Federal government calls for special treatment of immigrants

Discussion in 'Latest Hip News Stories' started by Beach Ball Lady Balls, Sep 28, 2018.

1. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

@6-eyed shaman

You're ignoring my question about above post for a reason? Were you just joking?
    If not, why not answer these sincere questions (they're pretty fair and logical reactions to such a claim right?):

2. Asmodean

No, it was you. Own your shit.

3. 6-eyed shaman

6-eyed shaman Sock-eye salmon

I looked at your sources and they do nothing but beat around the bush. You have not given me an irrefutable example of Jones or Goldy actually promoting white supremacy. Again, you're creating a strawman.

OK then, why not humiliate them in a non-violent way? I advocate the non-aggression principle

That's odd, it seems to me like the media has been rather nice to your klan by giving Pantifa a positive light.

Then again, maybe when you say that the fascists with the power and privilege get more airtime and visibility for their ideas, maybe you mean you.

The more you type, the more you confirm my belief that fascism flows through your veins, and you are numb to your own hatred.

It might be for all I know. Most likely it's one of your comrades from Berkeley, demonstrating the platform of the Black Bloc

No it doesn't bother me. While I hate political violence of all kinds, I love Antifa!!

Antifa's domestic terrorism, violence, and fascism, is driving peaceful, sensible, and civil individuals far away from left wing causes. Like this guy:

If there's anyone who's going to stop far left ideologies from spreading, it's going to be Antifa. And I'll I need to do is sit back, relax, and watch the left cannibalize themselves.

Last edited: Oct 6, 2018
  4. 6-eyed shaman

No I just wanted to see how far you'd take this.

If you bring large amounts of unskilled immigrants from countries that cannot afford to subsidize their poor, to a wealthier country that will give them $15000 a year for merely existing without work, you could forever change a country culturally and politically, as they will outnumber the country's native population over time. And when you have a populace dependent on government income, they become easier to control, and buy votes from. Securing the position of power of the ruling class forever, and making sure the common people never better themselves.

These big hearted small brained policies have dire consequences

Beach Ball Lady Balls likes this.
  5. Beach Ball Lady Balls

Beach Ball Lady Balls Banned

No, sorry, you also are wrong, number 3. Memory loss or mistaken identity? I admit to call nose as I did, but I hate to break it to you, I never gave Melilla that name she claims I did. Her memory is not serving her and it is not serving you either.

6. Beach Ball Lady Balls

Just to add.

Don’t forget we can not house our own homeless and look after our own backyard financially, so why take in illegal people who didn’t go through the proper channels as so many do? And the Canadians are expected to pay for it whether they work or not. The government is offering to pay wages when they are hired over Canadians who are not finding jobs nor receiving government backing.

7. Meliai

Meliai Banned

I thought this thread was about helping them find work.

GuerrillaLorax likes this.
  8. GuerrillaLorax

GuerrillaLorax along the peripheries of civilization

Because they themselves are violent, and murder. People do often try to protest non-violently, like renowned pacifist Cornell West:

But they learn fast that non-violence doesn't work with people organizing for ethnic cleansing. And this isn't to mention that the vast majority of antifascist work is non-violent when they're not preventing fascists from recruiting.

"I left Charlottesville the next day to return home. I drove home with an endless amount of questions swimming through my head, not knowing if I will ever receive answers. My theology was deeply challenged that day as I stood on that clergy line. I realized how deeply I am already part of the violence of white supremacy even if I committed to a nonviolent protest and even if I denounce the neo-Nazis. I wondered what it means to witness against white supremacy today as a white Christian in light of the rise of the Alt-Right. I wondered if this rise in Nazism requires a different response than what I would normally advocate.

