard time believing this is news to you but:

No one is characterizing islam as a race when they call certain anti immigration folks or their arguments racist. It is done because there is usually an aspect of ethnic discrimination.
    You're the one who seems to be characterizing islam as something its not: a political movement. Probably because of political organisations like the Muslim brotherhood or the fact that there's no proper seperation between religion and state in some countries with a big islamic majority.

8. 6-eyed shaman

There've been plenty of times I've been called "racist" by people on here and elsewhere when I've criticized Islam.

While there are predominantly Muslim countries that do not abide by Sharia law, there is still strong support for Sharia law within those nations. Under Sharia law, women's rights are little to non-existant, shoplifters get their hands chopped off, and more. There are even sharia courts popping up in countries where muslims are still a minority, like Canada.

Life under sharia, in Canada?
    Sharia Law in Canada.

9. Okiefreak

Okiefreak Senior Member

And as long as a faction on the right, like the Klan, Neo-nazis, Stormers, Proud Boys, etc, support political violence, resentment will be headed your way. As I recall, a woman was murdered by a white supremacist at Charlottesville, and it didn't go over well with the American public. Without Antifa, who would stand up to the "Jews Will Not Replace Us" crowd and show how pathetically impotent they are? Violence begets violence. As for McCarthyism, the closest thing I see to that on the national scene is Jordan Peterson and his crusade against the Po Mo Marxists.

"All these people" in Vladvostolk. Omsk, and Nizhny Novogrod? But they can't vote here, at least not legally. Neither can the bots. As for the domestic trolls, those lost manchildren are hopeless.

10. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

Was it a theological matter or pertaining to the believers? I know you stated several times you don't have a problem with muslims/hate muslims, but the religion and that you seperate that. But most of your issues with islam stem directly from practices of muslims or happenings involving muslims (like immigration to western countries, which will destroy western nations and civilisations and not only that: its done by design. .. according to your own words. Who's design btw?)

That certain muslims are arguing for sharia law doesn't make islam on itself a political movement.

11. 6-eyed shaman

LOL you say you don't endorse Antifa or violent left wing mobs, but here you are defending them.

You might like the idea of inflicting violence on those with ugly, hateful, and racist opinions and denying them of their first amendment rights. But one day, the pendulum can swing the other way. Depriving leftists, Keynesians, and Marx aficionados of their first amendment rights and justifying violence against them too.

This is why freedom of speech is so important. Hate groups being able to speak their opinions is a negative side affect of a free society. I can't stand them just as much as you. But I'd rather let them be able to talk rather than the alternative where people like you and me can be whisked away in the night for the wrong opinion.

Baseless accusations and denialism. Thank you for proving my point.

More proof the left is cannibalizing itself.

12. Okiefreak

Okiefreak Senior Member

No. I emphatically reject aggression, but believe in appropriate defense. And I never endorse violence to suppress unwelcome ideas. In those respects, I reject Antifa's philosophy.

More yada yada from a right wing troll still trying to make us think there's a there there. Thanks for proving mine.

scratcho likes this.
  13. 6-eyed shaman

TL;DR

Well I skimmed through most of this.

First, I'm pretty sure last year the white nationalists were protesting the removal of a statue, which is why they gathered from all across the country. What reason did they have to come together this year?

Second, while I'm disgusted by hate groups, they did manage to get a permit to protest. Reports did say that they started the violence first by harassing innocent bystanders. Some say it was the counterprotesters that threw the first punch. To me, I don't give a damn who swung first. I saw it as nothing more than two fascist hate groups fighting each other.

I thought the torch bearers were dumb for leaving their klan masks behind. Makes it very easy for a doxxing, which inevitably happened to a lot of them.

It's pretty disgusting you guys are exploiting a young woman's death as political gain for your cause.

The reason unite the right was a dud this year, is because there was no reason for white supremacists to protest. The media wanted another battle to divide the country. They wanted to exploit a white nationalist protest to evoke fear of a racist uprising that isn't actually happening.

Now fast forward to 2018, at the aniversary of unite the right, Pantifa didn't find enough neo-nazis to fight, so what did they do? They took all their piss and vinegar out on cops and journalists.

Antifa clashes with police and journalists in Charlottesville and DC

14. Okiefreak

Okiefreak Senior Member

She was a martyr. We shouldn't forget why she died, and by whom. Her death wasn't in vain.

Nice try at damage control. Blame it on a media conspiracy.

Overgeneralizing again, are we? The story starts off: "Sunday’s counterprotests against the white nationalist “Unite the Right 2” rally in Washington, DC, were largely peaceful....But a few left-wing “antifa” (short for “anti-fascist”) counterprotesters did engage in violence, throwing eggs and water bottles and shooting fireworks at police officers and some journalists who were covering the demonstrations." What about "largely peaceful" and "a few" don't you understand?

stormountainman likes this.
  15. stormountainman

stormountainman Soy Un Truckero

Daphanie Carawana was murdered in Malta because she had discovered money laundering in Panama, at Trump Hotel.

