Favorite Natasha Lyonne films or films starring any other junkie

Discussion in 'Movies' started by icedteapriestess, Aug 20, 2005.

1. icedteapriestess

icedteapriestess linguistic freak

Natasha Lyonne is in a hospital with Hep C, a heart infection, a collapsed lung and is covered in needle marks. According the the article I just read, she is "fighting for her life".

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/9013110

I love Natasha. Loved her in "But I'm a Cheerleader" and "The Slums of Beverly Hills" (that part where her and Marissa Tomei are dancing with the vibrator is awesome)

Anyone else? In honour of Miss Lyonne;

What is your favorite film staring a Junkie-actor/actress?

2. kif

kif Member

Spun
    Reqieum for a Dream
    The Basketball Diaries

3. TheLizardQueen

TheLizardQueen horny for knowledge

Dazed and Confused

4. icedteapriestess

okay... i might be wrong, but i think you guys listed movies with actors playing junkies, or stoners. I was thinking more along the lines of the actors themselves BEING junkies, not just "acting the part"

For example? Robert Downey Jr. is a junkie.... can't stop drugging even with all the trying.

And to clarify, for the benifit of this thread, junkies are addicts who can't stop even when faced with death. Smoking pot doesn't make you a junkie.

5. m6m

m6m Member

I was so impressed with Natasha in "The Slums of Beverly Hills" that I was sure that we would see much more of Natasha in the future.

There was this undefinable something about her that came out on the screen that drew me towards her.

I felt I wanted to hang-out with her and explore her world.

But that's the only movie I remember seeing her in.

Is that because of her addiction?

Poor kid, she must be a wreck.

I can only wonder about the kind of loss that becomes so deep that there is nothing left but Heroine to fill it with.

There's something in Scarlett Johansons eyes and voice that remind me of Natasha.

Who are the Junkies in Hollywood?
    I know there has to be a few.

6. TheLizardQueen

TheLizardQueen horny for knowledge

Matthew McConaughey appperently was a huge pothead, which is why being in Dazed and Confused was such a good role:)

7. icedteapriestess

She's been in lots of movies, although not always in a "starring" roll. Some of them are pretty off the beaten track though. A few of her movies are:

Blade Trinity (she plays a blind scientist fighting vampires.. not her best role)
    American Pie
    Die Mommie, Die!
    Party Monster
    Comic Book Villians
    Kate and Leopold
    If These Walls Could Talk 2
    Detroit Rock City
    Krippendorf's Tribe
    Everyone Say's I Love You

Not anywhere near a complete list, but some of the more "popular" ones.

A few other Hollywood junkies? Off the top of my head: River Phoniex (his brother Joaquin is in re-hab right now, i believe), James Dean had an addiction problem, John Belushi, Marilyn Monroe, Elvis Prestley has his drug problems too, Chris Farley, Richard Pryor... tons more.

8. mazzy

mazzy Member

i love natasha lyonne in but i'm a cheerleader and the slums of beverly hills

i saw die mommy die the other day on sundance and thought it was pretty funny

but she also played opal on pee wee's playhouse in the ancient times of the 80's
    i got the series on dvd for christmas and was like oh my god, thats but i'm a cheerleader, its hilarious

my favorite monroe movie is the seven year itch, but personally i'm more of a jayne mansfield fan

and i love chris farley in billy madison as the bus driver...

Bus Driver: That Veronica Vaughn is one hot piece of ace, I know from experience dude. If you know what I mean.
    Billy Madison: No, you don't.
    Bus Driver: Well, not me personally but a guy I know. Him and her *got it on*. Wooo-eee!
    Billy Madison: No, they didn't.
    Bus Driver: No, No, they didn't. But you could imagine what it'd be like if they, eh, eh... everybody on, good, great, grand, wonderful.
    Bus Driver: No yelling on the bus!

9. supermommy

supermommy wannabe crackho

I think Natasha is fabulouso too...i fell in love with her in Slums..that movie kicks major ass..

So weird you mentioned the Phoenix bros...I swear on my tits today i downloaded a pic of each of them for my msn display...spooky spooooooky regan!!! I just watched Stand by Me over the weekend tho too n i was thinking bout how talented River was...so sad...he was so hot in that movie n he was just a kiddo..lol I didnt head Joaquin was in rehab...yikes..

there are hella junkies in hollyweird...