I had to watch as neo-Nazis came charging in by the dozens and forcefully plowed toward the clergy blockade. A blanket of fear engulfed me as I watched my friend stand there not knowing if she would make it out of there alive. If antifa had not eventually stood between the clergy blockade and the neo-Nazis, my friends would have either been badly beaten or died." - Report From Clergy at Charlottesville

After the fascist terrorist attack in Charlottesville the whole world realized how important anti-fascism was and the media temporarily was in favor for a couple weeks, to keep up ratings. But that pendulum didn't stay on the side of anti-fascists for long. And it's gone both ways as even the pathetic liberal media outlet Vice did a piece with white-supremacist Richard Spencer.

"The intention was clearly to impose a limit on the amount of popular legitimacy anti-fascists would be permitted to accrue after the events in Charlottesville. Two weeks of positive coverage of anti-fascists, during which various members of the clergy came forward to praise their efforts, were deemed to be too much. Heather Heyer’s murder had taken corporate media by surprise, interrupting their conventional narratives and proving that the threat anti-fascists had supposedly been blowing out of proportion was all too real. It took corporate editors two weeks to regain control of the discourse. As soon as they did, they reimposed their old stereotypes as if Heather had never been killed.

This should put an end to any illusions we might have had that corporate media could side with anti-fascists. Outlets like the Washington Post aspire to position themselves against both Trump and his adversaries in the streets—to occupy what some call “the extreme center.” They are gambling that the current polarization of society is temporary, that they can be the beneficiaries of disillusionment with both sides.

Anti-fascists have to strategize about how to organize and legitimize our efforts to the general public without the benefit of positive media coverage. This is no easy task. At the minimum, it will demand our own grassroots media, at the same time that this media is under systematic assault from right-wing trolls.

Following the clashes in Charlottesville and the massive anti-fascist demonstrations afterwards in Durham, Boston, and the Bay Area, the struggle against fascism has arrived in the consciousness of the general public. Tens of thousands of people are realizing that the fight against fascism didn’t end in 1945—that today, as increasingly authoritarian governments collude with ascendant fascist movements, this battle is more pressing than ever." - Anti-Fascism has Arrived, Here's where it Needs to go

This is a new one. But nope. What grew out of the need to combat the strongest fascist movement in decades just happens to be the strongest social movement since Occupy, possibly even more so. The anarchist movement has at least tripled in the last couple years, and the popularization of direct action and distrust in the status quo has never been stronger.

Last edited: Oct 7, 2018
    stormountainman likes this.
  9. Okiefreak

Okiefreak Senior Member

[/QUOTE]Still trying to push that phony "ex leftist" as though he's somebody, instead of a hairdresser trying to sell himself as an ex-leftist who turned rightest, as though anybody cares. Sad.

10. GuerrillaLorax

And what are you doing for the homeless? I know the ones helping the homeless the most are also the ones smuggling in refugees and keeping them alive. Opening up closed buildings to house them all. Operating kitchens and free stores all across the country. What are you doing? Or what is your conservative solution, keep closing more shelters and making it harder and harder for the homeless to survive?

11. Beach Ball Lady Balls

Well I am most certainly not helping to increase the homeless population by housing people who illegally enter the country in condemned buildings That I have n9 permission to use and don’t belong to me....and most certainly not contributing and escalating the problem in the manner in which you do. Maybe the ones, you helping the homeless in your city are also responsible for the people shitting in the streets and creating unhealthy living conditions.

I support stopping illegal border jumpers into my country and money being wasted on these individuals when that money the government freely gives could be directed into helping those in our own backyard first. On healthcare, Canadians who are homeless. This is not on the government agenda. Instead the are looking to increase the population in this country, giving jobs and housing to refugees rather than the people who are Canadian!

In Toronto alone 64.5 milliion has been spent on housing illegal immigrants so far this year.. Not on housing homeless Canadians, but on housing illegal people in this city at the expense of Canadians.

Until the government prioritizes and put Canadians first, there is truly little i can do to rectify thing until the government changes its policies and priorities, which I do fight against. I do what I can, but most certainly doesn’t involve illegally increasing the population as you pride yourself in doing of a city that is struggling in itself. I volunteer and have my priorities which does not involve housing illegals. Seems to me you are glorifying a slum landlord who provides unfit living conditions, and in buildings that do not belong to you.

