Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas

Discussion in 'Hippies' started by Donvito1122, Jun 13, 2006.

1. Donvito1122

Donvito1122 Hippy Teacher to be!

Ok...so some of us have watched Fear and Loathing, others of us have tripped, and the braver still have watched Fear and Loathing while tripping...my hat's off to you few I don't think I could ever do that. Anway..I thought I would start a poll that asked if you thought it did a good job depicting a trip. I personally think it did an amazing job...the best I can find to show non-trippers what it is like to trip on some hardcore drugs. I personally have had a situation like when He was in the car debateing weather he said something out loud or not. I think this movie depects every drug mentioned great except the adrenelin...when he see's his lawyer turn into a beast...other than that I think they did a wonderfull job. Also read the book if you haven't. If you thought the movie was a trip..wait till you read it. If you read it on drugs, pref grass, you will get so involved you feel like you are tripping as much as he is...it's crazy.

Peace to all, and happy tripping,

Al

2. Venerablebede

Venerablebede Member

Eh...the movie wobbled around the visual edges of what a high-but-still functioning trip LOOKED like, but I think movies are eye-bound, and can't convey anything of the totality of the experience. Hunter Thompson's novel -- written by a serious blotter chewer -- mainly described trips for humor, excellent humor.

The best descriptions of what an acid trip looked like, felt like, exploded like are by Tom Wolfe in "Electric Kool-Aid Acid Test." He nails it again and again. The odd and ironic thing is: Wolfe says he never dropped. But he sure got it right.

3. Donvito1122

Huh, never heard of that one...I'll have to look into it. Your right about the visuals...the do a great job of showing the confusion/distractions you face while tripping...but they don't stimulate the hearing at all...they sometimes slow it down..but when I trip I usually get an underwater sound..anyone else get that or just me?.

4. prismatism

prismatism loves you

nothing can artificially recreate the actual experience, but that movie is like seeing a picture of a friend you miss. there are a lot of moments where i think "I KNOW EXACTLY WHAT THEY'RE TRYING TO DO!" but i don't think i would if i hadn't felt it myself.

5. OnlyOne

OnlyOne Banned

du nut b leave duh tv.

6. cerridwen

cerridwen in stitches

it's a well acted film, at least - entertaining.

7. Donvito1122

Yeah...they are very good actors. I don't think I could pull that off...it's just crazy..the way johnny wobbles around and shit...crazy. BTW Prism...love the hair..;)

Peace

Al

8. Lainey

Lainey Member

i think they do a good job showing the intensity, but personally the visuals n such are not quite accurate, though what were they on anyway? lsd-25? hmmm, yeah, it was accurate enuff

9. prismatism

prismatism loves you

thanksss :). it's orange and yellow now though. i've gotta change my picture...

10. Silentnewage

Silentnewage Member

I just loved the movie in general, haha.

11. ashbury1500haight

ashbury1500haight Member

The book was better than the movie imo. Its just a lot more interesting to read than to watch ya know? still its a great fuckin movie.

12. prismatism

prismatism loves you

i saw the book at the library and read just a tiny little bit out of some random part in the middle, and i was kind of sad. because one of the things i really liked about the movie was the way johnny depp acted and talked. but i'm sure if i read the whole thing i would love the book. so i have no right to talk and this is mumbo jumbo :).

13. ashbury1500haight

ashbury1500haight Member

well if you've seen the movie and read the book, its like you can picture the movie in your head and see whats going on but the book adds more detail and... i cant really say what im trying to say but yeah its cool :p

14. OnlyOne

OnlyOne Banned

makez duh stonerz look stupid and mean, nut my kin uv roll model, I have long hair an am a plant eater.