Favourite meats?

Discussion in 'Meat' started by jim_w, Apr 20, 2005.

1. jim_w

jim_w Member

What animal/cut do you like best? I used to be very squeamish (ex-veggie), so fillet steak or lean chicken fillets were what I liked. Now I'm much better . So far, my favourite creature has to be the humble mallard duck. Apparently wigeon are better, but they're elusive. And well camouflaged. I'm also rather partial to a boned&rolled shoulder of lamb, with cider and honey (recipe on request!). What about you?

2. JayBird

JayBird Member

I'm a beef man. Pretty conventional, I suppose. I've got a Foreman grill that drains off a lot of the fat. Give me a nice T-bone or Porterhouse, baked potato and a salad and I'm happy. Sometimes I might substitute some thick-cut steak fries for the baked potato. I've found that about 4 1/2 minutes on the Foreman produces a nice medium-rare steak. Maybe a minute longer if you grill it frozen.

3. TokeTrip

TokeTrip Senior Member

I had the best steak ever in Argentina. Cost me $3.50, was ~14 oz. and was better than any steak before. It killed the munchies with the help of a huge bowl of salad.

4. SilverClover14

SilverClover14 Senior Member

I'm pretty picky about meats. I very, very rarely eat anything that's not chicken, turkey, or fish. Once every few months I have a nice rare steak but I limit my red meats down and refuse to eat pork. The rest of the family hates veal and lamb so I only get that once a year. I must say though that veal picatta is one of my favorite foods ever and my dad makes it amazingly. That's normally a birthday present for me.

5. cousinit

cousinit Member

#1 fave meat, fresh caught & pan fried wild trout, with nothing but littel cracked pepper and lemon jiuce.

my #2 love would be wild elk venison. I cold smoke the meat with alder, then lightly spread on some montreal stake rub. I then slow cook it on a rotissery for several hours.

you guys know Im gona wake up with wet pillow tomoorow eh, because im gonna be drooling all night from thinking about this.

6. nesta

nesta Banned

rabbit stew

lamb (any preparation...though ground lamb makes MUCH MUCH MUCH better burgers than beef....bison is pretty good for that, too)

chicken breast...usually use this in soups and stirfry and such, personally

salmon/dolphin fish (its a toss up...and dolphin fish is entirely different from dolphin, so dont start getting pissed! i think dolphin fish is also called mahi-mahi)

beef enchiladas are a definite weekness of mine

7. TreeFiddy

TreeFiddy Member

bbq baby back ribs

8. 2cesarewild

2cesarewild I'm an idiot.

Nice leg of lamb, marinated in jerk sauce is good, or make a parm garlic sauce with grape tomatoes.

9. Mr MiGu

Mr MiGu King of the Zombies

gimme some goat roti or some grilled callimari please

10. Soulless||Chaos

Soulless||Chaos SelfInducedExistence

I like most any meat. :D

11. Rael

Rael The Ruiner

For me, Prime Rib can't be beat

12. Big Bull

Big Bull Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

A good ole Texas chicken fried steak, smothered in cream gravy, and a side order of fries! Yes I know its bad for me but I love it so much!
    Plus a WHATABURGER!

13. GHOSTCRAB

GHOSTCRAB Banned

Chile-marinated flank steak with a basket full of warm tortilas.

14. Kaiser 4 Sunflowers

Kaiser 4 Sunflowers Banned

Try fasting. It's a blast.

15. dreadlockswampy

dreadlockswampy Swampmiester

Okay, I'm probbably gonna get a lot of stick for this, but I looove Kangaroo steaks I don't eat a lot of them, only in restaraunts, but they are soo nice medium rare !

16. zillagod

zillagod Member

I am a man who likes a good steak. Best steak I ever had was at a restaurant in Jackson Hole Wyoming. It was a filet mignon of Elk.
    Otherwise, I like most meats, beef, pork, chicken, etc
    A rack of lamb always satisfies me. But you know, you just cant go wrong with bacon. I love bacon, wether it be on a samich, mixed in with veggies, or just by itself. There are so many things you can do with bacon.

17. The_Walrus

The_Walrus Sgt. Pepper

I eat so much chicken. I'm a biiiiiig poultry fan.
    I also like beef.
    I try to avoid pork, as I'm converting to Judaism.

That's about it... I basically just eat poultry and beef.

18. cerridwen

cerridwen in stitches

I'm not a huge fan of red meat but I do love cowboy steaks.... but my favourite meat, I would have to say, is chicken.

19. Hobes

Hobes Member

i can have an orgasm in my pants over seeing catfish:drool:

20. Olympic-Bullshitter

Olympic-Bullshitter Banned

Vitellino da latte (milk veal). It means that the animal has been fed only with milk. Conventional veal, which is what we eat in the United States, is the meat from young calves. Veal is nourishing meat, easily digestible, low in fat and therefore a bonus in terms of modern dietary standards.