Favourite anime?

Discussion in 'Cartoons' started by The Imaginary Being, Apr 20, 2010.

1. The Imaginary Being

The Imaginary Being PAIN IN ASS Lifetime Supporter

Anyone watch any anime? I'm a pretty big fan and am just wondering what other people like and dislike.

I'm presently watching Buso Renkin, and nearing the lst few episodes of Bleach.

Any suggestions?

2. Justin_Hale

Justin_Hale ( •_•)⌐■-■ ...(⌐■_■)

My first was Voltron, years ago. So many have come and gone from tv over the years.

I found Inuyasha on adult swim and loved it, but they only showed the first season over, and over.

Escaflowne was on so late at night i hardly got to see it. Cowboy bebop was another i missed most of ufortunately. There was one about a giant (alien i think) robot that the pilot actualy merged with in order to controle. I wish i could remember the name of it.

This is what i'm watching now: Samurai X http://crackle.com/c/Samurai_X#id=2478374

I skipped two pages of season 1 by accident because i didn't notice the double arrows next to the season episodes. I watched a few episodes of season 2 without even realizing it. lol -duh Now i'm backtracking.

3. Reverand JC

Reverand JC Willy Fuckin' Wonka

Although not really anime in the traditional sense "Boondocks". It is American but animated in Japan in anime style (i.e. big round eyes, giant hair do's, exagerrated facial expressions, unusual shading etc.). There are some real Japanese style fight sequences thrown in every few episodes. It is also one of the most intelligent/politically incorrect cartoons I've ever seen.

It is about 2 black kids from Chicago who's parents die and they are sent to live with their grand father in the suburbs outside Washington DC. They tackle a lot of issues of race and media and get alot of High Caliber guest voices including Ed Asner, Charlie Murphy, Samuel L. Motherfuckin' Jackson, Cee-lo, Snoop Dog, Mos Def, Lil' Wayne, Fred Willard etc. The animation is so intricate it takes them about a year and a half to do one season. But definately check it out.

Peace Out,
    Rev J

1 person likes this.
  4. neodude1212

neodude1212 Senior Member

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T6zDfxZ4NcE"]YouTube- cowboy bebop opening

5. undefeated

undefeated Member

like justin i say voltron as well--thats the only anime i like, plus its the original anime

does hulk vs wolverine count?

6. SkinnyHorse

SkinnyHorse Member

Ninja Scroll. it's been my favorite since i was 10 y/o
    [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  7. Jayvader123

Jayvader123 Member

I know not many people like it but DBZ is one of my favs.

Claymore is good
    Bleach but haven't watched it awhile
    Initial D is awesome

8. Sarah_Again

Sarah_Again Inspires Irrelevancy

Trigun
    Fullmetal Alchemist
    Cowboy Bebop

9. Justin_Hale

Justin_Hale ( •_•)⌐■-■ ...(⌐■_■)

^ DBZ is awesome! Fullmetal also!

10. Jayvader123

Jayvader123 Member

I forogt about Fullmetal Alchemist yea it is awesome. Dbz too VEGETA FTW :D

11. The Imaginary Being

The Imaginary Being PAIN IN ASS Lifetime Supporter

Fullmetal Alchemist is really good, as is DBZ (glad a few people here like it)

Surprised no one has mentioned Neon Genesis yet :D

I always get grief for liking Ghost In The Shell, but I think that's some pretty good Anime (either the films or SAC), though it can get a little confusing.

12. Jayvader123

Jayvader123 Member

No-ones mentioned any Gundam well considering theres a crapload of them out there. I've seen only a few eps of Neon.

I've seen Ghost In The Shell i've heard someone say its like Appleseed (is that whats it called)

Anyone remember Akira?

13. Obscured

Obscured Member

14. boguskyle

boguskyle kyleboguesque

Fooly Cooly
    Paranoia Agent
    Cowboy Bebop

the Miyazaki films are fantastic too: Princess Mononoke, Spirited Away, Howl's Moving Castle, etc.

15. Bonkai

Bonkai Later guys

Too many to choose from, I'll just name a few.

Akira
    Princess Mononoke
    Vampire Hunter D : Bloodlust

16. Nyxx

Nyxx HELLO STALKER

Hellsing
    Legend of Black Heaven
    Grave of the Fireflies

17. dazedgatsby

dazedgatsby shitheel

dragon ball z

18. AzureBlueSky

AzureBlueSky Member

Fullmetal Alchemist is awesome, as Imaginary Being said. The recent Hayao Miyazaki films are pretty cool too - Howl's Moving Castle is probably my favourite.

But to be honest, I don't like the direction of modern anime, it just seems to be the same traditional young hero story. I can't really think of many exceptions and it's been a fair while since any true ground was broken - perhaps the demographics have changed since Cowboy Bebop or GitS but it is just not up to the standards it used to be.

For those searching for recent anime, Crunchyroll has good quality and stuff like Bleach and Durara!! (which I liked). Otherwise, NWAnime is not bad for streaming.

19. Dejavu

Dejavu Until the great unbanning

Jayvader123:
    Man who doesn't? :)

[​IMG]

20. enigma35

enigma35 Member

death note, for sure and the manga if you get the chance it is equal if not better. fullmetal alchemist, manga for the same reason. read or die is decent. durarara. and bleach but not the filler arcs (refer to your local nerd to distinguish). but there are plenty others