Favorite memory of the 60's?

Discussion in 'Flashbacks' started by AvengingFlower, Jun 28, 2006.

1. AvengingFlower

AvengingFlower Member

What is everyone's favorite memory of the 60's? It's hard for me to choose. I think probably my High School prom, to be honest. It was rockin'! I have many more memories, it will take time to mention them all! If it was happening, I was there! (Well, almost everywhere. It sure felt like it!)

2. tuatara

tuatara Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

i'd have to say having $2 in my pockets and it being enough to put gas in the bike and go to a dance and have a bite to eat afterwards

3. Naturalhi

Naturalhi Great hairy ape

Meeting my mate, finally getting out of school, cruising!

4. toolab

toolab Member

My favorite memory has to be my Woodstock experience. There are others of course, but Woodstock is front and foremeost in my mind. I was only fourteen and it had to be the most spiritual event I had ever had the pleasure to be a part of. Nothing has ever compared or come close to Woodstock. It was magical seeing all the great bands, meeting all the groovy people, and just hanging out in the rain and mud with thousands of brothers and sisters. If I remember correctly (the haze of time kinda distorts your memeory) I arrived three days prior to the event and helped set up the fencing along the perimeter. I also stayed for two additonal days after the festival as part of the clean-up crew. But my most vivid recollection is meeting this girl from another part of the country and the three days wer spent together making love, sleeping in the bushes, and getting stoned. She was sixteen so it was my first experience with an older woman. She was there with her brother and sisters, and I was there with my brother and his Army buddies that has just gotten back from Nam. We all partied together and my brother made out with one of the older sisters. It was such a surreal and fantastic scene with everyone enjoying the music, comradrie, and good vibes. No hatred or violence, justthree dyas of fun and music. As someone said over the PA system, "we must be in heaven man". Yeah, Woodstock was the best memory of my life and will remain so till the end of days.

Love, Peace and Happiness,

Al

5. AvengingFlower

AvengingFlower Member

Oh yeah, I remeber woodstock, man! Well, kinda lol! My memory of it is pretty much a jumble of LOTS of people, mud, music, and dancing au natural....

6. Naturalhi

Naturalhi Great hairy ape

As we say: If you remember the 60's, you weren't really there!!!!

7. Flight From Ashiya

Flight From Ashiya Senior Member

Sitting on the potty.Eating 'Birds Eye Fish Fingers' feeding bread crusts to Ducks in the duck pond of my local park & watching 'Batman','Trumpton' & 'Do Not Adjust Your Set-The Bonzo Dog Doo-Dah Band' on T.V.

.....beat that Haight Ashbury acid-fuzzy!.:D

8. cookie64

cookie64 Member

My best memoryof the 60s. Was going down to Brighton on my TV 175 Lambretta, and kicking the shit out of long haired,smelly fucking rockers.

9. OnlyOne

OnlyOne Banned

I wuz dat longbearded roocker on my Zundapp 150 scooter.

10. earthmother

earthmother senior weirdo

Gettin high in the town square at noon. Graduating 6th grade with love beads and flowers in my hair, Goin' to the black church with all the high energy gospel singing and people jumping up in the isles and hollering "praise the lord"! Politicing for Mcgovern with my mom. Attending peace rallys. Getting a talking to from my science teacher for wearing black armbands to school and giving him a "funny" Christmas present of two sugar cubes in wrapping paper... Freaking out a couple of gossipy blue haired ladys who were rolling their eyes and shaking their heads at me thru the plate glass window of the local coffee shop. I squashed my face right up against the glass not 5 feet from them and stuck out my tongue. I thought they would crap in their pants right there...

11. Duck

Duck quack. Lifetime Supporter

you people all seem super weird =D
    keep goin

12. deezee

deezee Member

mine has to be the day that the 60's REALLY started....february 7 1964. it was my dad's birthday but he still took my best friend and i to the newly re-named kennedy airport in the morning to await the arrival of the beatles that day at 1:21 pm. there were so many great music memories after that. but the minute that plane touched down was the start of all of them for me.

13. poor_old_dad

poor_old_dad Senior Member

Meeting, and having a conversation with. the Reverend Dr. Martin Luther King. To say the least, it was inspiring.

Peace,
    poor_old_dad

14. peace26

peace26 Member

you all are amazing.

15. Bobbyboo

Bobbyboo Member

My Dad coming home every day after work so we could start the ball game in the back yard.My mom cooking dinner for all 6 of us kid's.I new the people that live next to us.and the U.S.A was Run by the people for the people.not some asshole that has sent more than 3,000 of our loved one's to there death's for his oil.

16. Sus

Sus Hip Forums Supporter Lifetime Supporter

I was still in grade school for the most part, and somewhat secluded in a rural area, but I have to say that watching the demonstrations on TV, getting all worked up about the Vietnam war (I was anti-war at a very early age, my dad, being a WWII vet was pro-war, so we didn't talk politics very much... :H), wishing I were older so I could participate, being very sad about being too young to go to Woodstock (but loving to read about it, and hear about it from friends of friends who went), vowing to myself that I would never forget those times, and WOULD participate when I could. Well, I never have forgotten, and I do get involved, and live the life as much as I possibly can... :)

17. hippy401

hippy401 Member

god i wish i woulda been born back then man i wanta experence wooksotck

18. ChiefCowpie

ChiefCowpie hugs and bugs

my favorite was when we levitated the pentagon... the media said we weren't able to lift it but saw the building move a little and go up in the air for a brief second... yah had to be really close to see it

19. Hari

Hari Art thou Art

My best memory is arriving in the village in 1969 for the first time with two buddies of mine after having read and heard so much about it. It was Sunday, and it was a beautiful sunny day, and people from all over walked in the sidewalks like it was a big continuous party.

A group of teenage kids with tie-dye shirts were giving away pennies with something written on it. I think it said "smile".

We had walked from Port authority(34 st) to 8st, and before that it was just a big city, but arriving in the Village was something unique and almost incredible it was indeed the highlight of my teenage years. It was the first day of the rest of my days in the greatest place on earth.

20. Freewheelin Franklin

Freewheelin Franklin Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

Seeing the Beatles in concert in Atlanta Stadium, 1965