favorite old school game consoles!!

Discussion in 'The Hip Polls' started by slappysquirrel, Aug 14, 2012.

1. slappysquirrel

slappysquirrel Senior Member

what's your favorite old gaming console?

2. NW_Trekker

NW_Trekker Guest

Sega genesis. I spent many hours on that console.

3. PEACEFUL LIBRA

PEACEFUL LIBRA DAMN RIGHT I'M A WEIRDO

NES of course

4. themnax

themnax Senior Member

i have no use for anything i can only be "entertained" by, without being able to create on. so i'll stick with my p.c. and the creative tools i play with on it.

5. Nyxx

Nyxx HELLO STALKER

Super Nintendo.
    Final Fight, and the Castlevania game on SNES was the BOMB!!

6. r0llinstoned

r0llinstoned Gute Nacht, süßer Prinz

nintendo sixty fooooo

7. Duck

Duck quack. Lifetime Supporter

Sega Master System is my favorite console. That one's pretty forgotten though; even though it had superior versions of some games that were also on NES, like Double Dragon and AfterBurner and my favorite early console game: Enduro Racer (which I'm glad is on the Wii virtual console)

But you also included DOS in the poll; which blows away any console classic or current. Wolfenstein 3d, Prince of Persia, EPIC Pinball, Supaplex, Detroit, Commander Keen, Scorched Earth, Jumpman Lives! - those were games. The golden age, if you ask me.

8. pensfan13

pensfan13 Senior Member

You cant compare a 2600 to a playstation. Although I sunk just as many hours into both.
    and also intellivision, genesis, and of course the nes.
    i gotta go with the 2600 though because of the huge library and the fact that it was the first widely succesful old school system. Every once in a while I get that old commercial stuck in my head. "UNDER 50 BUCKS!"

9. zombiewolf

zombiewolf Senior Member

With some of the newer consoles and games, you really have the opportunity to create your own entertainment.

I'm talking about in particular the third person action games where you can roam freely through incredibly accurate 3-d renderings of famous locals. (running down pedestrians while being chased by the cops, leaping off your motorcycle just before it careens into a filling station full of gas pumps, patrol cars following as they all explode into a giant fireball...you limp away with the barest smidgin of life,steal another rig and head for the nearest 'sprunk' machine lol (Grand theft auto)...

Once you get fluent enough with the controller, it can be like making your own movie, but in real time.
    ...very addicting

10. Duck

Duck quack. Lifetime Supporter

Although you are right; that's a very poor example. The opportunity to create your own fun in Rockstar's "sandbox" games is very limited. The physics engines and game engines leave the fun mostly to causing chaos, which isn't everybody's idea of fun.

Better examples would include Spore, where you can create your own creatures, eco systems, and planets; Warioware DIY, where you create your own games to play; physics games, that are basically just physics engine you can play with; later entries in the Halo series, where you can edit the maps and exploit the vehicles, weapons, and game engine in nearly endless ways; exploring unfinished parts of maps, using the teleporters and physics to get the vehicles in locations that shouldn't be possible. (Even using tripmines to cause the game to go into trippy glitches) And the new one you're even gonna be able to customize weapons, apparently

But classic computer games have just as many, if not more, examples of this.

11. dixie_pixy

dixie_pixy HighMandi

I vote Sega. I loved mine, especially the Toejam and Earl game! Planet Funktron! WOOT!

12. Koryssa_RUS

Koryssa_RUS Member

Super Nintendo.

My favourite games is Super Metroid, Super Mario: All Stars/World, F-Zero, and Lemmings.

13. SpacemanSpiff

SpacemanSpiff Visitor

NES

for the assorted of games

i recently sold all mine..i think there was about 70 games...sold my SNES too with about 20 games

kept my N64 and gamecube...my vote for best games ever would be Supermario3 for NES and Mario64 on the N64

14. Ely North

Ely North Member

NES. I used to be able to score a goal in Ice Hockey off the face-off in 6 seconds flat!

15. Death

Death Grim Reaper Lifetime Supporter

NES

mario series owns

16. FreshDacre

FreshDacre Senior Member

yaa sega genesis. Sonic 2 was best game ever. I have it on the phone im using to post this.

17. eatlysergicacid

eatlysergicacid Creep in a T-Shirt

N64 should have been a choice. My childhood.

18. Dude111

Dude111 An Awesome Dude HipForums Supporter

Atari 2600 hands down!!!!!!

Colecovision comes in #2 :)

19. RetiredHippie

RetiredHippie Hick

I am so out of the loop. I like pinball machines.

20. slappysquirrel

slappysquirrel Senior Member

LOL i'll take it you'd pick atari, cuz i think pong is kinda close to that