Favorite fruit

Discussion in 'Let Food Be Your Medicine' started by dacre4, Nov 11, 2007.

1. dacre4

dacre4 Member

Edit: i pick dragonfruit

Eric! likes this.
  2. couch_monster

couch_monster Member

I loooove watermelon

Eric! likes this.
  3. Arlandis

Arlandis Visitor

Apples :D

4. pepper67

pepper67 Member

bananas all the way

5. 90 paces west

90 paces west Member

Kiwi!!!!!
    :]

6. dacre4

dacre4 Member

Nothing can replace sweet sweet candy! I just eat banannas because they're good for you. All the other fruits are great.

7. come.together

come.together Member

Citrus Sucks

8. come.together

come.together Member

and why werent the berries included?!?!?!?!? THEY ROCK

9. astaff

astaff Member

i like rasberries and watermelon... so i picked melon lol watermelon has melon in it...

Mary Billups likes this.
  10. Carlfloydfan

Carlfloydfan Travel lover

no blackberries? damn man.

anyways, Kiwi is the best. but aforementioned berries are close behind, as are peaches!!

11. dacre4

dacre4 Member

LOL there is a different thread for that. This thread is specifically for fruits. Not that berries aren't a fruit, but since theres another thread for berries, i don't wannah waste a poll option on berries. Mabey it's possible for a mod to add a berries option. But then since so many people already voted it wouldn't really be fair.

12. Shamanic Steve

Shamanic Steve Member

Pineapples cut and served by an old jolly man singing on a beach in Majorca.

Truly the best fruit I've had.

13. MouseLicentia

MouseLicentia Member

14. themnax

themnax Senior Member

i don't know what a dragon fruit is. sounds like horse apples from dragons, but i'm hoping it means something else. at any rate with that exception, i would have to say all of them, all on that list, all about the same. no strong dislikes among them. maybe mellons more then apples but everything other then apples a little less and dragon fruit a complete unknown, none more or less then any of the others. there really isn't any just one from that list i have any stronger affection for then any of the others.

i might say i like the diversity of them more then any single one of them though.

chop any (other then dragon fruit, unless that turns out to be something good too) three or more of them up togather and put a little sourecream on them. yum.

=^^=
    .../\...

15. itsamagicallife

itsamagicallife Member

I'd never heard of dragon fruit either so here's what I found:

The pitaya (also known as pitahaya, dragon fruit, huǒ lóng guǒ (火龍果/火龙果), strawberry pear, nanettikafruit, or thanh long) is the fruit of several cactus species, especially of the genus Hylocereus, but also see Stenocereus. Native to Mexico and Central and South America, these vine-like epiphytic cacti are also cultivated in Southeast Asian countries such as Vietnam, the Philippines, and Malaysia. They are also found in Taiwan, Okinawa, Israel, and southern China. The pitaya blooms only at night; they are large white fragrant flowers, typical of cactus, that are often called Moonflower or Queen of the Night.

The species Stenocereus gummosus in the Sonoran Desert has been an important food source for Native American peoples. The Seri people of northwestern Mexico still harvest the highly appreciated fruit of the pitaya agria (Spanish), which the Seris call ziix is ccapxl - "thing whose fruit is sour".

16. themnax

themnax Senior Member

sounds like something i'd love to try.

wild blackberries, olaliberries (a kind of blackberrie), thimble berries (from when i was living up in oregon) are among the things not mentioned that are on my personal list also.

=^^=
    .../\...

17. farmout

farmout All who wander arent lost Lifetime Supporter

Hey, I love all of the goodies on the poll!
    Yum Yum..... :)

18. Autentique

Autentique wonderfabulastic

I love Mango :), it has always been my favorite fruit, and I've tried MANY different types, but there's nothing like the ones they sell back in Santo Domingo, but the specific ones I like, because there are many many variations.
    I love Bananas too and everything made of them, Banana Bread, Banana Yogurt, Banana shakes, Banana Nut Muffins, Cereal.. it's all so yummy.
    My other favorite it's Pineapple, it's so refreshing :)

19. hailtothekingbaby

hailtothekingbaby Yowzers!

Oooh, difficult. I like all kinds of fruit. :)
    Lately I've been really partial to nectarines. So deliciously sweet!

I'd never heard of dragonfruit before either, so thanks for clarifying. ^_^

20. lostboundaries

lostboundaries Member

i like the dragon fruit