16. Okiefreak

Okiefreak Senior Member

https://www.sapiens.org/culture/sharia-united-states/
    These statements are misleading. True, there is strong support for Sharia in Muslim countries that don't abide by Sharia; e.g.,they don't eat pork. There is strong support for kosher in Jewish communities, too, even if some aren't orthodox. Is that a problem? As I've explained often enough, there are five schools of Sharia, ranging from the liberal Hanafi to the ultra-strict Hanbala, limited to Saudi Arabia and Qatar. Shoplifters get their hands chopped off in Saudi Arabia, but 52 of the 57 nations of the Organization of Islamic Co-operation (Muslim-identified governments) don't allow that. As for sharia courts "popping up" in non-Muslim countries like Canada, those are arbitration panels for Alternative Dispute Resolution of civil cases outside the courts. In arbitration, parties can stipulate through contractual agreements the body of rules that will govern the proceedings, so long as they are consistent with the civil laws of the host country, state or province, including the elements of due process. Subject to that proviso, I see nothing wrong with Muslims using sharia, Jews using rabbinical courts and halakah, or Catholics using canon law to settle their private disputes, as an alternative to litigation. https://www.sapiens.org/culture/sharia-united-states/ Under the U.S. Supreme Court: Islamic law in U.S. courts
    Where women are concerned, the prophet Mohammad himself affirmed a women a right to own property, receive education, and hold a job. The rights of women vary greatly from one Muslim country and system of sharia to another. Curiously, a country where women's rights are notoriously restricted, Saudi Arabia, and also the one whose nationals were most conspicuously involved in the 9-11 terrorist attack in the United States, is one which is exempt from immigration restrictions in the U.S.

Muslims currently make up about 1.1% of the U.S. population and 3.2% of the Canadian population. They have a long way to go before they become the majority religion in either country. It won't happen in our lifetimes, nor those of our children, if ever. I think a more serious clear and present danger is the spread of virulent anti-immigrant nativism, spread by propagandists like you-- infecting the western world with fear, in the service of right-wing political demagogues.

GuerrillaLorax likes this.
  17. McFuddy

McFuddy Visitor

Muslims! ! Ahhhhh!

18. GuerrillaLorax

To unite the right...? Try to reignite the street presence the extreme-right lost one year prior.

She was an anti-fascist murdered by fascists... It's pretty disgusting you're trying to take away meaning from her brutal murder.

After swift victory over Unite the Right 2 the bloc did start marching to the ICE facility 10 blocks away. Just before reaching it the cops did get in the way, and a short scuffle ensued.

Journalists did try to take footage of folks who didn't want to be filmed, which occasionally happens, and they were confronted for it:

"...a few reactionary media outlets have taken this opportunity to accuse anti-fascists of being “violent” towards journalists for discouraging them from filming. This is the same thing they did last year two weeks after the violence in Charlottesville, when the editors of various corporate media publications attempted to create a false equivalency between fascists recruiting to carry out murder and genocide and anti-fascists mobilizing in self-defense.

In a time when fascists go through video footage identifying anti-fascists in order to intimidate and terrorize them and far-right Republican Congressmen are attempting to aid and abet them via new legislation, it should not come as a surprise to anyone that anti-fascists discourage people from filming them without permission. If these journalists are really concerned about this issue, they should prioritize helping to create a world in which no one needs to fear being documented, identified, and attacked by fascists or police just for attempting to defend their communities. Instead, several journalists have prioritized assisting fascists like Kessler in getting his message out." - Perspectives on the August 12th Anti-Fascist Mobilization in DC

Okiefreak likes this.
  19. Okiefreak

Okiefreak Senior Member

The new slogan of Republicans is that Democrats are too unstable to govern because they believe in----"MOB RULE". Trump said this at his recent rally in Nebraska, and it's been picked up by the Right wing echo chamber at Fox. This as he leads his mob in the chant "Lock 'er up", this time not directed at Hillary but at Diane Feinstein! Look for this theme in future post by MAGA zombies on these forums.
    MOB RULE, MOB RULE, MOB RULE, MOB RULE, MOB RULE!!! Got it?

20. GuerrillaLorax

Thank you Okiefreak for that amazing rundown on Sharia law! Coincidently to tie together discussions on white-supremacy and Sharia law, is the disgusting term coined by the fash "White-Sharia".

And a heads up to those checking out the link, there is consistent mention of extreme white male supremacy, violence and murder. I'll try and take some excerpts that aren't too horrific.

"If you haven’t already guessed, the “white sharia” meme is both an elaborate troll and a window into the twisted minds of the misogynists that populate the alt-right. In an article promoting “white sharia” on the gutturally racist website The Daily Stormer, Neo-Nazi provocateur Andrew Anglin wrote “WHITE SHARIA is coming in and it is coming in fast like a SONIC BOOM.”

Anglin defined “white sharia” as the counterpart to “Islamic Sharia AKA Sandni**er Sharia,” and claimed it would be a powerful bulwark against the Jews and their “Islamic hordes.” In essence, it’s the idea that the brutal subjugation of women and gays is necessary to protect Western civilization, just like (Andrew Anglin believes) Islamic law does in the Middle East.

In an infographic depicting both ISIS leader Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi and Bane from The Dark Knight Rises, Anglin noted that each version “puts sluts in check,” “throws homos off roofs,” “brutally crushes enemies,” and “eliminates the jewish [sic] problem.” Where they differ, he wrote, is that Islamic sharia is devoted to the “global caliphate” while the goal of “white sharia” is “global white supremacy.”

"As he later wrote after realizing how many people just didn’t get it, “What the meme represents – the symbol behind it – is simply restoring the patriarchal system that all European societies had up until the middle of the 19th century.” He stated that the meme was “serving its purpose,” which is to “change the way people think.”

"Joe_Smith explained that “white sharia” is “hyperbole,” meant to restore “normal sexual dynamics.” He added that Muslims are “a bit brutal but way closer to nature than the Jewish west.” Another registered user, carl_sebastian, claimed that there “is a case to be made for reducing females to property” and that no more than one percent of women should be able to vote.
    [​IMG]
    Other white nationalists are far more enthusiastic. Take The War Room, a podcast hosted by white supremacist military veterans Sacco and Vanzetti Vandal, for example. In one episode, the pair joined with Sigurd Vandal, Mayhem Vandal, and Niggy Vandal to discuss “white sharia” and “white rape gangs” — white men who will use rape as a tool to “correct” women’s behavior."

Okiefreak likes this.