Favourite horror movie villians part one

Discussion in 'Horror Movies' started by Samhain, Jul 11, 2006.

1. daysye

daysye dumb as a box of hammers

i would have to say michael, jason and then freddy....and michael started killing when he saw his sister having sex with her boyfriend...i think michael was like 5 or 6

2. music4life

music4life Member

First horror movie I saw was Nightmare On Elm Street 3...have been a Freddy fan ever since..also the Hellraiser movies are quite out of this world.

3. Samhain

Samhain Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

I do love the first and third freddy movies, they are some of the only horror I can watch again and again
    S

4. music4life

music4life Member

1rst and third were the only good nes in my opinion..in 4 and 5 it was nice the stories linked..but by that time he was joking more then killing so...1 and 3 forever the best!!!!

5. Samhain

I must admit new nightmare was good too, I liked the main girl in the 4th and 5th ones
    S

6. fountains of nay

fountains of nay Planet Nayhem!

Candyman still scares me to this day

7. easy_rider69

easy_rider69 Member

^ me too, when i was in high school me and my buddys decided that we were going to pop shrooms and rent the candyman, i remember the dude at Blockbuster tell me that it was a bad idea (he could obviously see that we were all trippin balls) But i was too smart for him hey. OMG that night we tripped man im still alittle fliped out about bathroom medicine cabinets. lol

8. fountains of nay

fountains of nay Planet Nayhem!

haha, yeah I watched it with some friends when we were about 10 and our parents were out for the day. Sure, we watched it during the day, but I used to cover up all mirrors until I was about 16. This wasn't just to do with Candyman, but I am pretty superstitious and somebody once told me when I was young that if you looked into a mirror during a storm, you could see the devil looking back at you. That combined with Candyman had me scared for years!

9. Samhain

I said candyman the amount of times you should do in front of the bathroom mirror, nothing happened but I wouldn't do it now, can't see the point in scaring myself!

candyman is also a combination of the 'bloody mary' myths, if you say her name in front of the bathroom cabinate 3 times she comes through and scrathes your eyes out :& :eek:
    S

10. Jesus the Jedi

Jesus the Jedi Senior Member

Candyman mythology is so much better than that bloody mary crap.

11. surrealist glow

surrealist glow Member

jack torrence for the shining and chucky ( he was part of most of my childhood nightmares )

12. hailtothekingbaby

hailtothekingbaby Yowzers!

Damien, Orlok and Hannibal.

13. Dude111

Dude111 An Awesome Dude HipForums Supporter

Yes I just voted on that one but didnt have anything to add on that thread.... On this one I do!!

Definetly Jack Torrence (The shining) .. One of the best movies ever made! (I didnt know they remade it (I DONT WANNA EVER SEE IT))

14. falconer

falconer Member

Pinhead, the cenobite, from Hellraiser. Hands down, my favorite.

15. freedomrider

freedomrider Member

Nicholson as Jack Torrance in The Shining, it's just an amazing performance. The gradual descent into madness is mesmerizing to watch. I wonder how he put himself into the place to do this role...

The Shining is one of the few films that I can say "scare" me in any way. Even though it gets a little hokey/jokey toward the end, overall this is an amazing movie. Musical score was a big part of that.

Some of the other casting was a little weak though. Danny really didn't work for me. Shelly Duvall was OK, I see what Kubrick was trying to do with her, but it did not always work so well.

Anyway this one is way on top of my list for horror.