This policy the government wants to implement will also give the government control somewhat over who companies can and can not hire, Those They will be encouraged to hire will not be the homeless Canadian, or the Canadian injured war vet, but will be to hire illegal border jumpers, temporary refugees and immigrant, non citizens first. The new buzz word here is INCLUSION which is to exclude Canadians in the work place.

170 000 estimated homeless Canadians in Ontario (most of those in the gta) and the government has allocated 30 million a year over 3 years to assist for all of Ontario, while the government happily gives more than double that for just one city alone within a very large province to house illegal immigrants.

6-eyed shaman likes this.
  12. Noserider

Noserider Goofy-Footed Member

I'll woulI totally start a punk band with Mel

13. GuerrillaLorax

These are houseless people we're talking about.. It's hard enough finding public washrooms as someone with various privileges let alone a houseless person.

Yeah waiting for the government to do things usually takes a while. If ever at all.

Where did I glorify a slum landlord? I despise landlords. They're the ones that created one of the worst housing crisies in the world. There are at least 65,000 empty houses in Toronto alone that have been empty for over 1 year, usually for many years. And those are just the houses.

You do know that the housing crises as been getting worse for decades right? Long before the regugee crises happened. The reason for it is gentrification, not refugees haha.

You are right that the government needs to increase social assistance for houseless folks and to push businesses to hire them. They also need to stop closing shelters and open more as the shelters that still exist are constantly around 100% capacity. As well as affordable housing, instead of condos that are starting to make canada a laughing stock around the world.

And you do know that this employment program is only for the cherry picked few qualified refugees that were welcomed in, right? Not for "illegals".

Here is a list of goals and demands from some of those actually fighting homelessness in southern Ontario:
    1. Raise social assistance rates in Ontario so that people can afford to stay housed.
    2. Stop boarding up public housing and create real social housing to meet the need that exists.
    3. Open enough homeless shelter space so that the system is not running above 90% capacity.
    4. Open shelters mainly in the central area where they’re most needed with an emphasis on low barrier facilities.
    5. End the criminalization of people who use drugs and address the poisoned drug supply with evidence-based, harm reduction measures
    6. Legalize and regulate all drugs, rapidly develop prescription heroin and hydromorphone programs in Ontario.
    7. Extend the funding of current overdose prevention sites and expand access to SIS and OPS sites.
    8. Politicians must stop providing legitimacy to gentrifying residents and business interests organizing against homeless people and poor drug users
    9. Treat the kind of articles that have appeared in the Sun as incitement to hatred rather than journalism.
    - OCAP

14. Beach Ball Lady Balls

Foreign buyer, investors is the biggest Problem with prices. When the government of Ontario imposed a tax on foreign buyers the housing market here dropped 13.5 percent and in other areas like Peterborough it dropped 60 percent.

The uninhabited houses in Toronto that you speak of are houses that are for sale by owners. You are not suggesting that these homes be given to illegal homeless people in Toronto, are you?

Once the drop in price happened and the tax impossed on foreign buyers occurred, selling your house became more difficult. Bidding wars were not happening. So houses that are still asking a premium are holding out for the price they want to recover costs. And now John tory wants to add an additional tax on these vacant for sale homes.

It is not gentrification causing a housing shortage. You realize that over 40 percent of those in homeless shelters in toronto are refugees and illegals?

1 in five housing purchases in Toronto was a foreign buyer, until the tax was imposed and this caused the housing cost to drop. Buyers could no longer recover the price they paid for houses and banks who offered the loans re-evaluated the home value and would not back the mortgage anymore. A sold house now became unsold, vacant anD sits on the market. Average mortgage In Toronto is 2500 a month plus the cost of utilities. So that tells you righ5 there 5hat renters have to pay a pretty penny to live here as well. You can’t rent a house for less than you pay in a mortgage and less than the maintenance of a property costs the owner.. houseless people, they can find a room to rent in the city... they don’t deserve a house.

