FBI private investigations...

Discussion in 'Politics' started by ImmortalDissident, Jan 6, 2005.

1. ImmortalDissident

ImmortalDissident Senior Member

I want to know why the hell the FBI has a 2,397 page file on Al Capone, one of the most wanted men in history... but has a 4,101 page file on Abbie Hoffman, nearly the same amount of pages as they have on Committee of Liaison with Families of Servicemen Detained in North Vietnam between '70 and '73.

Who else was investigated more thoroughly than the most notorious gangster in American history? Moorish Science Temple of America - pacifists who refused to fight the war and The Student Nonviolent Coordinating Committee who's primary focus was voter registration in the south.

This just seriously enrages me. Well not so much rage, as passion. I mean, sure it's one thing to fight for peace and love and nonviolence... but I think we've forgotten where to start, which is at home, our own government. Our government is at it's liberty to investigate anyone, in pretty much any way they want. It's ridiculous, outrageous and wrong. They spend billions of dollars each year on investigations of private citizens. Regular citizens!

Our country is just... I have no words for it. But I had to bitch about it for a moment.

Thank you for your time, and enjoy your day.

2. RevoMystic

RevoMystic Member

If you haven't seen it, watch "Steal This Movie" about Abbie Hoffman's life. It's a pretty dang cool movie, and gives some insight into how the FBI functions when dealing with a revolutionary movement.

3. ImmortalDissident

ImmortalDissident Senior Member

I have seen "Steal This Movie," Abbie is one of my biggest influences. However, the movie disgusts me to the marrow. I'm going to do some more research and write some letters... not that I'd get a response, but at least I'd feel a little better... still passionate, but better.

The most shocking part for me in the movie was at the end when the fact comes up that the govt. budgets $2.9 BILLION PER YEAR (and that could have just been what they spent in the 60s and 70s, I'm not sure how current the number is) on private investigations of radicals and revolutionaries.

4. Sera Michele

Sera Michele Senior Member

Ugh, they are spending our own money to investigate us. There is a lot I would like to do with 2.9 billion, investigating activists is not one of them. Hell, what about tsunami aid?

5. kitty fabulous

kitty fabulous smoked tofu

i believe the words you may be searching for are that our country, or, more specifically, our counrty's government, is frequently UNjust.

6. RevoMystic

RevoMystic Member

frequently? that would be true decades ago! hehe
    But now it's not so much the government...but the financial institutions in COLLUSION with governments around the world trying to lead the planet into a new order of corporate and military dominance where the rich control everything. Sounds like a great futuristic-sci-fi movie right? Even Lord of the Rings-esque...well, welcome to the future...or the past, however you wanna look at it.