Favorite strain?

Discussion in 'Cannabis and Marijuana' started by Marley-Sunshine, May 10, 2004.

1. Marley-Sunshine

Marley-Sunshine Member

What's everybody's favorite strain of marijuana?

2. *Anne85*

*Anne85* Member

i dont really have a favorite, but afghani weed is really good...i've had some really good highs off that stuff

3. Velouria

Velouria Member

White Widow.

4. WeeDMaN

WeeDMaN a pothead

Northern Lights:Steady high, dont get too high, sometimes not high enough.
    Blueberry:Very good high, smells kinda funny, taste kinda wierd, I dont like the taste.
    Big Bud:Very big buds, get intense high, smells strong of "minty" weed.
    Skunk:Intense high, taste is not bad and smoke is very warm,I love the high but it is not recommended you buy large portions of this and hide it in your room if your not aloud to smoke it. The smell is really strong and it is easy to have a big room smell like someone smoked a joint in it when noone really did. Roaches get really oily and the high is great.
    BC Hydro:Very Potent, I had 2 hits from it and I was very high. The high can get so intense you may be feel outta space.

Those are the strains I have tried. Anyone here actually smoke white widow before? If so, could you describe the high and of wut quantitys where smoked?

5. Marley-Sunshine

Marley-Sunshine Member

The only one I smoked out of those is Blueberry, which as far as I know, I really enjoyed, but a few minutes after another pack, it was hard to tell which was which, since we smoked some Diesel and Lemonfrost after the Blueberry. It was definitely very intense after that.

I also smoked some Bangladesh this weekend, which totally put me somewhere else, but I noticed that instead of having that really speedy high of thinking about a million things at once, I was just thinking about one thing really hard.

I also have some right now that I got done taking some pictures of, it's called Shiva Monster; very floaty kind of high.

6. GuySmiley

GuySmiley Member

"BC Hydro:Very Potent, I had 2 hits from it and I was very high. The high can get so intense you may be feel outta space."....WeedMan

There is no such strain called "BC Hydro". It is called that because it was probably grown hydroponically. I thoroughly enjoy growing and smoking these strains...:

Northern Berry
    Everest Queen
    Lifesaver
    Very Berry (this particular strain is a hybrid of the every so pleasing and famous "Panama Red")

7. garf12

garf12 Member

90% of the time you arent smoking what you think you are unless you personally know the grower. It really pisses me off when a dealer says oh man I got some dank blueberry, cause its usually bullshit, and they dont know what the hell they are talking about. They are just trying to make more money.

8. porkstock41

porkstock41 Every time across from me...not there!

i agree. this discussion was on the old hip forums a few times. strains are usually bullshit. if you are growing and you know what strain of seeds you have, then you can tell. but lots of people that grow may not even know what strain it is. and unless you know the dealer, you probably can't tell either.

i think the name for strains are kinda like the word "dank." (we've also talked about that before i think garf12). how people call stuff dank that really isn't dank. they use the word dank to mean good weed. one person's good weed may be another person's mids.
    anyways, i think people generalize too much and just call some good tasting bud with a really nice high "blueberry." i also bet that a lot of dealers say that to jack up their prices. (greedy bitches!)

9. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

My favourite weeds are White widow and K2, I also like Silver haze and Sneeuwwitje (snowwhite) very much.

10. UTcolorchangn420

UTcolorchangn420 Member

I've only had bud once that I knew the strain. My uncle knew the grower, he was growing some NYC Diesel. That bud reeked, it was impossible to contain the smell. The bud gave a great high too, wish I could get some more of that.

11. garf12

garf12 Member

I have tried, Blueberry, AK-47, and Northern Lights, white widow, and bubblegum that I can remember. I know that I allways say that when people tell you that you are getting a certin strain it is usually BS, but I smoked these in Amsterdam. Granted they could have been lying at the coffee shop I guess, I dunno? From what I remember I liked white widow the best, it had a real nice taste.

12. WeeDMaN

WeeDMaN a pothead

I know BC hydro aint a strain, but I still said it cuz its populer and I know a dealer who buys his weed in BC, and I know its Hydro cuz before my buddys ex came back from her sisters in BC and she had some BC hydro, stuff looked the same and it tasted the same. I can ussually tell the difference between the buds but I know when a strain is a certain strian. Like Blueberry, Blueberry smells really funny(almost kinda like blueberry but it also has the weed smell in it too) and the taste, OMG I hated the taste. But Big Bud, I can tell its Big Bud from the size of the buds and the high, I got so fried of Big Bud I didnt know wut to do.
    Northern Lights aint all bad, Altho Im not sure if it wuz Northern Lights, It did turn out to get weaker as I smoked more. But That could just be my tolerance. Skunk, I can tell its Skunk from the smell, The smell is so damn strong its unbeleivable.

13. HappyChild

HappyChild Member

Purple Haze!

14. porkstock41

i've supposedly smoked blueberry and ak47. regardless of what they were, both were pretty good, . they had pretty distinct tastes and gave me a great high. i guess i liked the ak47 stuff better. it kinda smelled and tasted spicy from what i can remember. that's the only word to describe it that i can come up with.

15. DarkLunacy

DarkLunacy Senior Member

Uh... I dont know strains (How the hell do you get specific strains) but I smoked some Indica once. Two hits I was stoned all damn day. It was amazing

16. porkstock41

once? probably at least half the pot you smoke is indica, or at least part indica. pot is either indica or satavia, or a mix of the two. these are species or sub species or some shit, not strains. you probably just smoked good indica.

could be wrong though. maybe you always smoke satavia and changing it up got you really high.

17. Marley-Sunshine

Marley-Sunshine Member

I know what I'm smoking; I know that's hard to believe, considering how old I am, but trust me on this one. I smoke with one of my older friends a lot, who has been smoking longer than I've been in existence, he definitely knows what he is talking about; and he grows some of his, and also gets some of it from his friends, which pretty much do the same thing he does. It's a very close knit group of crazy artists, they pretty much all grow their own and trade off, and they get their seeds straight from Amsterdam.

Now I definitely agree when dealing with kids my age, in high school, names and labels are slapped on weed to kick up the price, I see it happen all the time. I hear the stories all the time too, "Oh wow man, I got some Northern Lights....". I would bet every one of them that it's bullshit.

But I know it's the real deal when I smoke with my older friends, the one I usually smoke with is in his late 30's, early 40's, and I'll tell you, I've never smoked better bud.

18. dotadave

dotadave Member

Crippy, best I've ever had because I'm broke as fuck

19. Peace

Peace In complete harmony.

[​IMG]
    grow some pot

20. dotadave

dotadave Member

I'd love to but it would have to wait until I get more secure living arrangements.