There is no room in toronto to build anymore, the waiting list for housing in Toronto is a 5 year waiting list for Canadians This is not because there is not enough housing, it is because of an over population of a city and over 40 percent of homeless are refugees and illegal immigrants who do not work. The problem is not torontonians problem. The solution is to send the refugees and illegals elsewhere. The problem is the they do not want to move elsewhere. They can’t tear down more historical homes in Toronto to make way for another high rise.

49.7 percent of Toronto is foreign born immigrants. That is according to stats can in 2016. This number has grown in the last two years. 356,930 Immigrants have made Toronto their home in the last 3 years. For a city with the population of 2.4 million, this is a significant number and is a huge drain on a city that is over populated and can’t look after their own.

There are over 460 000 people in all of Ontario receiving government assistance. This number does not include the refugees and border jumpers who are living off the Canadian tax payers.

Increase homeless shelters? You realize shelters here are only 90 percent filled. In the winter beds are increased to take in those who want to get out of the cold. Many homeless are mentally ill and do not want to stay in a shelter as well. Opac wants 1000 additional beds but only 400 were added last year and keeping those beds full was difficult. Most homeless shelters are in the down town core but there are some in other areas along subway routes. Motels are used for housing families, mostly immigrants. Not to mention opac is demanding expropriation of peo0les property. I d9 not agree with expropriation of peoples property.

There has been a huge jump in the last two years.

upload_2018-10-7_20-29-12.jpeg

15. Okiefreak

Okiefreak Senior Member

Source(s)?

Last edited: Oct 8, 2018
  16. Okiefreak

Okiefreak Senior Member

17. 6-eyed shaman

How many neo-nazis showed up to this year's unite the right? I sure remember the media eagerly hyping it up with real big anticipation for another shit show. Hoping to push more fear of a white nationalist takeover of our country, just as they did last year.

Radical groups, other activists plan counterprotest for 'Unite the Right 2' rally in D.C.

But how many white nationalists actually showed up? To the media's disappointment, less than 20-40 at best according to CBS. Whereas there were thousands of counter protesters and Pantifa.

"Unite the Right" rally today: Counter-protesters outnumber white nationalists in Washington, D.C. - live updates - CBS News

It's rather sad that your only legitimate claims that your so-called "anti-fascist" movement that stands for anything good, is when you're getting into fights with REAL white supremacists that one day in August 2017 (not your imaginary strawmen).

But please, keep on being you. I like you. People like you dressing in masks and terrorizing people is redpilling more and more people every single day.

18. 6-eyed shaman

I've seen his leftist rants in his social media history dating back to 2015. But you're the same guy who actually thought that the Black Bloc and Antifa was invented by Breitbart to make the left look bad at a Milo event. So I couldn't expect any less from you.

19. Okiefreak

Okiefreak Senior Member

No, I'm the guy who thought the attribution of particular violence to Antifa (along with George Soros and BLM) might be an attempt on the part of Breitbart to hype it as an all-purpose boogeyman to stir up hatred against the Left--as I still do. The point isn't that Straka was never a leftist. The point is he was a nonentity and is a creature of hype . His right wing handlers must have decided let's see if we can take a random struggling leftist doofus off the street and use fake accounts, astroturfed tweets, bots, and trolls to spread the news that he and his conversion are a big deal. Maybe George Soros will do the same for you some day, if you're willing to make the necessary ideological adjustment.

Last edited: Oct 8, 2018
  20. Asmodean

How far I would take this? You're the one who made an extreme claim in this thread implying something very serious (and at first instance very retarded). And no, you did not adequately explain how it is done by design to destroy nations/civilisations and what convinced you that it is done with that motive in mind.
    So I'm not taking things crazy far at this point. You are.